RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-06, 05:24 PM   #1
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Text Record: 22-1
The REAL PROOF that hip hop is dying

IP: 676B 9D48

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Summers
the New ll cool j and mariah carey song

control myself...

No, the only proof that hip hop is dying here...is that you actually take something you hear on the radio or see on t.v into consideration when evaluating the current state and well being of hip hop.....my 2nd piece of evidence....is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelo
Hip hop is dyin because little funny lookin whiteboys like you claim you know the game inside and out.

first of all, this is straight up ignorant...
secondly...hip hop is dyin because minorities involve race in the question of who knows more about hip hop...let me break it down for you....chances are...i'm older than you, as old as you, not quite as old as you.....which means.....we live in the same fucking generation.....which means..hip hop is just as much a part of my generation as it is yours, or any other white kid in the same generation...race is irrelevant when it comes to the understanding of hip hop...whats relevant is your exposure to it, and the time you were born(perhaps why nobodies grandpa likes hip hop unless theres some kind of prevelant connection to jazz) and i don't want anyone comin in here sayin.."oh well im 5-10 years older than you, and krs-one is before your time...and blah fucking blah" shut the fuck up...before my time.....or before anyone elses time...is something that is forgotten..through time...everyone wants to act like they have superior knowledge of hip hop...especially older dudes....the only thing i have to say to that is...anything great or tragic is timeless...which is why we still study the great minds of the past....which is why people today, understand plato more than they did when plato was alive, it's a building process...the people before my time, have allowed me to build on what they built...which is exactly why you can't ever fuckin tell me you know more about hip hop because your older.......by the way.......hip hop isn't anywhere close to dying....hip hops alive and well

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

The I.H.C.J.S.F.M.T.R.H.P.M.M.W.T.S.M.S.I.T.F.F.W.A.S. O Crew
Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-06, 05:35 PM   #2
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

IP: AC2A 692A

Hip hop will never die. Its a lifestyle.
Old 03-08-06, 05:37 PM   #3
Dirty Nigga
E-Style, Bitch.

Text Record: 33-18
IP: B431 825C

LOL, So I'm the reason hip hop is dying?

hahahahahaha

Thats funny, but I support all artists.

from 50, to..big daddy kane to the likes of murs and slug.

I am not the reason Hip hop is dying.

Like daubs said, Hip hop will never die...

To kill hip hop, you'd have to kill the streets.

People Hate What They Can't Conquer
Send a message via MSN to Dirty Nigga   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-06, 05:44 PM   #4
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Don't flatter yourself my friend, your an EXAMPLE of why hip hop is dying...because you think you know more about it...than someone else...because of there color..or background..or whatever...you obviously have some kind of reading comprehension or literacy issue....otherwise you would have said...."Your right, i shouldn't judge anyone, about anything, i'm sorry"

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-06, 05:46 PM   #5
Dirty Nigga
E-Style, Bitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braille
Don't flatter yourself my friend, your an EXAMPLE of why hip hop is dying...because you think you know more about it...than someone else...because of there color..or background..or whatever...you obviously have some kind of reading comprehension or literacy issue....otherwise you would have said...."Your right, i shouldn't judge anyone, about anything, i'm sorry"

I wasnt breaking down his whole race

He has his pic in his sig, and he said that LL Cool J is hip hop.

take daubs for example, he's white...he knows the british rap game inside and out, and he knows a great deal about us hip hop too.

Now the real reason hip hop is supposedly dying is because of the commercial side of it.

thats all.

Old 03-08-06, 05:52 PM   #6
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Okay point taken, but, the fact still remains...what i said was true, you might not be apart of that group of people, but it IS true....now....think of this....i disagree with you and anyone else who says the commercial side of hip hop is why it's dying...mainstream is vital to hip hop. All they want is recognition, and in this day and age, thats all anyone wants, they might be "sellouts" but some people are just more desperate than others to be noticed, some people's worst fear is to be a fly on the wall, and i can't disrespect someone for that, not to mention, theres a lot of people who start listening to hip hop, underground rap, whatever you want to call it, because of what they see on t.v....they might not have the exposure to it that you have, or daubs, or I have, or anyone else, maybe all there friends listen to alternative, but something draws them to the baseline, and sometimes elusive, but catchy lyrics and hooks that are often apart of mainstream hip hop, theres been a handfull of people who say..."i hate rap because of 50" well guess what, i listen to all the hip hop i listen to now, because of 50...i used to love 50, now i listen to every underground artist you can think of, and theres a million other cats who have experienced it the same way I have

Old 03-08-06, 06:01 PM   #7
Dirty Nigga
E-Style, Bitch.

Quote:
Okay point taken, but, the fact still remains...what i said was true, you might not be apart of that group of people, but it IS true....now....think of this....i disagree with you and anyone else who says the commercial side of hip hop is why it's dying...mainstream is vital to hip hop. All they want is recognition, and in this day and age, thats all anyone wants, they might be "sellouts" but some people are just more desperate than others to be noticed, some people's worst fear is to be a fly on the wall, and i can't disrespect someone for that, not to mention, theres a lot of people who start listening to hip hop, underground rap, whatever you want to call it, because of what they see on t.v....they might not have the exposure to it that you have, or daubs, or I have, or anyone else, maybe all there friends listen to alternative, but something draws them to the baseline, and sometimes elusive, but catchy lyrics and hooks that are often apart of mainstream hip hop, theres been a handfull of people who say..."i hate rap because of 50" well guess what, i listen to all the hip hop i listen to now, because of 50...i used to love 50, now i listen to every underground artist you can think of, and theres a million other cats who have experienced it the same way I have

I hear ya, man...

and I aint mad at emcees for signin a deal, Lord knows if the oppertunity was to arise, I'd do the same thing.

What I'm mad at tho is when emcees start singin on tracks, forgettin there roots....and dumbin down rhymes for the world.

Theres mainstream artists out there who dont dumb down rhymes and are just as popular as ja rule...or LL cool J, thats what pisses me off about the mainstream

the likes of 50 cent, I have nothin but respect for...dude puts out a mixtape every 2 weeks (g-unit radio), he trys to sign every available emcee with a dope track record of droppin anthems...He's what mainstream artists aim to be.

I definately dont agree with ''I hate rap cause of 50''..he doesnt give it a bad name.

Old 03-08-06, 10:24 PM   #8
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

IP: 933F CFA5

Quote:

Dont try to sound all important and know what you are talking about, all of you sound extremely stupid!! Hip Hop is Hip Hop. Whatever happens to it happens, who really cares? Whether there are weak artist in the game or good ones, its gunna end up how it ends up. I personally think hip hop is at its strongest...Rock bands/artist are the ones gettin paid more money and having tha most fun, and that was and remains a fact, but hip hop bands/artist have risen from tha time it first started to now, and every year, hip hop artist are getttin wealthier and startin more trends...why? because of exposure. more people are listening to hip hop each year. every fan hip hop looses it gains 10 more. So, if hip hop was dying, it wouldve been dead! pointblank, period.
Old 03-08-06, 10:29 PM   #9
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

IP: 933F CFA5

Quote:
I hear ya, man...

and I aint mad at emcees for signin a deal, Lord knows if the oppertunity was to arise, I'd do the same thing.

What I'm mad at tho is when emcees start singin on tracks, forgettin there roots....and dumbin down rhymes for the world.

Theres mainstream artists out there who dont dumb down rhymes and are just as popular as ja rule...or LL cool J, thats what pisses me off about the mainstream

the likes of 50 cent, I have nothin but respect for...dude puts out a mixtape every 2 weeks (g-unit radio), he trys to sign every available emcee with a dope track record of droppin anthems...He's what mainstream artists aim to be.

I definately dont agree with ''I hate rap cause of 50''..he doesnt give it a bad name.

Agreed, there is no such thing as "I hate rap because of a weak emcee"...like it or not, your least favorite emcee is still making money, because they are making music that tha people who are buying their record wanna hear. 50 cent is making tha music he's making today because tha people who buy it wanna hear it. ANd i have no doubt in my mind that if any one of these kids on this board were in 50's shoes, you would do tha same....

Oh and Carmelo still comes on this site regulary? Damn.....roflllllllllllll

J DOT
Old 03-09-06, 10:10 AM   #10
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 1-1
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 4327 2D93

Quote:
Hip hop is dyin because little funny lookin whiteboys like you claim you know the game inside and out.

This is what I mean....lmao.... it's comments like this that are killing hip-hop...or at least trying to.....

Do you have any idea who Rick Rubin is?.... Rick Rubin is the "funny lookin' whiteboy" who helped Russell Simmons put Run DMC and LL Cool J in the positions that they're in today.... in the history books of hip-hop!

This is what I mean about da young kats coming into this game and not knowing the history of it all.... Read some books and think before ya say shit like that... and i ain't no "funny lookin' whiteboy".... i'm a "funny lookin' black dude" that's been around long enough to know my fair share of the history of my CULTURE (hip-hop)... and ya know what's wild about all that?.... i'm still learning about it...

be easy and cut people some slack... that black and white issue in hip-hop is dead... my music is universal and knows no boundaries and sees no colors

werd

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-06, 10:49 AM   #11
Dirty Nigga
E-Style, Bitch.

IP: 5529 2DD1

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.G.
Quote:

This is what I mean....lmao.... it's comments like this that are killing hip-hop...or at least trying to.....

Do you have any idea who Rick Rubin is?.... Rick Rubin is the "funny lookin' whiteboy" who helped Russell Simmons put Run DMC and LL Cool J in the positions that they're in today.... in the history books of hip-hop!

This is what I mean about da young kats coming into this game and not knowing the history of it all.... Read some books and think before ya say shit like that... and i ain't no "funny lookin' whiteboy".... i'm a "funny lookin' black dude" that's been around long enough to know my fair share of the history of my CULTURE (hip-hop)... and ya know what's wild about all that?.... i'm still learning about it...

be easy and cut people some slack... that black and white issue in hip-hop is dead... my music is universal and knows no boundaries and sees no colors

werd

Yea, and your an Idiot.

I wish people would stop taking my comments out of context.

That funny lookin whiteboiy comment was directed at the funny lookin whitebooy who claimed LL was hip hop.

I'm not defining every whiteboy as funny lookin or dont know hip hop

Ive cleared this up with Brailie or whatever his name is.

so dont even try and start on this subject again, because your basically wrong.

Old 03-09-06, 11:05 AM   #12
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 1-1
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 4327 2D93

obviously you only took out of my message what ya wanted and didn't get the full gist of what i was saying....

you start off by name-calling... a sign of immaturity and obviously a defense mechanism... i'm not attacking you.... just the comment that was made.... i read your other posts.... ya other posts seemed to be a lot more intelligent than the previous...

"the funny looking white boy comment"...whether you were referring to one particular person or not... is a percursor to what is wrong with hip-hop... too much tearing the next person down and not enough building up... instead of attacking him maybe you should have sparked a debate and shared your ideas that way the both of you could benefit from it

I brought up Rick Rubin to spark a debate and to prove a point... not to attack and downsize another hip-hop fan... i used your comment as an example and in return you went back into attack/defense mode by calling me out of my name (me? an idiot? wow... guess ya do learn sumn new everyday)

anyways, like i said... be easy and cut folks some slack... and stop being so damn angry... smell the roses and be glad you're able to see another day... i guarantee you someone didn't get to do that today

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-06, 11:16 AM   #13
Dirty Nigga
E-Style, Bitch.

IP: 5529 2DD1

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.G.
obviously you only took out of my message what ya wanted and didn't get the full gist of what i was saying....

you start off by name-calling... a sign of immaturity and obviously a defense mechanism... i'm not attacking you.... just the comment that was made.... i read your other posts.... ya other posts seemed to be a lot more intelligent than the previous...

"the funny looking white boy comment"...whether you were referring to one particular person or not... is a percursor to what is wrong with hip-hop... too much tearing the next person down and not enough building up... instead of attacking him maybe you should have sparked a debate and shared your ideas that way the both of you could benefit from it

I brought up Rick Rubin to spark a debate and to prove a point... not to attack and downsize another hip-hop fan... i used your comment as an example and in return you went back into attack/defense mode by calling me out of my name (me? an idiot? wow... guess ya do learn sumn new everyday)

anyways, like i said... be easy and cut folks some slack... and stop being so damn angry... smell the roses and be glad you're able to see another day... i guarantee you someone didn't get to do that today

I do that alot

Old 03-12-06, 10:07 AM   #14
J Summers

IP: E8B4 945F

ya'll fuckin serious... i was just making a point that the song sucks real bad... ya'll need to take things with a grain of salt... i geuss i'm a funny lookin whiteboi... not many people have ever told me i'm funny lookin.. but hey whatever.. have a happy happy namsayin
Old 03-12-06, 11:16 AM   #15
Compose

IP: 8985 D522

Mainstream is killing Hip Hop, Underground is making it flourish, but without publicity...underground wont be able to save Hip Hop and it WILL die when the new generation comes in and likes this south, raggaeton, wack r & b shit, its just how shit works the older generation dies and brings what they lived to the grave with them.

http://www.handworksgifts.com/Byers...l%20Man512M.JPG

^That was a lifestyle in how they dressed, talked, acted, etc., do you see them around anymore?
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus