RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-05, 10:26 PM   #1
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
True Tragedy: Net-cee's thinking their MC's...which are you?

IP: 26A5 1505

yeah man, a shitload of ylal are gonna get offended by this, but's it's true. I tell you because I'm doomsday..and you need help. Call this an intervetntion.

A Netcee puts out an album or a mixtape and AAAAAAALLLLLLLL their collabs are net heads. The quality on the verses be different as hell since them shits ain't recorded under the same roof and the quality control is who knows what.

An MC puts out a CD, mixape or album, and the collabs are all LIVE people that they know, meet, spit with, hang out with, etc. People they can do live shows with if needed. This all means they actaully rap in person and around other people who rap. Big difference right?

Sorry to break the news to you mang...Not a problem some substance abuse cna't fix.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-05, 10:28 PM   #2
Lay-z
HAHAHAHAH!..i onno

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 5-2
IP: 1D2D 3134

Well, Put..that is why i dont do Net Audio..

GFX Record
52-8-39KO

Send a message via AIM to Lay-z   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-05, 10:29 PM   #3
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 5285 DC82

*feels safe that his mixtape is all his locals and not one net head on it*

Im not even going to distibute my mixtape on the net,thats not my main focus.
Old 08-24-05, 10:31 PM   #4
leady
Addicted

Text Record: 1-1
IP: E848 A322

every1 i spit wit is ppl i know and perform wit etc
Old 08-24-05, 10:36 PM   #5
Ktrini.
Flyweight

Text Record: 1-0
IP: 07BF A7EC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday
yeah man, a shitload of ylal are gonna get offended by this, but's it's true. I tell you because I'm doomsday..and you need help. Call this an intervetntion.

A Netcee puts out an album or a mixtape and AAAAAAALLLLLLLL their collabs are net heads. The quality on the verses be different as hell since them shits ain't recorded under the same roof and the quality control is who knows what.

An MC puts out a CD, mixape or album, and the collabs are all LIVE people that they know, meet, spit with, hang out with, etc. People they can do live shows with if needed. This all means they actaully rap in person and around other people who rap. Big difference right?

Sorry to break the news to you mang...Not a problem some substance abuse cna't fix.

I fail to see how someone'd here feel offended.This post wasn't exaclty malicious.But I comprehend the message you're get through here....but it ain't effecient enough.Now you say a netcee puts out shit with other netcees..and an MC puts out their shit with people LIve.But it's clear to me your tryna make it seem like..just becuz there with another netcee who they don't see or hangout with in real life..that there shit is gonna be bad automatically.Isn't it possible for 2 netcee's to interact and make quality music?There is an advantage to seeing the other person in real life...but not as big as your tryna make it seem.

.But then again...I never collab with anyone on the net...but still...LOL
Send a message via AIM to Ktrini.   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-05, 10:37 PM   #6
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: D6FD 8B82

Yeah I do collabs with people in real life.... Cept OMB whos in sydney at the moment, but hes comming up here at the end of the year so we can start taking over the aussie industry..

I just met some dude last night who is a pretty sick rapper, signed and got his cd out... So after I show him some tracks I recon collabs will prolly be the go.. But yeah man, I'ma emcee.. I hardly even drop on the net and mostly people here my shit when its performed live cause the cd aint done and pressed yet..
Old 08-24-05, 10:40 PM   #7
leady
Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by *.Fame.*
I fail to see how someone'd here feel offended.This post wasn't exaclty malicious.But I comprehend the message you're get through here....but it ain't effecient enough.Now you say a netcee puts out shit with other netcees..and an MC puts out their shit with people LIve.But it's clear to me your tryna make it seem like..just becuz there with another netcee who they don't see or hangout with in real life..that there shit is gonna be bad automatically.Isn't it possible for 2 netcee's to interact and make quality music?There is an advantage to seeing the other person in real life...but not as big as your tryna make it seem.

actually most industry collabs are done wen da 2 parties never meet up.. a few been like.. yea send dis ovger to so n so.. so n so be like yea im feelin dis lemme finish it up....
Old 08-24-05, 10:43 PM   #8
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:

I actually recon its kind of weak to just do collabs with a bunch of people over the net... Like you remember when 20 grand put out his mixtape and every collab on it was with members of RV? I had to have a little chuckle at that mybad..

Its possable to make good music ofcourse, but when you put out a cd and you want to work on a set... Its impossable to perform your shit when half the people on the collab are in a different state and cant get over to you.. You would basically have to cross out a bunch of your tracks..

But then again, most net cee's dont actually know what their doing and they just put out cd's because its fun and they would know jack shit about how to promote it properly, how to turn it into a good sounding show and how to present themselves to record exec's..

Thats why they think its alright to do a bunch of collabs with friends over the net.. One or two is fine, but if you got nothing with people in real life... You got no hope..
Old 08-24-05, 10:47 PM   #9
leady
Addicted

99% of dese kids dnt perform live anyway so it dnt matter lol....
Old 08-24-05, 10:48 PM   #10
leady
Addicted

i mean look at omen askin RV for advice on performin live LMFAO wtf kinda shit is dat
Old 08-24-05, 10:49 PM   #11
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 26A5 1505

Quote:

Nah, dont' get it fucked up, I'm not saying net albums lack quality. But you listen to one and tell me how many different mics you hear in the sauce. A computer mic here and a condenser there, shit be rugged as hell. It's gonna be more than likely to have shakey quality than it is to have consistent qual mang. Facta life

PS, I put out tracks and collab with dudes who are on the net, but the amount of em that'll see my albums or mixtapes? 0. That qual control is a big reason why. Besides that, I jsut practice and test here, not put in work here. Closest anyone came was N (because he could actually meet up and do shows) and I scrapped that track before it was even done. shit just wasn't going back and fourth well A-Tall. But jeah. That's my long and short of it.

But Leady, there's a BIG differnce between an industry collab and a sub underground collab.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-05, 10:50 PM   #12
Ktrini.
Flyweight

Text Record: 1-0
IP: 07BF A7EC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
I actually recon its kind of weak to just do collabs with a bunch of people over the net... Like you remember when 20 grand put out his mixtape and every collab on it was with members of RV? I had to have a little chuckle at that mybad..

Its possable to make good music ofcourse, but when you put out a cd and you want to work on a set... Its impossable to perform your shit when half the people on the collab are in a different state and cant get over to you.. You would basically have to cross out a bunch of your tracks..

But then again, most net cee's dont actually know what their doing and they just put out cd's because its fun and they would know jack shit about how to promote it properly, how to turn it into a good sounding show and how to present themselves to record exec's..

Thats why they think its alright to do a bunch of collabs with friends over the net.. One or two is fine, but if you got nothing with people in real life... You got no hope..

Well...i agree with the performing part.But when someone colabs n makes a song on the net...obviously they'll know it's not something that they can perform in real life n shit.I disagree with the part about most netcee's do they shit just to put out CD's for fun.I think most on this site,are around 13-16 yrs old....which is a young age and hard to makes moves in the industry with.They'll just do it for practice so they can get expereince with making music.You know..like how to flow to a beat n shit.I doubt a 15 year old,living in his mother's house n shit,would make music here in hopes of it gettin him signed or sumtin.So I don't think they need to know "jack shit" about promoting music yet.Cuz I don't think labels would even take em seriously at that age.
Send a message via AIM to Ktrini.   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-05, 10:52 PM   #13
..ADLIB..
Better than you..

IP: 01C3 560C

I'm real. Nos and I alway's kickin drunken freestyle's and starting to do more collabs again.

And OI Nos whose this cat your talking about who you met last night? Is he local?

Spit it from the heart, spit a thousand darts, split ya head apart…
Emcees depart, like rubin carter my hurricane left u scarred…
Like a spiked bat grammatical bar, like a wonderland drug…
Tumble - ing like a flagon of rum and 2 blunts, like the funk baby…
Send a message via AIM to ..ADLIB.. Send a message via MSN to ..ADLIB..   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-05, 10:53 PM   #14
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
Well...i agree with the performing part.But when someone colabs n makes a song on the net...obviously they'll know it's not something that they can perform in real life n shit.I disagree with the part about most netcee's do they shit just to put out CD's for fun.I think most on this site,are around 13-16 yrs old....which is a young age and hard to makes moves in the industry with.They'll just do it for practice so they can get expereince with making music.You know..like how to flow to a beat n shit.I doubt a 15 year old,living in his mother's house n shit,would make music here in hopes of it gettin him signed or sumtin.So I don't think they need to know "jack shit" about promoting music yet.Cuz I don't think labels would even take em seriously.

Yeah thats true definatly..

Thats where I get the net mixed up a bit, I expect too much from people..
Old 08-24-05, 10:54 PM   #15
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Drastic
I'm real. Nos and I alway's kickin drunken freestyle's and starting to do more collabs again.

And OI Nos whose this cat your talking about who you met last night? Is he local?

Nah hes from adalaide.. One sec I'll get his mp3 site.. Dudes pretty underground, maybe too underground for me, but he can hold his own with multis n all that..