RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-06, 02:28 PM   #16
Implicit
-BTR-

IP: B08B 609B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
I see those same quotes, and take it compleatly differently.

I and my father are one.......... -- It is quite obvious to me that this is the same for all things in the world of your belief. Your god is everything and everywhere, omniscient and controlling of all existance. We are all one with god, be it whether we are at peace with him or not is a different matter. I have serious doubts as to whether Jesus would class himself in a 'devine trinity' raising his status to the same level as the devine conceptual creator of the universe and all things in it. I believe strongly that this is a mere mistake in translation to a lesser mind attempting to gain a grasp of what Jesus was expressing with those words. He doesent mean he is god, he means he is a small but instrumental portion of the larger being of god.

And I am one with god myself, so are you! I believe any concept of a 'devine trinity' including the human prophet of a religion is blasphemous and I suspect Jesus himself would tell you the same.

If you pray to Jesus your replacing god with the title given to a man named Yeshua Bin Yosef 2000 years ago. Obviously this must be contradictory to a lot of your more fundemental beliefs on god, beyond the teachings of Jesus the human prophet.

But yeah... I've also yet to hear any proof that jesus actually 'died for our sins' also.............lol

Died for our sins..

Wtf does that even mean?

As far as the Trinity being contradictory to the fundamentals, that is actually one of the fundamentals of Christianity.

Let me list them just so you can see.

1) Inspiration and Authority of Scripture - all scripture in the Bible is inspired by God
2) The Virgin Birth - Jesus was born of a virgin named Mary.
3) The Blood Attonement - The blood that Jesus shed on the cross saved us from eternal damnation in Hell.
4) The Deity of Jesus Christ - Which is the Trinity
5) Bodily Ressurection of Christ - After he died on the cross, he rose 3 days later
6) Jesus Pre-Millenial Return to Earth - Pretty self-explanatory
7) Reaching the Lost - The lost is the term we use to refer to those who do not have Christ in their life and have not accepted Him as their personal savior.
8) Living Seperate from Worldly Practices - The Bible says to not conform to the ways of the world. That being worldly practices that will ultimately go against what God's word says.

There may be others that someone may mention but all will most likely go under one that I have listed.

You may not agree with any of them and I highly doubt that you will. So if you have any questions, feel free to ask them.
Old 09-25-06, 07:48 PM   #17
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 8E3C C4ED

I love how almost everybody, christian or not, ignores number 8.
Old 09-25-06, 08:35 PM   #18
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 40C2 F668

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
I love how almost everybody, christian or not, ignores number 8.

God defines "worldly" practices in 1 John chapter 2...

And, yes, because of this flesh we all live in, we struggle with it. Truth is, though, God wants his believers to enjoy life--so long as it's not a compromise of his fundamentals.

Send a message via AIM to Tha .Q   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-06, 08:36 PM   #19
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

If you live seperate from worldy things and practices, you'll enjoy life like you never have before.
Old 09-25-06, 08:38 PM   #20
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
If you live seperate from worldy things and practices, you'll enjoy life like you never have before.

Yea but...everything belongs to God, according to the bible. So, "not comforming" to this world doesn't mean living a barren life. It means living according to biblical principles, many of which include acknowledging God in all your ways.

Old 09-25-06, 08:39 PM   #21
Cocaine
Blow Me

Text Record: 31-5
IP: CBA8 A958

i read somewhere that some of jesus christs' bloodline is still alive.. and that there researching the fact that he may have had a son.. idkk
Old 09-25-06, 08:43 PM   #22
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocaine
i read somewhere that some of jesus christs' bloodline is still alive.. and that there researching the fact that he may have had a son.. idkk

Don't believe the hype bruh

those are the same types of people who see elvis...

Fact is, the priore of zion (however u spell it) was a hoax...It has nothing to do with the Holy Bible.
Old 09-25-06, 08:44 PM   #23
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by T ha Q
Yea but...everything belongs to God, according to the bible. So, "not comforming" to this world doesn't mean living a barren life. It means living according to biblical principles, many of which include acknowledging God in all your ways.

If somebody lived by the biblical principles, they would already be living seperate from worldly things.

You play the little games that life throws at you, but the difference between you and the next man is that you KNOW they're games.
Old 09-25-06, 08:46 PM   #24
Cocaine
Blow Me

Text Record: 31-5
IP: CBA8 A958

Q, let me ask u a quick question.. in the event that christianity.. or the fact that a God even existed.. was proven wrong.. what would you do?? would you drop your religion and move on?? or would u hold onto your beliefs?
Old 09-25-06, 11:56 PM   #25
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

It's impossible to prove that God doesn't exist.