RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-06, 08:01 AM   #1
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
He who has an ear, let him hear...

IP: 40C2 F668

Come in and sit.

Ask me anything you've ever wanted to know about Jesus, Christianity, or even my walk with God. Please, be respectful or I won't acknowlede the question. If I don't know an answer off-hand, I will pray and/or RESEARCH the answer for you.

Holla

Send a message via AIM to Tha .Q   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-06, 08:43 AM   #2
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 5DED B8CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by T ha Q
Come in and sit.

Ask me anything you've ever wanted to know about Jesus, Christianity, or even my walk with God. Please, be respectful or I won't acknowlede the question. If I don't know an answer off-hand, I will pray and/or RESEARCH the answer for you.

Holla

Dope thread..

I got a few questions for you...

I guess to begin, I dont mind your religion at all. I class it as one of the better religions on the market (reletivly speaking), however there are but a few rather, annoying dogmatic views I see that modern christians for the most part, still go to considerable lengths to protect.

I have to ask, are you REALLY of the opinion that a middle eastern man named Yeshua Bin Yosef concieved roughly 2000 years ago that lived till his 30's and roamed the lands preaching against shitty dogmatic beliefs in the jewish church is actually infact the 'one and only' devine son of god walking the earth using a mere human being as an avatar?

Do you seriously believe this so-called 'deity' somehow...........died for our sins?

What sins did he die for?

I was un-aware that before christ got offed by the romans the world was in a completly different state of existance where none of our sins were forgiven and we all went to hell. Remember that the age of man has been going for well over 60,000 years (long before judaism). What do you suspect all those poor people did before 'Jesus Christ' came along?

Heres the thing. I dissagree that christ in any way shape or form, died for our sins. I dissagree that christ was a deity.

I believe it is more probable that Yeshua Bin Yosef was simply a highly influencial human 'prophet' that your religion has chosen to idolise to the point where you actually pray to jesus as though he was god himself. Surly this in itself goes against your religious laws of not praying to idols, figurativly speaking. Jesus is an idol.

I have come to the logical conclusion, that christianity, while primarily it is a half decent jewish sect, has some serious flaws in its exhadurated view of a human prophet and its dogmatic inability to recognise there is no one true religion. I havnt really even scraped the surface of the problems of christianity. But I understand you cant answer everything....

So just address the points I've put forward and maybe I'll write more at a later time.
Old 09-23-06, 11:10 AM   #3
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

^^Good God man...so much?

Yo...I don't have time to type all of this now...So, would you mind narrowing your post to one question at a time for me please? Iz be slow sumtime

hehe
Old 09-23-06, 05:53 PM   #4
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 325B FA89

How do you feel about the way christianity is executed today? From my point of view, it looks like it's turned from a religion based on very internal, deep, spiritual change into a religion based very externally, on priests, bible studies, churches formalities etc. Don't get me wrong, there are certainly christians who got the message Jesus was trying to convey... But they are few and far between.
Old 09-23-06, 07:11 PM   #5
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
How do you feel about the way christianity is executed today? From my point of view, it looks like it's turned from a religion based on very internal, deep, spiritual change into a religion based very externally, on priests, bible studies, churches formalities etc. Don't get me wrong, there are certainly christians who got the message Jesus was trying to convey... But they are few and far between.

Good question man...

I'll base my answer mainly on my opinion, backed by what Jesus said about Christianity.

As a whole, I like the direction Christianity is heading. The main problem with Christianity is the amount of denominations within the religion. These divisions are man-made and are based on tradition rather than biblical doctrine--e.g., rituals and sacraments. The only sacrament Christians are required to observe is Communion. Everything else, including format of the service, is man made.

Many Christians are oblivious to the direction Christ wants his believers to go. Many people who claim to be Christians are living lives that don't represent God's word. If people would simply focus on what the mission of Christianity is, to spread the Gospel of redemption, then the religion as a whole would be less divided.

With that said, don't make the mistake of thinking Christians are a powerless, divided people. What I'm saying is that we get caught up in the details sometimes that we forget the big picture, and that's Christ crucified and resurrected. Also, different peoplefocus on different aspects of ministry, based on their individual experiences. For me, my ministry will focus on spiritual warfare and deliverance. For someone else, it may be healing or prosperity. Those differences give the illusion that people aren't unified and are out for "self". That's not true. In the end, it's all about giving glory to God, the father of our Lord Jesus. That's what Christianity is about.

^^This is a very abbreviated answer.
Old 09-23-06, 07:53 PM   #6
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

What would you say is the common conception of christianity? I believe the message Jesus was trying to convey was one of peace, deliverence from suffering, cultivation of limitless love and compassion for everyone by everyone, becoming non-judgemental, and ultimately trusting in Jesus by aspiring to act and think like he did (a by-product of this is your own savior).

However, what I would say the majority of people think christianity is about (in my limited opinion) is saving themselves. They ignore almost every message of Jesus except for "he died for our sins, so we are forgiven." Religion and God are not their first priority, they rarely uphold the teachings, they preach their limited understanding of the message to others who are put off christianity and spirituality because of misunderstanding.

There is another kind of christian that i've come across that is usually over 40 years of age. An example is the chaplain of the christian school that I work at. He is very closed minded, preaches without discussion, dismisses any questions that seem to attack his rigid beliefs or provoke thought. There are a lot of these types around...

I think (mainstream) christianity is headed in the opposite direction to where it should be headed. There are many christians who uphold the teachings and are open minded about things, but the outward image of christianity (which is important because its the image that non-christians are exposed to) is not very appealing.
Old 09-23-06, 08:11 PM   #7
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Quote:
What would you say is the common conception of christianity? I believe the message Jesus was trying to convey was one of peace, deliverence from suffering, cultivation of limitless love and compassion for everyone by everyone, becoming non-judgemental, and ultimately trusting in Jesus by aspiring to act and think like he did (a by-product of this is your own savior).

However, what I would say the majority of people think christianity is about (in my limited opinion) is saving themselves. They ignore almost every message of Jesus except for "he died for our sins, so we are forgiven." Religion and God are not their first priority, they rarely uphold the teachings, they preach their limited understanding of the message to others who are put off christianity and spirituality because of misunderstanding.

There is another kind of christian that i've come across that is usually over 40 years of age. An example is the chaplain of the christian school that I work at. He is very closed minded, preaches without discussion, dismisses any questions that seem to attack his rigid beliefs or provoke thought. There are a lot of these types around...

I think (mainstream) christianity is headed in the opposite direction to where it should be headed. There are many christians who uphold the teachings and are open minded about things, but the outward image of christianity (which is important because its the image that non-christians are exposed to) is not very appealing.

1st off, not all people who claim to be Christian are knowledgeable of the bible. And, those who are that fit the description of that chaplain may well be closed minded. The truth of the matter is, there are many false prophets out there. Jesus' message was one of love and redemption. However, we are living in a time now where tough love is also needed to reach many people. There are many interpretations of scriptures in the bible. But, if you really take things in context, the message of Christ is quite clear: Reach others through the gospel.

As far as people just trying to "save themselves", that's a possibility. However, it must be noted that not everyone is called to minister, or to have an "official" ministry. Jesus commands that all of us, in our own rite, serve as living testimonies to those around us of His saving/delivering power. But, that doesn't mean everyone is meant to stand up behind a pulpit and preach. The same can be said with other statements Jesus made. This walk is personal. And, no one is perfect. So, while it would be ideal to be like "little christs", the truth is, most Christians fall short of that.

As a believer, I have my own struggles, even as I continually dedicate my life to serving and acknowledging God. Every person who commits to this walk will have a struggle that is there own. Jesus said, "take up your cross and follow me." We all have one to bear. That is, however, no excuse to fail. It's just a constant reminder that no one is truly "good" but God.

With that said, Christianity is very strong right now. We may not all agree on the specifics of certain scriptures. But, the main point of Jesus being the reason for our faith unites us in the end. The problem is, weeding out the false prophets from the real ones. The bible says, "You'll know them by their fruit."

P.S. The "image" of Christianity, like any image, is determined by the viewer. Don't be fooled. God has a purpose for every one. The fact is, NO ONE can turn to God unless God firsts reaches out to him. We don't have the mind to.

Old 09-23-06, 08:32 PM   #8
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Yeah... It reminds me of that parable about sowing the seeds that fall onto different kinds of ground.
Old 09-25-06, 03:21 AM   #9
Implicit
-BTR-

IP: B08B 609B

This is for Nos concern about praying to false idols.

The reason it is not praying to false idols is because in christianity we believe that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are one. That is called The Trinity. To support this, I go to the Bible where it says that

1) John 10:30 - "I and my Father are 1." That is Jesus speaking
2) John 12:45 - "And he that seeth me seeth Him that sent me." Also Jesus speaking.

So if you hear someone pray to Jesus, they are not praying to another idol because the scripture says that He and His Father are 1.

Hope that kinda cleared it up for you.
Old 09-25-06, 03:55 AM   #10
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Implicit
This is for Nos concern about praying to false idols.

The reason it is not praying to false idols is because in christianity we believe that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are one. That is called The Trinity. To support this, I go to the Bible where it says that

1) John 10:30 - "I and my Father are 1." That is Jesus speaking
2) John 12:45 - "And he that seeth me seeth Him that sent me." Also Jesus speaking.

So if you hear someone pray to Jesus, they are not praying to another idol because the scripture says that He and His Father are 1.

Hope that kinda cleared it up for you.

I see those same quotes, and take it compleatly differently.

I and my father are one.......... -- It is quite obvious to me that this is the same for all things in the world of your belief. Your god is everything and everywhere, omniscient and controlling of all existance. We are all one with god, be it whether we are at peace with him or not is a different matter. I have serious doubts as to whether Jesus would class himself in a 'devine trinity' raising his status to the same level as the devine conceptual creator of the universe and all things in it. I believe strongly that this is a mere mistake in translation to a lesser mind attempting to gain a grasp of what Jesus was expressing with those words. He doesent mean he is god, he means he is a small but instrumental portion of the larger being of god.

And I am one with god myself, so are you! I believe any concept of a 'devine trinity' including the human prophet of a religion is blasphemous and I suspect Jesus himself would tell you the same.

If you pray to Jesus your replacing god with the title given to a man named Yeshua Bin Yosef 2000 years ago. Obviously this must be contradictory to a lot of your more fundemental beliefs on god, beyond the teachings of Jesus the human prophet.

But yeah... I've also yet to hear any proof that jesus actually 'died for our sins' also.............lol

Died for our sins..

Wtf does that even mean?
Old 09-25-06, 04:14 AM   #11
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP: 8E3C C4ED

I love that line... "I and my father are one."

But yo, Jesus dying for sins (if you take it literally), is a large scale version of a normal sacrifice. People believed that if they had sinned, which they always did, then they had to regularly perform a ceremony in which usually a baby lamb or something else seen as innocent was killed. It was thought that by giving this innocent lamb as an offering to God for their sins, they would be forgiven.

That's why jesus is sometimes referred to as the lamb of God.
Old 09-25-06, 04:21 AM   #12
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
I love that line... "I and my father are one."

But yo, Jesus dying for sins (if you take it literally), is a large scale version of a normal sacrifice. People believed that if they had sinned, which they always did, then they had to regularly perform a ceremony in which usually a baby lamb or something else seen as innocent was killed. It was thought that by giving this innocent lamb as an offering to God for their sins, they would be forgiven.

That's why jesus is sometimes referred to as the lamb of God.

Yeah, people also believed a lot of dumb shit back then aswell that wasnt true. Normal people dont do that shit anymore, non-christians included, and the world is no different.

Why do we still say Jesus died for our sins?

Cant the religion move on from its dogmatic traditional antiquated beliefs?
Old 09-25-06, 04:29 AM   #13
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP: 8E3C C4ED

Hey, I dunno, don't shoot the messenger.
Old 09-25-06, 08:19 AM   #14
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Text Record: 57-16
Audio Record: 8-3
IP: C3D2 E26F

hey i gotta question...

why is it no matter how much churches receive in donations, why the heck can they STILL not fix the roof?

HOW MUCH DOES THAT ROOF COST MAN???

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-06, 02:20 PM   #15
Implicit
-BTR-

IP: B08B 609B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog
hey i gotta question...

why is it no matter how much churches receive in donations, why the heck can they STILL not fix the roof?

HOW MUCH DOES THAT ROOF COST MAN???

Now that is actually quite funny. For that, maybe you should go to the church and ask what they do with the money that they receive.