RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Comments & Suggestions
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-06, 03:34 AM   #1
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IDEA #2 - Textual Territory [STROBE READ!!]

IP: 60E5 1FAF

Here is another... just on my way to revamping the site... or at least suggesting on how it could be done..

TEXTUAL TERRITORY

#1 – The Battle Arena

The title and subtext.

The Battle Arena
Text:
Make a challenge. Set the rules. Battle it out. Users with 50+ posts can vote.
Click here for battle stats.

That is it; all you need is one forum for text/topical battles. The whole purpose of having standard front lines and then elevated front lines baffles me. All you are doing is basically telling a bunch of people that they are wack and not good enough to battle against certain other people. And then those “elevated” battlers simply just go battle them “newb” battlers in the standard front lines. So, the whole EFL forum is basically pointless.
And please don’t just make on forum and call it Front Lines… it ain’t like people are going to war in there. So “The Battle Arena” works nicely. And then you have the one sub-forum titled “Battle Callouts” because calling it “Bitch Slapped” just sounds retarded to me.
So, one forum is all you need… and you just got to filter all the battles from EFL into FL and please, again… change the forum title.

#2 – Cyphers

The title and subtext.

CYPHERS
Text:
Follow the Leader.

Yeah, this is cool. Although I think that new mods are needed. At least replace Valor who does nothing in there. And Ysdat needs to chill on the whole deleting cypher threads. I mean seriously, there was a 1-2 Punchline Cypher and a 2 Words Multi Cypher… and then he deletes them and makes the exact same thing, only with different names. Also, I don’t know if it was purposefully done but, I tried to make a thread in there the other day and it said I didn’t have access or something like that. Like my account wasn’t activated or some bullshit, basically saying I couldn’t make a thread. Also, if a new mod is appointed and Ysdat is cool with it… I would be more than happy to help.

#3 – Freestylin’ It!

The title and subtext.

Freestylin’ It!
Text:
Keystyles. Open Disses. Get critiqued by other members.

Now me personally, I think that the Open Mic forum is one of the worst things on this site. Firstly, you need to scrap the OMHOF because now that we have the RV Hall of Fame there is no need for any other type of HoF. Next, I don’t see why topical pieces get priority in the main forum and text style freestyles and disses get confined to a shitty sub-forum.
That is why I propose you have this forum, purely for freestyles and disses on people. It would be like a text open mic forum, but with a cooler name. Then you have a “Closed Threads” sub-forum and “The Basement” sub-forum which would be for the text battles to take place – ones that people don’t want affecting their records.

Sub-Forum Title and Subtext.

The Basement
Text:
Underground Battles. This is where it goes down.

#4 – Visions of Words

The title and subtext.

Visions of Words
Text:
Writtens with emotion. Get critiqued by other members.

Anybody with a better title, feel free to suggest it. That one was the only thing I could come up with at the time. This would basically be a forum for topical and poetry pieces. I don’t know if you would want them in the same forum, or break them up. But, I honestly don’t see the need for separate forums. They are both similar in the fact that they are all about imagery and emotion. But yeah, the “Diary” sub-forum from the current Open Mics forum would be put in here. Also, add in a “Closed Threads” forum where the mods could move pieces dropped where the idiot didn’t bother to drop any links, as opposed to the method now of just closing them and leaving them in the main forum.

*NOTE* - If need be this forum could just be for topical pieces and you could leave the Poetic Scriptures Forum up.

Also, I thought that you could move the Rhetorical Insights forum in the Visions of Words forum, and have it as a sub-forum.

*NOTE* - Again though, if need be then just leave it in its current forum.

It’s just the way I see it, you would be saving space on the main page which at the moment has a few MAIN FORUMS that could be SUB-FORUMS.
Old 06-09-06, 04:30 AM   #2
Magic5

IP: 6EB9 28C9

1. I like the names "Front Lines" and "Bitch Slapped." It's original. Every fucking invisionfree/ezboard over the internet has "The Battle Arena." That's played out and it's gay now (you like those multis?!). However, I do agree with combing EFL and FL.

2. Cypher does need a new mod. I was doing it, but my cousin got in a battle with Ysdat so I recorded an acapella of me saying "Poetic Artist is a gay faggot," and he used it in his verse. The next day I was no longer mod, but whatever. Ysdat and you would be a good mod team in that forum and shit. As far as you not being able to make a thread in that forum, you have to have your account privledges upped to the status of "mod" (the official kind, not like. . when you run a league or some shit).

3. I agree with scrapping the Open Mic Hall of Fame, but I don't really see the point in even having a forum called "Freestylin' It." Like, I don't know why there are sub forums right now. Now, there are 3 semi-active forums instead of one active one. I just think re-combining the keystyles/disses into the main Open Mic forum would work best. The Basement is pretty much dead too, but I can understand wanting to battle without having your record affected, so I'll agree to having that remain there.

4. As stated previously, I think the Open Mic/Visions of Words forum should be left by itself and have all of the topicals/disses/keystyles posted there. Keep the Diary as a sub forum or whatever. . doesn't really matter. Topicals and poetry aren't the same, so I'd say keep the Poetic Scriptures forum how it is. The placing of Rhetorical Insights doesn't really matter, I just like it on the main page because I think it'd get more replies where it's at in comparison to in the Poetic Scriptures forum.

Yeah, just my opinions. .
Old 06-10-06, 04:14 AM   #3
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP: 60E5 1FAF

^Yeah, that works.

Putting all keystyles, disses, topicals in one forum works. It worked before at least. So yeah, just comb them all together. And the rest is as it is. Word.