RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-06, 11:52 PM   #1
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
Aint that a mother fucker....

IP: 1F98 D349

A Michigan judge issued an arrest warrant for D12 member Swift on Wednesday after the rapper missed a court appearance to attend the funeral for Proof. According to The Associated Press, Swift (born Ondre Moore), was scheduled to appear in court Wednesday for a hearing to decide whether he violated the terms of his probation stemming from a drunken-driving case.

The Detroit Free Press reported that Swift pleaded guilty to operating a vehicle while visibly impaired on October 17 of last year, a misdemeanor punishable by up to three months in jail. That same day, Judge Brian MacKenzie said, Swift tested positive for using illegal drugs and was sent to jail for two days. Ten days later, Swift was sentenced to two years probation and ordered to do 50 hours of community service, attend Alcoholics Anonymous and stay away from drugs and alcohol, the paper said. But in March, Swift tested positive for alcohol and was sentenced to a week in jail. Last week, Judge MacKenzie said Swift tested positive for alcohol again, which triggered the hearing.

Swift missed his the court date because he served as an honorary pallbearer at the funeral for Proof (see "Eminem, Obie Trice Speak At Packed Funeral For Proof"), who was shot and killed at the CCC Club in Detroit on April 11 (see "D12's Proof Shot And Killed At Detroit Club").

Judge MacKenzie said he waited until 4:15 p.m. to give Swift, 31 a chance to show up. When he didn't, MacKenzie issued a bench warrant for the rapper's arrest and set his bail at $500,000. "While I recognize the importance of attending a funeral ... there is a requirement that you make some effort to comply with a court order," the judge said, according to the AP.

Swift could face more than three months in jail if MacKenzie finds that he violated his probation. A spokesperson for Swift could not be reached for comment at press time.
Old 04-27-06, 11:53 PM   #2
Unfulfilled
Middle Weight

IP: 344B 675C

That really is a mother fucka.....dammmmmmnnnn~!

It's hard being beautiful
but some one has to do it

Send a message via Yahoo to Unfulfilled   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 08:33 PM   #3
Paper View
Motivation=Money

Text Record: 1-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 4459 3A56

MAn thats bullshit. Drinking blown way the fuck out off proportion

R.i.P. PROOF

DRAINED EMOTIONS

MY CONFESSION

^PEEP AND I'LL RTF^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Dolla
*tears up* You bastard you unlocked some of my deepest feelings with this OM. But on the real thats real. I was really feeling this OM cuz i can relate to it.

^^^My OM is that dope^^^
Old 04-28-06, 08:34 PM   #4
AutoMATIK™
... focus

IP: 25CE F1CC

http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=227237

That shit sucks tho ...
The government is bullshit

RIP - Proof
Old 04-28-06, 08:42 PM   #5
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 64CA 6C26

He missed a court appearance. The Law stops because someone dies?

Swift did the right thing. But, his ass gonna pay for it.

Nuff said.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 11:06 PM   #6
Mentor
a.k.a prozak

Text Record: 6-11
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 0646 A8AC

the judge should of atleast understood what swift's purpose was...displine is ta keep u in line and swift was in line it not like he went to his best friends funeral just ta dodge the court what the hell...they're basically saying swifty is getting 3 months in jail for going to his best friends funeral..thats real fucked up...displine really aint necassary for this situation
Send a message via AIM to Mentor Send a message via MSN to Mentor   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 11:09 PM   #7
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 64CA 6C26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algebra
the judge should of atleast understood what swift's purpose was...displine is ta keep u in line and swift was in line it not like he went to his best friends funeral just ta dodge the court what the hell...they're basically saying swifty is getting 3 months in jail for going to his best friends funeral..thats real fucked up...displine really aint necassary for this situation

^^Yea it is...cuz, that would be another example of how celebrities get away with murder--no pun. If Swift and proof weren't famous, and were just home boys from the hood, do you think the judge would or should give a shit that his friend's funeral was on the day he was to be in court? Hell no. And, neither should he. The judge was right. Swift was right. It just so happens the judge has the right to invoke the law. What's next? Skipping court appearances to go to weddings? Barmitzvahs?

eh eh

Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote