RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-05, 06:00 PM   #1
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
"Girlfriends".

IP: 67A8 5417

I just found out today that this witty and real-world-funny show reached syndication. This is essentially a dream come true in the entertainment world, because that means a new station wants to air the show - which means you get residual checks for the entire length of time that this show is aired - YEARS! And all this from a show that was essentially a long shot with a lot of underground roots. "Girlfriends" got picked up by Kelsy Grammer of Cheers and Kramer fame and exec produced it so it's got a very clean and high-end feel to the sets, atmosphere, etc. Actually, now that I think about it, it's the only black targeted show that wasn't "ghettoized" or otherwise put in a "ghetto" environment with the exception of Bernie Mac and about two others ever. What did it get as a result? It's the only show in it's segment to EVER to beat seinfelds ratings average per week although it went unnoticed in a list of "top three shows you frequently watch" which is like an underground emcee still going Diamond on an indy label. The show still airs on it's home station UPN, so they're collecting two checks for performing one show. I like the sound of that! Congrats!

I gotta give credit to anyone who achieved amazing accolades in the face of adversity AND did it through positive means. Especially when they're making money in a way that the music industry simply can't duplicate ('syndication'). Bravo!

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Last edited by Apexx : 10-14-05 at 06:04 PM.
Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-05, 06:12 PM   #2
noname
Coming to Kill you All

Text Record: 43-20
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 3363 E6E4

That shit gay..
Send a message via AIM to noname   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-05, 06:14 PM   #3
Conceptions
This is my first post!

Text Record: 7-2
IP: 57C2 F70D

I second That Notion ......................................

Send a message via AIM to Conceptions Send a message via Yahoo to Conceptions   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-05, 06:17 PM   #4
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 0825 899A

I like the show. CAuse idiots hate it so much. And plus its intellegent and realistic.
Old 10-14-05, 06:18 PM   #5
Pop Lotty
Get Soul Clapped, E-Style!

Text Record: 15-21
IP: B73C 3D1E

Syndications means re-runs on diff channels? OHHHH...

Pop Lotty, NiggaGet SoulClapped....E-Style!!!

A
Send a message via AIM to Pop Lotty   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-05, 06:28 PM   #6
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 67A8 5417

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Indeph-
I like the show. CAuse idiots hate it so much. And plus its intellegent and realistic.

exactly. It's both an idiot filter AND highly entertaining. It came on as I was finishing this. Ahhh... Really is a good show and dosen't feel like 'junkfood TV'. And that Lynn isn't so bad either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop Lotty
Syndications means re-runs on diff channels? OHHHH...

oh yeah man.

Oh P.S., you ever post that track you wanted me to check? PM me or IM me. 1

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-05, 06:56 PM   #7
L. Veracity
You Cant Handle The Truth

Audio Record: 0-2
IP: 194E 49A1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
It's the only show in it's segment to EVER to beat Seinfelds ratings average per week although it went unnoticed in a list of "top three shows you frequently watch" which is like an underground emcee still going Diamond on an indy label.

never knew that...this show is definetly under-rated...one of those shows that's DEFINETLY un-noticed...ya'll need to quit hating on this show and realiZe it's one of the FEW shows that portays black people (women especially) in a role outside of being the typical hood rat...yes, they prolly do sleep with way too many guys, but they do portray how some black women actually are for real, havingat least somewhat successful careers, the problems they face with men, amongst themselves are friends and their families...

as black people we should applaud UPN for being one of the only networks on television today that will take chances with an all black cast on a show...not saying "who cares" or "this show's wack"...applaud the fact that they've made it to sindication, that's a HUGE achievement for a show like this that really hasn't been on the air THAT long...

quit being negative...ya'll will be the same people complaining when every black person on a show is a drug dealer or a crack whore but don't cut for shows like this that depict black people (especially women) in a positive light...you simple-minded people sicken me *smh*

^ WE - RAWWCAST - 24/7 ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artik Phrost
LV - real talk as usual..dope shit
you're like the best story teller over a beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseOne
my whole album is inspired by you LV.
thats how i got this classic album.

Last edited by L. Veracity : 10-14-05 at 07:04 PM.
Send a message via AIM to L. Veracity Send a message via MSN to L. Veracity Send a message via Yahoo to L. Veracity   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-05, 06:59 PM   #8
Conceptions
This is my first post!

Text Record: 7-2
IP: 57C2 F70D

Wow You people surely o be havin a mouthful to say

Send a message via AIM to Conceptions Send a message via Yahoo to Conceptions   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-05, 07:08 PM   #9
L. Veracity

yeah, I got a lot to say when people can't respect the fact that somebody else has reached a position that many of the "good" shows on TV that get high ratings never reach...they got sindication which isn't eXactly the "norm" for a show with a black cast...

and if you look it up, Girlfriends, Moesha and The Parkers are (I believe) the only, or among few, shows that started on UPN and went into sindication...and even then, they're only in sindication on BET, which is a black network...so if Girlfriends got sindication on a network besides BET, that's even more of an accomplishment for them and more good to add onto each of their resume'

^ WE - RAWWCAST - 24/7 ^

Quote:

Quote:
Send a message via AIM to L. Veracity Send a message via MSN to L. Veracity Send a message via Yahoo to L. Veracity   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-05, 07:52 PM   #10
Pop Lotty
Get Soul Clapped, E-Style!

Text Record: 15-21
IP: B73C 3D1E

^ moesha went in to syndication on The-N.

FRESH PRINCE IS STILL THE BEST SYNDACATED/SHOW EVER.

Pop Lotty, NiggaGet SoulClapped....E-Style!!!

A
Send a message via AIM to Pop Lotty   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-05, 08:02 PM   #11
L. Veracity

^ hellz yes my dude...that's one of the best TV shows ever in my opinion...another show that depicted black people in a positive light...

^ WE - RAWWCAST - 24/7 ^

Quote:

Quote:
Old 10-14-05, 08:03 PM   #12
Young_law
This Is My City

Audio Record: 0-0
IP: C9C1 6580

yea fresh aint no show gon top fresh prince its da shyt...but yea i watch girlfriends shyts tight