RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-07, 03:57 AM   #1
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
"The Secret"

IP: 80D6 7866

Anyone ever watched/read that thing? My gf won't shutup about it. What's the deal with this thing? She's explained it to me, but it sounds like a crock of shit.

Doesn't it basically say "think positive thoughts and your life will be positive."?

It's like oh ok, I was not aware that being happy would bring me happiness. Thanks for the tip.

What else was in there... Oh yeah, that attraction stuff. Keeping your goals in mind so that you are always working towards them, then you will receive them. So working towards your goals helps you realize them? I never would have guessed.

What do you guys think about it? Any success stories? I'm kind of skeptical of it, well the way they are presenting it at least (The stuff in it from what I've heard doesn't seem wrong, just obvious). It seems like they are trying to prey on the weak minded or something.
Old 05-28-07, 04:01 AM   #2
Dez
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: F040 E78F

It's basically "think positive and positive things will happen", yes. Which, to a point makes sense logically, but as far as the universe bringing things that make you happy to you because you are happy, - no.

She's gullible as shit if she actually believes this garbage.
Old 05-28-07, 04:27 AM   #3
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 2AB9 77AF

They mainly mean shit like, if you have the mindframe that you will succeed in everything you set for yourself in life the probability of success will be substantially increased.

I guess if you feel as though life is just one great big placibo effect then sure.. But time usually shows that fate will always take its own course reguardless of human emotions towards circumstances in life. I've heard the tapes, they can be reasonably convincing if you let yourself get caught up in the hype, but ultimatly it doesent always mean if you vividly believe you will become a millionaire that its inevidible..

What this 'secret' bullshit does achieve though is a source of inspiration or confidence for people who need a bit of a push along to get to where they need to go in life..

Just smile at her and take it for what it is...who really cares
Old 05-28-07, 04:53 AM   #4
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

That's what I've been doing... Just sort of going along with it and agreeing with her.

I think it does work to an extent. Having your goal in mind constantly, you are more likely to do things that work towards it rather than things that don't. Somebody who is thinking "I want X" every single day is more likely to get X than someone who once thought they wanted X, then didn't think of it again until later on.

But that's just common sense, not some mystical secret of the universe.
Old 05-28-07, 07:23 AM   #5
KOOL COL-B
Tha 1st member of S.W.A

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 39AB 70FF

werd, my health n human services class watched tha movie n my teacher iz always talkin about it. n yeah, its biasicly just common scence. tha mo u focus on gittin something, tha mo u'll do shit to bring yoself closer to gitting it.

n dios mio @ tha girl in yo sig, Jesus chainsaw jugglin Christ!

she yo gf? werd

REST IN PEACE MY MUTHAPHUKKIN SPICCA OMB!!!
Old 05-28-07, 09:17 AM   #6
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

I wish

Isn't she just the cutest thing you've ever seen??!?! <3<3
Old 05-28-07, 12:42 PM   #7
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
IP: 974D 4926

I'm going to make a sequel to this movie that talks about how if you are sad, you'll be sad, and if you try to kill yourself, you might end up dead. People will be amazed at this revolutionary new concept.

=/

I think it's just made for the dumb asses who have only fleeting moments of happiness in their lives and are all amazed to find that happiness is everywhere, you just have to let it be part of you.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!