RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Museum
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-08, 10:14 AM   #1
King Solo
Skadoosh!

What You Need To Know

IP: 2BA6 1F0F

What is The Museum exactly?
To answer that question in short, it is a forum dedicated to showcasing the sites history. RapVerse has been a valid site for over 4 years now, even longer if you count the ReLaunched days. Seeing as though most folk know the site as RapVerse, I will probably focus on that aspect of the sites history rather than delving into the ReLaunched era.

Is this basically another Hall of Fame?
In a manner of speaking YES and NO. It will most definitely be showcasing the best stuff this site has produced, but it is not limited to such. If you go over to bragginwrites and peruse the Archives forum, it is going to be similar to that whilst also being better. Make no mistake, if you are some dick who has contributed jack to this site but beef and useless freeposts then you more than likely won’t find yourself or anything you’ve done in here. But, say you were considered a weak battler and still you have kept with it and battled hard; regardless of whether you won 1 and lost 20 you can still have a spot in here showing your dedication. It is simply that, any good or memorable contribution you have made to the site is worthy of getting a mention here… unless of course it was like one weak open mic and then you left for good.

How do you get your name into The Museum?
I have been a member of this site since ReLaunched, so therefore I have been here all throughout the RapVerse era. If I know you, or what you’ve done; and a lot of you I do know or have seen your contributions, I will eventually get around to putting you in automatically. If you are a dude I am not familiar with – maybe you joined up during my months away from this site – if that is the case and you want to be in here, then just hit me with a PM giving me a valid reason why I should put you up. If you have made a genuine contribution, even if it is just a series of average Open Mics, I will drop your name up in here and speak of your stuff. However, don’t expect everyone to get a glowing thread because not everyone has made incredible contributions to this site.

How do you get a battle into The Museum?
The same process applies. I will add stuff I am familiar with. This process will require some assistance from outside sources. In regards to text battles I have a pretty solid idea of what is good and what isn’t. I will still look to outside input from guys I know though. In regards to Topical Battles, I know some of the best topical heads on here and I can look to them for advice, and with Audio Battles, the same applies. The Battle Wall will ONLY show off the best stuff, otherwise it would just be YET ANOTHER battle archives forum. We already have one of those.

What is The Gallery?
This is something that will showcase anything that isn’t a battle, yet still shows off the members talent. It can be a song, an open mic, a piece of poetry or even a person’s graphics. Again, I will be looking to outside advice for what goes in here from people I trust to give me an unbiased opinion and who know what is good and what is ass. No voting council because that is too long winded and it didn’t work at all last time.

What is Pieces of History?
This is something new that I haven’t seen on any other site. I haven’t been on them all exploring so I can’t be 100% sure it hasn’t been done. It will basically include anything memorable that doesn’t fall in the other categories. It could be a thread to show appreciation to a solid running league like the LBL, or the appreciation of an active forum like the Lyricist Lounge. Or some of the more notable creations on this site, such as The Cerebral Approach forum. I am also going to include a “Catchphrases & Memorable Quotes” thread, which will be constantly updated with exactly what it says, Memorable Quotes and Catchphrases that members have coined. *eats cookie* anybody.

Any Other Questions?
If you have anything else to ask then just hit me up with a PM. It just makes it easier for me to go through them all, rather than having a thread for it that would more than likely turn into a chat thread.