RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-07, 03:13 AM   #121
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 2998 9024

compare the start of this thread with the end, then reflect on rv.

ironic?
Old 11-04-07, 12:52 PM   #122
Dickard.
A Life Of Chryme

Text Record: 24-4
IP: 17A3 8BF2

hip hop is dead
Old 11-04-07, 01:14 PM   #123
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

cos of wack fucks such as yourself
Old 11-04-07, 10:21 PM   #124
Fly-E
Addicted

Text Record: 12-6
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 3A82 639D

Naw hip hop aint dead mystic we jus aint got them true rappers in it no more! Wait and see once eminem cums wit his new shit and we see more true rappers we'll be bak! Real rappers that are in the game right now that are good=Eminem, Young Jeezy, even though i hate this dude but lil wayne, T.I., Plies, and alot more but 60 % of the artist are commercial wich is maken hip hop dead but trust me a simple song can bring it bak and were jus waitin to see it cum out and really give us that new motivation!
Old 11-05-07, 09:47 AM   #125
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Audio Record: 5-1
IP: 7569 8A64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz™
hip hop is ME.........................................

. .

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-07, 02:34 PM   #126
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Text Record: 22-1
IP: 079D 694E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly-E
Naw hip hop aint dead mystic we jus aint got them true rappers in it no more! Wait and see once eminem cums wit his new shit and we see more true rappers we'll be bak! Real rappers that are in the game right now that are good=Eminem, Young Jeezy, even though i hate this dude but lil wayne, T.I., Plies, and alot more but 60 % of the artist are commercial wich is maken hip hop dead but trust me a simple song can bring it bak and were jus waitin to see it cum out and really give us that new motivation!

young jeezy? plies?

really?

hip hop isn't dead.....at all, it's very much alive and well..it's fucking rediculous to say that hip hop music is dead, simply because backpackers don't hear atmosphere on the radio...the only truth to hip hop being dead, is it's fans have jumped ship because they've gotten too lazy to look beyond the radio.....honestly, you cats must be young....i remember the 90's...the radio was doing the same things then as it is now...theres good music on the radio now, just as there was before...is it my favorite music? No. Is it music i would go out of my way to buy? No. I save my money for real hip hop music..and im rich....what does that tell you? That there is plenty of good music to buy and listen to, and more importantly...enjoy to the fullest...people need to stop crying and over exaggerating when explaining the current state of hip hop.

BUT, if hip hop were to ever die...which it won't..but if it was to die...it would be because of people like you, who claim "real rappers" are artists like young jeezy or plies....what a fucking joke.

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

The I.H.C.J.S.F.M.T.R.H.P.M.M.W.T.S.M.S.I.T.F.F.W.A.S. O Crew
Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-07, 05:33 PM   #127
Fly-E
Addicted

lolplies is hood and thats why i say that nigga is good! Jeezy is real no matter wat he spits the truth like his first album but were all intitled to our own opionin and u dont like em and i do and all ur points were correct so i agree wit u to a point!
Old 11-06-07, 02:46 AM   #128
Zone Out
Power Hungry

IP: FDE1 A67E

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Evolution
young jeezy? plies?

really?

hip hop isn't dead.....at all, it's very much alive and well..it's fucking rediculous to say that hip hop music is dead, simply because backpackers don't hear atmosphere on the radio...the only truth to hip hop being dead, is it's fans have jumped ship because they've gotten too lazy to look beyond the radio.....honestly, you cats must be young....i remember the 90's...the radio was doing the same things then as it is now...theres good music on the radio now, just as there was before...is it my favorite music? No. Is it music i would go out of my way to buy? No. I save my money for real hip hop music..and im rich....what does that tell you? That there is plenty of good music to buy and listen to, and more importantly...enjoy to the fullest...people need to stop crying and over exaggerating when explaining the current state of hip hop.

BUT, if hip hop were to ever die...which it won't..but if it was to die...it would be because of people like you, who claim "real rappers" are artists like young jeezy or plies....what a fucking joke.

Wrong.
In the 90's and early millienium they played songs like Nas - Hate Me Now, Jay-Z - Jigga My Nigga, DMX - Ruff Ryders Anthem etc etc.
When was the last time you listened to a song on the radio and was like "damn dude spittin" or "wow his lines is hot"?
Everything on the radio is for females or dancers.

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Old 11-06-07, 02:48 AM   #129
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Quote:
lolplies is hood and thats why i say that nigga is good! Jeezy is real no matter wat he spits the truth like his first album but were all intitled to our own opionin and u dont like em and i do and all ur points were correct so i agree wit u to a point!

Plies is hot garbage. I dont give a damn how "hood" or "real" he is, what about his rapping skill? 1 syllable rhyming. LITERALLY 1 syllable rhyming. His delivery is wick wick wack.m Plies is horrible, not to mention he fucks up the english language so much is ridiculious.

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Old 11-06-07, 03:37 PM   #130
Fly-E
Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone Out
Plies is hot garbage. I dont give a damn how "hood" or "real" he is, what about his rapping skill? 1 syllable rhyming. LITERALLY 1 syllable rhyming. His delivery is wick wick wack.m Plies is horrible, not to mention he fucks up the english language so much is ridiculious.

Ur opionon to r-evo was good but idc wat u say about plies and iwasnt sayin it like he was the greatest right now he aint even in my top 20 but he will be in the road ahead so instead of pissin peeps off wit ur opinons be more open to other niggas thoughts!
Old 11-06-07, 04:32 PM   #131
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Quote:
Wrong.
In the 90's and early millienium they played songs like Nas - Hate Me Now, Jay-Z - Jigga My Nigga, DMX - Ruff Ryders Anthem etc etc.
When was the last time you listened to a song on the radio and was like "damn dude spittin" or "wow his lines is hot"?
Everything on the radio is for females or dancers.

No, not wrong. Hate me now is one of nas's worst songs....and when he did it...50% of his fan base jumped ship because they figured he was going pop.....ruff ryders anthem is not even close in comparison to the level of music dmx has made, that hasn't made the radio or atleast gotten play on a cosistent basis. And jigga my nigga is another terrible example...another sub par song from a great artist.....they still do that exact same thing now.....take great artists...and play mediocre songs.....

i have a dream - common, hip hop is dead - nas, hot thing by talib kweli, blue magic - jay-z, less than an hour by nas...WU TANG IS BACK ON THE RADIO.....what more could you fucking ask for...seriously....i just named anywhere from 6-10 songs that they are playing on the radio now...that are all much better in quality and content then the songs you used for examples to argue my point.

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-07, 05:01 PM   #132
Fly-E
Addicted

Quote:
No, not wrong. Hate me now is one of nas's worst songs....and when he did it...50% of his fan base jumped ship because they figured he was going pop.....ruff ryders anthem is not even close in comparison to the level of music dmx has made, that hasn't made the radio or atleast gotten play on a cosistent basis. And jigga my nigga is another terrible example...another sub par song from a great artist.....they still do that exact same thing now.....take great artists...and play mediocre songs.....

i have a dream - common, hip hop is dead - nas, hot thing by talib kweli, blue magic - jay-z, less than an hour by nas...WU TANG IS BACK ON THE RADIO.....what more could you fucking ask for...seriously....i just named anywhere from 6-10 songs that they are playing on the radio now...that are all much better in quality and content then the songs you used for examples to argue my point.

Good point but honestly hip hop isnt where it used to be! People used to go crazy for lyrical songs by like Dr. Dre, and tupac (R.I.P) and B.I.G. (r.I.P) and ALOT more the hip hop on the radio now that people jam to is like cyclone and all them club banga songs! I mean i like that pop bottles and thats like the only one by birdman i like and also i like that im so hood and a bit more but im waitin for people to get bak into the true lyrical zone of hip hop!
Old 11-06-07, 05:27 PM   #133
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Quote:
Good point but honestly hip hop isnt where it used to be! People used to go crazy for lyrical songs by like Dr. Dre, and tupac (R.I.P) and B.I.G. (r.I.P) and ALOT more the hip hop on the radio now that people jam to is like cyclone and all them club banga songs! I mean i like that pop bottles and thats like the only one by birdman i like and also i like that im so hood and a bit more but im waitin for people to get bak into the true lyrical zone of hip hop!

You're right..it's not..it's gotten stronger. It's absolutely rediculous to think or even cater to the possibility of a decline in hip hop music. The only difference between now and then....is the lyrical element of hip hop has evolved...if dre had a new album...we'd still here it on the radio....just like we still hear jay-z on the radio...if pac and big were still alive...we'd still here them on the radio...which makes everything else completely irrelevant...because what the majority of the population wants to hear...is different than it used to be....why? Because hip hops fan base wasn't near as big back in the day...the people who grew up with it in it's "prime" fell in love with it for specific reasons...hip hop has grown so strong over the last 10 years that the fan base is equal to the majority of the population of the united states of america....the reason for this? The mainstream has gone out of it's way to please a large group of people equally, rather than a smaller group of people on an extreme level...what does this do? It allows people to make decisions on what they like about the music...there is enough balance on the radio or in the mainstream...for someone to say.."okay, i like this song more then that song...because of this" which gives them the ability to dive right into the style of music they prefer...the radio is an equillibreum for hip hop in general....theres no extremes in any of the music...the club music is mediocre..the concious music is mediocore...the feel good music is mediocre....hip hop hasn't declined....the only thing thats changed...other then hip hop exploding in the most diverse monster we've ever seen....is the fact that the people who listen to rap music...have changed their preference...it's not a matter of good music not being there...good music is all over the place...it's just a matter of people 1...not being interested in it.....and 2...people not taking the initiative to get music from artists they like....and refusing to put forth an effort to find artists that are similair in style....which says volumes of our societies lazy ways, and says literally nothing about the current state of hip hop.

Old 11-06-07, 06:08 PM   #134
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Quote:

WTF? Are you a mountain climber that plays an electric guitar?
lmfao @ You speaking on another's man's fanbase. Nas' Hate Me Now was NO WHERE NEAR pop music. And Ruff Ryders Anthem came out it was when Ruff Ryders had shit on smash. You're not arguing a point, you're just being oblivious to the facts to try to prove your case.
But I see right thru that.
btw, that Blue Magic shit is wack as fuck. Saying that that song is even half way decent or even better than Jigga my Nigga is an insult to Jay.
Kill yourself or dont speak on hip hop.

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Old 11-06-07, 08:02 PM   #135
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Quote:
WTF? Are you a mountain climber that plays an electric guitar?
lmfao @ You speaking on another's man's fanbase. Nas' Hate Me Now was NO WHERE NEAR pop music. And Ruff Ryders Anthem came out it was when Ruff Ryders had shit on smash. You're not arguing a point, you're just being oblivious to the facts to try to prove your case.
But I see right thru that.
btw, that Blue Magic shit is wack as fuck. Saying that that song is even half way decent or even better than Jigga my Nigga is an insult to Jay.
Kill yourself or dont speak on hip hop.

Hate me now is garbage, nas himself said so....ruff ryders anthem came out and was a good song....thats not the point...my point was, which you validated for me....was that dmx...and ruff ryders in general...were making much better music then the ruff ryders anthem....the anthem was a mediocre song in comparison to the other music they were making at that time....bringing that up tells me you don't understand half the shit I'm saying....blue magic is a garbage song.....thus proving my case even further...that the radio uses sub par music from great artists......

You didn't argue anything in your response...all you did was prove that you don't understand what the fuck I'm saying....and re-itterate what I've already said....without making a case for what you said previously.