RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-06, 08:14 AM   #16
C-Explicit
ILL-INTENTIONZ

IP: F6F5 68F6

You play college hockey.... in which loop? what division?

Ive been givin 3 full ride schollys to Boston College, Quinnipiac, and Babson College.
My rights belong to the Barrie Colts of the OHL and the Soiux City Musketeers of the USHL.

College hockey < OHL / QMJHL / USHL / WHL

The Canadian hockey player argument, although not an argument is a true fact. Look at the market saturation of teams... where do the majority of the teams reside??? Its also been a proven fact, the Top 50 Hockey Players of ALL-TIME, only I beleive 3 out of the entire 50 players are not Canadian.... you said you play college hockey, look at some of the better teams, and where their players come from... University of Wisconsin, they have been offereing everything they can to get a couple players for their roster, one from the USHL, and majority from the OPJHL, Look up Sam Gagner... look up esposito, coutoure, tavares, all top canadian players playing in top level junior leagues, all pretty much going to be drafted in the first round of the NHL draft, (tavares is elibible 2009) you must be pretty level headed to think that it means because more canadians are on one team results in people being sore losers... face facts, more canadians played on Carolina than Edmonton... never said thats why they won.. and once again you show your level-headedness, as what other sport do Canadians have a huge influence on... cant really pick NFL, or MLB, not even NBA... the NHL is where canadian saturation of the sports entertainment market occurs... though you would realize that before you post wouldnt you......

anyways what college team do you play for... D1 / D3? and what do you play...
Old 12-05-06, 09:19 AM   #17
L.E
L.E

IP: A70E 7938

Old 12-05-06, 03:10 PM   #18
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 5A36 D0C3

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Explicit
You play college hockey.... in which loop? what division?

Ive been givin 3 full ride schollys to Boston College, Quinnipiac, and Babson College.
My rights belong to the Barrie Colts of the OHL and the Soiux City Musketeers of the USHL.

College hockey < OHL / QMJHL / USHL / WHL

The Canadian hockey player argument, although not an argument is a true fact. Look at the market saturation of teams... where do the majority of the teams reside??? Its also been a proven fact, the Top 50 Hockey Players of ALL-TIME, only I beleive 3 out of the entire 50 players are not Canadian.... you said you play college hockey, look at some of the better teams, and where their players come from... University of Wisconsin, they have been offereing everything they can to get a couple players for their roster, one from the USHL, and majority from the OPJHL, Look up Sam Gagner... look up esposito, coutoure, tavares, all top canadian players playing in top level junior leagues, all pretty much going to be drafted in the first round of the NHL draft, (tavares is elibible 2009) you must be pretty level headed to think that it means because more canadians are on one team results in people being sore losers... face facts, more canadians played on Carolina than Edmonton... never said thats why they won.. and once again you show your level-headedness, as what other sport do Canadians have a huge influence on... cant really pick NFL, or MLB, not even NBA... the NHL is where canadian saturation of the sports entertainment market occurs... though you would realize that before you post wouldnt you......

anyways what college team do you play for... D1 / D3? and what do you play...

no, i didnt realize that there were alot of Canadians in the NHL
lol, of course there are, but i'm just saying that you root for your local team, and some sore losers from Canada are like "uh uh, but but... they came from here!"... and thats some bull.

and i go to UNC, its D1 but not sponsored by the NCAA (neither is any other school in the South), we play in the ACCHL. i realize its not Boston College or anything like that, but thats not the point... i wasnt trying to prove that i'm a better player than anybody else here, just that i'm not a random hockey fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.E

uhhh, yes i am in college?? lol, you can ask anybody who knows me off of this site, and that picture was actually taken in my dorm room lol. and i play Right Wing, but i also play goalie off and on and you can actually see my goalie stick in that picture you attached

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 12-05-06, 05:49 PM   #19
C-Explicit
ILL-INTENTIONZ

How do you guys compare to the other divisions in the states? I didnt think UNC even had a hockey team.. thats fucked up.. is it like UCLA with the 1:45 am praccy's and shit cuz thats when the ice is the best haha..

If you got the skills transfer to a Mass school or somethin more northern, you'll get more exposure and shit.. definite benefit..

Did you play any Jr hockey or prep school hockey??

Pretty cool tho atleast I know someone else plays puck here tho... you on gongshowhockey or nah?
Old 12-05-06, 09:53 PM   #20
Blay'all

^ nah man haha, i mean its competetive of course, its college hockey... but around here inline hockey leagues are actually more competitive... thats what i play for right now, we play in the SECRHL (Southeastern Collegiate Roller Hockey League) for UNC, but i know most of the dudes on the ice team and i could play if i wanted to, but just like you said, the practice times suck ass and its not nearly as big of a market in this area as inline hockey, so it isnt as competitive.

Old 12-05-06, 11:35 PM   #21
L.E
L.E

IP: A70E 7938

3-0 Calgary???

Damn. The Hurricanes sure didn't look like Stanley Cup Champs tonight lol.
Old 12-06-06, 01:10 AM   #22
C-Explicit
ILL-INTENTIONZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blay LeDeux
^ nah man haha, i mean its competetive of course, its college hockey... but around here inline hockey leagues are actually more competitive... thats what i play for right now, we play in the SECRHL (Southeastern Collegiate Roller Hockey League) for UNC, but i know most of the dudes on the ice team and i could play if i wanted to, but just like you said, the practice times suck ass and its not nearly as big of a market in this area as inline hockey, so it isnt as competitive.

Aww tru and here I was thinkin... "Dope.. another hockey head" but you had to throw on the fruitboots.. hahah.. not gonna lie rollerhockey is pretty good.. I played Jr A back when I was 16.. definitely a good summer thing.. but when you got snow and ice.. why wouldnt you play hockey..

Do you play on that sportcourt shit? or just arena floor... I always found that sportcourt tiles were fuckin sick as hell when playing cuz u never hit a dusty or slippery part on the floor..
Old 12-06-06, 01:29 AM   #23
Blay'all

^ oh yeahhh, we play on full ice-sized sportcourt, with the NHL certified boards and glass and everything, its just like ice hockey except on sportcourt instead of ice. and inline hockey is REALLY taking off in the South, the competition is crazy.

and you do have another hockey head

Old 12-06-06, 12:20 PM   #24
C-Explicit
ILL-INTENTIONZ

do you gotta tape ur sticks leaving like a half inch or something untaped at the bottom??? I remember that was a NARCH wide rule when I played...
Old 12-06-06, 03:00 PM   #25
Blay'all

^ oh shit, you know about NARCH? haha... but nah, the SECRHL is under USA Hockey, so we play by USA Hockey, and thats not a USA Hockey rule... they just made a new rule this year that we gotta use white tape though, probly for the same reason (not to mark up the floors), which i think is stupid.

Old 12-06-06, 03:53 PM   #26
C-Explicit
ILL-INTENTIONZ

Yeah... I went to Narch with my team.. it was good shit... Oakville Coyotes... definitely a team to beat, comprised of Jr A ice hockey players :-) haha... They had that liquid tape too.. that you basically paint on your stick.. i think its PUCKHOG or something.... thats oldschool shit..
Old 12-06-06, 03:57 PM   #27
Blay'all

^ haha hell yeah...