RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > 1-2-1 Punchline League
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-07, 09:35 AM   #1
Civil.
What' it do?

Week 2 Mag.

IP: 477E 12AE

Hey, I want to welcome everyone to a exciting 1st mag.
Brought To You By K. Stubbs

First and foremost, i want to thank all of you that showed last week. Week 2 ran a lot smoother than that of week 1. We still had a couple no shows, BUT they will be handled in their own way. As for the basic jist of the league so far I see potential in a lot of areas, as well as areas that need to be worked on. My main concern is getting this league running the way it should. The 1-2-1 format is set up in the dopest way possible, and this league could/will be dope most likely after week 5. As to following through with that, after week 5… Those that aren’t showing promise of potential, and those that have no showed 1 time or more. Will Be BOOTED. Also, after week 5.... I will Enforce The Voting System, Every Voter that doesn't have @ least 4 votes linked into their check in. Will receive a loss, for every link NOT provided. A lot of people have problems/issues with links, however it’s the quickest way for me, to double-check the voters. As to an upside for this, there will also be a prize given out to The Voter Of That Certain Week. That prize will most likely be a win added onto their record.

Week 2 Breakdown

FlowIntelligent 1-0 .vs. Prycele$$ 1-0

Flow basically, dropped 1 punch, and received the no show win against Prycele$$

Zelph 1-0 .vs. bobericc_lyrics 0-0

After both individuals checked in late. An extension was granted; where Zelph Dropped
4 lines, and stormed a way with a no show win.

Lay Fear 0-1 .vs. Lampejo. 1-0

Both of these two are in sight for elevation. Lay Fear’s 1st punch showed potential, but slacked in wording. Lampejo. Basically dropped two punches that needed a lot of work,
Overall this individual needs to lengthen his lines up and add more content. Lay Fear’s 2nd punch completely ruined the thought that he had potential, Once again poorly worded
Think about what you’re writing before you post it, don’t rush. Lay pulled the W in this match up

Thoth 1-0 .vs. GESTURES 0-1

After Continues beef, in both the chat thread and the battle, Thoth pulled out a victorious win against Gestures. Thoth’s 1st punch was worded poorly but the basic concept showed potential, where as both of gestures punches were basic and simple. Then to come back at it with an extra humph…Thoth completely crushed Gestures with his 2nd punch. Good concept. Worded great as well. Thoth blew up with the Win on this one.

Tebo 1-0 .vs. §howcase 1-0

Originally supposed to have been a good battle here, But Tebo only ended up dropping his first punch, which was worded poorly and a bit too forced. Mean while Showcase dropped 2 complete dominating punches that crushed all hopes for Tebo in this match up.
Showcase came and left with the Win in this battle.

Jay-Brook 1-0 .vs. Jonathon 1-0

Both of these individuals not only show potential, but also have potential to be dope, and have dropped dope prior to this battle. However, in this match up both came played, and dropped 2 punches a piece that were completely basic…. and once again played. Jay-Brook ended up edging this one.

Big Picture 1-0.vs. Te Ora 0-0

This was a one sided match up in my opinion. Big’s first punch blew Te away with creativity. Not worded the best, but the overall concept was good. Te signed out of the league after stating it wasn’t that great of a league, then dropped 2 basic ass punches that would never have had a chance against Big. Big’s 2nd punch, was played by the end of the week. But probably the 2nd best of them all, big walked away with the W in this match up.

Alphabetized 1-0 .vs. Brandon Cielasek 1-0

After going out of town, Alpha loses due to no show, and Brandon comes out on top
With the no show win. Good job B.

GKillaz05 0-1 .vs. Rival. 0-1

Another match up here were both opponents failed to drop on time. After the extension was granted Rival, beat G’s 1st and only punch with cleverness and overall good concepts. The wordings on these were great. Rival walked away with a win on this.

DaTrusHurtz 1-0 .vs. Popcorn 0-1

A good battle here, came out with the least amount of votes last week. DaTrus’s 1st bar was a good concept, but worded poorly. Pop followed through with dropping both punches that also showed potential but lacked in wording. The overall concepts of both bars from Pop were kind of played, but he added a twist on them that could have been dope. DaTrus’s 2nd punch scattered Pop’s chance of winning this battle. It was a creative punch, but played in a lot of areas. DaTrus ran away with the win on this one

Ghunz 0-0 .vs. TonyTone 1-0

TonyTone scared this dude away with his check in. Ghunz failed to drop, and TonyTone
Received the no show win.

K.Stubbs 0-1 .vs. E Looch 0-1

My 1st punch was simple, nothing real dope about it. Not really played, but just basic.
E Looch failed to come through with even 1 descent line. Both bars were generic, and basically not enough wordplay. Overall a good rhyme scheme but leaning more towards statements rather then punches. My 2nd punch was a bit too forced, but in my opinion the overall concept was there. I tumbled out with the win on this one.

Jay 3rd 0-0 .vs. Jonny Hustle 0-0

This battle was both of these individuals 1st appearance in the 1-2-1 tournament. Jay 3rd pulled through with some good metas/multis. But couldn’t pull the punch off, both bars were definitely leaning towards statements. Jonny showed up, and crushed all of Jay’ from the inside out with cleverness, and basic concepts that were worded with a lot of potential. Jonny ended up taking this one.

Top 5 Punches From Last Week.

Number 1
Jonny Hustle against Jay 3rd

Quote:
That's the best you can do? Make a lame joke on my dick?
I'll have this faggot feelin more pain that the lame quote in his sig.

Number 2
Showcase against Tebo

Quote:
Told me to cut the bullshit? Now I'll kill you with an evil touch,
Because I would cut the bullshit if I could...but you would bleed too much.

Numer 3
Thoth against GESTURES

Quote:
this kid settin records, it's amazing, when elevated i graze clouds..
and look down on those who use new punches, that r already played out..

Number 4
Rival against Gkilla

Quote:
When I punch you in the eye, no doubt you won't manage to look fast
Fuck where ya reppin bitch,
Cuz I've always been known for opening up a Canada whoop ass

Number 5
DaTrusHurts against Popcorn.

Quote:
Yet ANOTHER truce/war line, this league's gone far south
But u do look ready for War...
... once u get the deck of cards out

Not much to choose from this week, hopefully next week…it will be tougher

Week 3 Predictions

Big Picture 2-0 .vs. TonyTone 2-0
Alphabetized 1-1 .vs. FlowIntelligent 2-0
Brandon Cielasek 2-0 .vs. Thoth 2-0
Prycele$$ 1-1 .vs. Rival. 1-1
bobericc lyrics 0-1 .vs. Showcase 2-0
DaTrusHurts 2-0 .vs. Zelph 2-0
Tebo 1-1 .vs. E Looch 0-2
K.Stubbs 1-1 .vs. Lay Fear 1-1
Popcorn 0-2 .vs. Lampejo. 1-1
Jonny Hustle 1-0 .vs. K.ontroverz.Y 0-0
Jay-Brook 2-0 .vs. -Coop- 0-0
Jonathon 1-1 .vs. Kwik. 0-0
one way 0-0 .vs. Shiest 0-0 .vs. Defined 0-0

In Closing, I want to wish everyone a good week. Hopefully, there won't be many no shows, I see alot of potential match ups this week. If you have any problems or notice anything that needs to be fixed/any questions feel free to pm me at any time. I'm lookin forward to seein how this week turns out, so lets get it on the road.
Old 04-22-07, 11:11 AM   #2
Popcorn.
Flyweight

IP: 225B 11A9

Good mag, son. Still can't believe I lossed. SMH! Oh well. No more playing around now.!
Send a message via AIM to Popcorn.   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-07, 11:34 AM   #3
Jonny Hustle
New to RV

IP: 891B 44D0

nice mag. good lookin out on the top punch.
Old 04-22-07, 05:49 PM   #4
M&rk
10:23 till i'm 86

IP: D22F CD29

i think rivals punch was the best and i can't believe u predicting against me. other than that decent mag, keep up the good work

Big Pic- Whore of the World ( youtube video)

Jesus saves, even from paranoia

myspace.com/marktimothyschafer
my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-07, 06:50 PM   #5
Civil.
What' it do?

^lol.
Old 04-22-07, 07:59 PM   #6
Alphabetized
New Jack

IP: A1E4 9BCF

It's about 453/531ths as good as mine...
... good effort. :P

Good mag dog.
Old 04-22-07, 08:01 PM   #7
Multi
Trill OG

IP: 96A0 2E8F

Nice mag....no doubt.

Old 04-22-07, 08:06 PM   #8
Civil.
What' it do?

thanks thanks a bunch.
Old 04-23-07, 01:42 AM   #9
TonyTone
Fuck Parents

IP: 4236 4020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Picture
i think rivals punch was the best and i can't believe u predicting against me. other than that decent mag, keep up the good work

if it weren't 2 am, i'd have something to say....

....for life
Send a message via AIM to TonyTone   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-07, 10:14 AM   #10
Civil.
What' it do?

^i just now realized who you are. =>
Old 04-23-07, 06:36 PM   #11
M&rk
10:23 till i'm 86

IP: D22F CD29

^^^^^ and that would be..... a loser, haha

Big Pic- Whore of the World ( youtube video)

Jesus saves, even from paranoia

myspace.com/marktimothyschafer
my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-07, 10:21 PM   #12
TonyTone
Fuck Parents

IP: 4236 4020

..................>.<

....for life
Send a message via AIM to TonyTone   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-07, 10:28 PM   #13
Jay-Brook
New to RV

IP: EF7A A2F1

the mag is dope.....keep it up.......but you should'nt off predictied against me
Old 04-23-07, 10:56 PM   #14
-Coop-
New to RV

IP: 1149 2528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-Brook
the mag is dope.....keep it up.......but you should'nt off predictied against me

Why not?
Old 04-23-07, 10:58 PM   #15
Civil.
What' it do?

Lol I appreciate all the good comments