RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Gimmick Battle Association
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-07, 04:47 AM   #31
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP: 5338 849F

all leagues suck, text is boring now... i can't be fucked with it anymore
Old 02-13-07, 05:35 AM   #32
Appocolyptik
Beginning Your Ending

IP: 349D 3BAA

I agree

I might get into topical
Send a message via AIM to Appocolyptik Send a message via MSN to Appocolyptik   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-07, 06:19 AM   #33
grams
Light Weight

IP: 7699 FD3A

rofl @ you guys talking about quitting one week into it.

wbl and lll are going good.
Old 02-13-07, 09:27 AM   #34
Restricted
DaTrus Is A Bitch!

Text Record: 59-10
Audio Record: 1-1
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 2E70 836B

Fletcher can't be fucked with? LoL

There are probably a lot of no-shows because this league isn't really that motivating. I only dropped because I didn't want to no-show and make the league look bad, but I only keyed up a 5 minute verse.

I'm not sure how well this is going to pick up...but we'll see.

Topical would be cool, I've love to see how cats can actually "write" on this site..
Old 02-13-07, 09:30 AM   #35
DEFY
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 0528 BE3A

used to do a topical league on emcee forums, that was the best league on there...get to see peeps true writing talent...ill be up for running it if needs be.....
Old 02-13-07, 09:51 AM   #36
Restricted
DaTrus Is A Bitch!

Text Record: 59-10
Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 2E70 836B

^Same here, I ran the first ever topical tournament on this site, and people dropped some good shit. Had good writing cats like Flow Intelligent and L.I. I think those were the other two who were in the championship with me...

Yea, Topical is decent but everything gets boring after a while..
Old 02-13-07, 10:51 AM   #37
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

IP: 2AC9 5FB1

lol, Nick I'm not letting you sign out, that's bs givin' up on your own league within 1 week. I wreckon there were mostly no-shows cuz people aren't used to mondays.

This league WILL do good. There's no question about it, it'll just take hard work and recruiting, both of which I'm going to be doing.
Old 02-13-07, 11:10 AM   #38
ThatsWhatSheSaid
= )

Text Record: 3-3
IP: E0AB 4BA8

The deadline shouldnt be so long, should put pressure on the people to post sooner because it gets slept on because the wait

5 Days to post a verse is to much, thats 1 bar a day, if you mean to tell me half these people can only write 1 bar a day they shouldnt even be here o_O

And as far as being busy goes i get that but shouldnt join a league if you cant provide the time to post, it just wastes the mods time and my time waiting to view n vote on their shit na mean? Its whatever though i wont leave after one week ill give it time to develope, im sure itll turn out fine
Old 02-13-07, 11:18 AM   #39
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

5 days is pretty standard. Its not that it takes that long, the reason leagues give 5 days is because if you give 5 days for writing and then 2 voting, that completes a full week and then you start matches the same day the next week. If you cut that 5 into fewer, it'd mess up the scheduling of the league.

Oh well, but yea, this league will be fine, it'll just take a few weeks to grow, all new leagues do. Oh yeah, lol @ grams saying LLL is doing well. Its at like an all-time low. The WBL is the only league on the net doing well at the moment and we'll be joining that shortly.
Old 02-13-07, 11:55 AM   #40
Appocolyptik
Beginning Your Ending

IP: 2D85 4230

I think Friday is the best day to drop, Monday is a shitty day being at the start of the week and all. Friday dropping and Saturday and Sunday voting, that's how it should be.
Send a message via AIM to Appocolyptik Send a message via MSN to Appocolyptik   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-07, 12:00 PM   #41
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

Nah, i'm not changing it man unless theres a huge demand for it, voting went towards Monday.

Your circumstances are a bit as you are younger and don't go out to bars, but a lot of people here do, or at least go out to parties on friday night. Friday night is a terrible day for it to be due.
Old 02-13-07, 12:03 PM   #42
ThatsWhatSheSaid
= )

^- That would make sense but thats not how it's set up

Topics go up Thursdays, Verses must be up before 3 am monday, than voting until Wednesday

So you have from 3 am monday until thursday to vote... Thats if my understanding of the Rules are correct but i think im right
Old 02-13-07, 12:05 PM   #43
ThatsWhatSheSaid
= )

I never said Friday was a due date, and im 18, i go out, i just have my verse in before i leave, im not sayin its a big deal but you have talk of people leaving the league already, for whatever reason, the no shows we had, ect.
Old 02-13-07, 12:27 PM   #44
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

Well Artistik and GC signed out, but not cuz of the league, GC told me he's sick and will be back in a week and Artistik is leaving cuz hes tired of text, not the league. Just Nick who seems frustrated for some reason?

Things are fine tho, and some of those people who didn't show are gonna likely show today as I reminded all of them this morning.
Old 02-13-07, 12:27 PM   #45
Appocolyptik
Beginning Your Ending

IP: 2D85 4230

What about Tuesday being the due date?

Monday is too start of the week ish.