RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Gimmick Battle Association
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-07, 08:11 PM   #1
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

GBA Mag: March Madness Week

IP: 2AC9 5FB1

Intro

Well, last week was a pretty good week, easily the best the GBA has seen so far. 22/26 people showed up for their battles, voting was active, and the GBA was showing signs of life and growth. I would still like to see more quality in the battles going on, but its improving. Here’s what went down.

Last Weeks Battle Reviews

1. DaTrusHurtz (7-0) vs. 2. Alphabetized (3-0)

This battle was alright, but definitely not championship material. Trus dropped first and dropped a very average verse against BC. It had lots of personals and some decent lines, but nothing amazing. Alpha really wasn’t feelin’ this battle and didn’t drop anything all that quotable. Trus won 7-0

3. §howcase (6-1) vs. 4. Trey MethodZ (2-1)

Trey MethodZ no-showed so §howcase won.

5. Wireless (4-3) vs. 6. tiggobitties (2-1)

This battle wasn’t all that great. Wireless had a few personals on Vanderbilt which were decent, but the verse was inconsistent. Tiggo came pretty weak with a structure that was hard to follow and shaky punches. He had a nice Tennessee football diss, but that was about it. Wireless won 4-0.

7. Civilized Gangsta (1-1) vs. 8. Dao (1-0)

Another fairly shaky battle. Dao struggled to land solid personals on Dao’s Stanford Cardinal. Civilized didn’t come much better, but was more consistent and came more personal than Dao. Civilized Gangsta won 6-0.

9. Tony Brown (5-2) vs. 10. Ancel (3-2)

This battle wasn’t bad. It was short, but both had at least 1 solid quotable and some other decent lines in there. I voted for Tony, though I think it really could have gone either way. The voting indicated the closeness of the battle as Tony escaped with a 3-2 win.

11. Sonny Dimebags (1-0) vs. 12. Bobericc_Lyrics (3-2)

Sonny Dimebags no-showed so Bobericc_Lyrics won

13. Axeshun (1-0) vs. 14. Uncil Phil (2-1)

Uncil Phil no-showed so Axeshun won

15. Prosecuter (3-2) vs. 16. Prycele$$ (2-2)

Prosecuter no-showed so Prycele$$ won

17. Popcorn (1-2) vs. 18. GC (1-3)

This battle had a few good lines in it, but it read like neither battler really tried too hard. In the end, Popcorn came much more personal, had more quotables, and by consensus, had a much better verse. Popcorn won 7-0.

19. Out Writechas (0-1) vs. 20. Tebo (0-1)

This wasn’t even close. Tebo dropped early and didn’t spend enough time crafting out a good verse. His verse was very generic and with the exception of a few lines, it could have applied to anyone. Out Writechas came pretty decent with some solid quotables and wrote a pretty consistent 16. He won 5-1.

21. Grams (0-0) vs. 22. DiZzy (0-0)

Grams dropped 24 lines and proclaimed he had verse of the week. I couldn’t find 1 quotable, though, lol. His verse was very personal, but stated all his personals too bladly without any wit and it showed. DiZzy really surprised me, he came really nice as I thought he was a newb when he signed up. Some of his disses were more about Grams than Butler, but he was real consistent and creative and got this easy 4-0.

23. Professor (0-0) vs. 24. Titan (0-0)

Titan’s verse was pretty average. A few okay lines, but nothing really that stood out. Professor came kind of bland and not really personal enough about Virginia Tech. Only thing interested was that a couple of voters quoted a throw up enough bricks/build house line. Are you guys fucking serious? Titan ended up winning 8-0.

25. Ventice (0-0) vs. 26. Zelph (0-0)

This was probably the worst battle of the week. Ventice is apparently new to rap and isn’t quite ready for a serious league. His verse looked really newbish and lacked in punches. Zelph had a Louisville slugger line that was aight, but not much else. He got this pretty easy, though. Zelph won 5-0, but only voted on 1 battle and lost 6 votes. Ventice voted on all 4 so due to not voting, Ventice won.

Battle of the Week

No battle was truly worthy of battle of the week. The top 3 verses this week were all wasted against opponent’s who didn’t show up. This battle was short, but it wasn’t bad.

Ancel (As Michigan St. dissing Maryland)

Smh, Maryland ain't big time, suggestion they stop actin like heroes
Last time they MT'd the arsenal, only their scoreboard read zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone
nooooo, i wanted north carolina

Man we know who you look up to, in this it should involve no cussing right?
'Cause you'd need a holy union to be them.....Like Jesus fucking christ
We hear ya'll speaking on dopeness, man your type of sick gves me a fever
Dude we can all get to the top ten, but neither you or the team wins shit there either
And it sucks for you to get splintered, but you talk shit everywhere ive entered
ehh...tonys bodies like his bball team, you really cant see over the center
But your team isn't that bad, but they ain't hood either as a mtter of fact
so don't fuck with gunplay, or the mascot won't be the only one with a shell on their back

Tony Brown (As Maryland dissing Michigan St.)

Ya shot percentage is disgraceful, outta 15 u prolly miss 10
Yal niggas miss one, then put in a bench player to Michigan
I can tell, ya coach ain't psychologically sound
How u gon switch to a 3-2,
Not pressure the ball, then wonder y theres no rebounds?
But MD be on that shizzy, beatin us? pffttt, not a touch
Ya whole team went Sour, when ya Sweet 16 hopes got CRUSHED
No doubt yal fuckin suck, no surprise u ain't in the race
NC ran all over you bums....n left u fuckers blue in the face
Checked ya stats, shit's wack, fuck do we even call that?
Above the rim??
Yea right, ya coach's salary cap could barely afford hubcaps

Tony Brown won 3-2

Verse of the Week

Finally, the award doesn’t go to me this week. This week, a surprise member sneaked in and grabbed verse of the week.

DiZzy (dissing Butler)

id be out of my mind to call you or the team decent..
you made a sweet 16, but havent dropped 1 the whole season
one good year THATS all the success youve made?
imma sweep the floor with butler, like i wanted to take up your trade
and whyy represent them?,, personally I'd rather fly solo
but i guess u have to since they used your girls pic 4 the team logo
kansas sets standards thats why we gained respect..
with jumpshots at the bottom of the net,, kinda like where u rank in text
reporters said the team was fragile & soft in the paint..
word was you lacked-size,, n accordin to ya bitch u could always relate
horizon league champs.. hold on i got my praise earned up..
CONGRATULATIONS,, on champing a conference no1's even heard of
then you lost to the gators,, them niggas shitted
coach almost made u run suicides, im jus close to makin grams commit it
comin at me actin like your hard we know your just fakin..
fuckin pussys your school fight song shoulda been written by clay aiken

No-Show Shine

§howcase (dissing Georgetown)

Keyed, no-show verse.

Never make another championship, I’m wrecking your dream,
You’ll be mourning…and then even you’ll be going to the NBA and leaving the team.
I mean who wants to be a Hoya? They’re trash and take it up the butt,
They get no respect, so I’m not just taunting when I say “Hoya means what.”
They’re so shit, in 1984 was the last time they had a pass caught,
So thinking the Hoyas are good? That’s just bull, dog…like their shitty mascot.
Panthers will fuck you up, and then sell ya and whore ya,
And put you in a state of loss…like when Ohio beat you in Georgia.
You beat us in the 3rd match up, but that shit was rigged out dude,
You had the field advantage…since the madison gardens were as square as you.

Axeshun (dissing Texas Tech)

Yo the teams full of it yo and I aint gotta be sick by approach
Shit you should be worrying about being hit by your coach
Plus the last I check your rec sucks ass if you question me
& It don't take a history to show we whooped ur asses excessively
Be serious, cuz right now I'm not in the mood so I'll further denier
And your gay leadship is gettin old
So tell me Phil when is your coaches contract is gonna expire
I really don't to show your possibly one of the most prone bitches here
And I'll treat this like of Tech players, and post pone his career
So its w/e cuz I aint even come here for all the trash talk
Cuz the truth is...
The best player on ya team would have to be the mascot
So I'll say I'm keepin this plain and simple cuz it best fits ur style
Only thing your whole team is known for is Texas Tech..nical foul.

Prycele$$ dissing Memphis

lucky u memphis.. you should get a team jacket
cause only time ya bars goin up..
...is ya team's name on that bracket..
i show my sex skills and they show they temper
......so after battles..
they be only niggas down south wit a 6 - 9 record
shit ya teams pronunciation is jeopardy
u know team stupid if they callin they hometown ten-i-ki
ya the reason people say the NCAA is dead
and yall givin cripple kids that try bball spirit..
..cause they seein ya logo aint got no legs
but seriously you cant beat me son..
and memphis losin is old as hell.. can make oden look young

Top Punches

Some alright lines this week, but seriously nothing that made me laugh out loud. Be more creative guys!

chris?he's a verb.. we'll lofton yall's weak ass...
while vandy.. lofton.. s of fucking shots that never hit the glass

13. Wireless vs. Vanderbilt

Smh, Maryland ain't big time, suggestion they stop actin like heroes
Last time they MT'd the arsenal, only their scoreboard read zero

12. Ancel vs. Maryland

This tourney was craaaazy, every game had someone to prosper
In fact I only saw one Dud...
... and that's the overrated fag on your roster

11. DaTrusHurtz vs. Boston College

But MD be on that shizzy, beatin us? pffttt, not a touch
Ya whole team went Sour, when ya Sweet 16 hopes got CRUSHED

10. Tony Brown vs. Michigan State

Why do I got be lyin' for? Man seriously you full of luck, guys.
& yeah my punches fans of Ohio State, just watch as they proceed to Buck Eyes.

9. Popcorn vs. Ohio St

one good year THATS all the success youve made?
imma sweep the floor with butler, like i wanted to take up your trade

8. DiZzy vs. Butler

it's hopeless, and bein named after a disney team must really hurt, wow..
they were thinkin of makin D4 but even Emelio turned the shit down

7. Out Writechas vs. Oregon

then you lost to the gators,, them niggas shitted
coach almost made u run suicides, im jus close to makin grams commit it

6. DiZzy vs. Butler

Now, if I rated every school in the US, please don't hit me
But I'd rank this Boston College about oh, 5th best...
... in its own city!

5. DaTrusHurtz vs. Boston College

Panthers will fuck you up, and then sell ya and whore ya,
And put you in a state of loss…like when Ohio beat you in Georgia.

4. §howcase vs. Georgetown

the ducks are fuckin queers, so it's evident you'll be dead soon
cuz runnin the backdoor is for zone's, not in ya homie's bedroom

3. Out Writechas vs. Oregon

reporters said the team was fragile & soft in the paint..
word was you lacked-size,, n accordin to ya bitch u could always relate

2. DiZzy vs. Butler

We're a force you cant stop so of course you're goin down
But yall got a fighter's mentality
Sorta like Roy Jones' the way yall went down in the first 2 rounds

1. GC vs. Purdue

Bitch of the Week

Titan

Titan earns bitch of the week this week. Last week, he “voted” on 4 battles. The problem is, he didn’t really vote on 4 battles, he simply copy and pasted the vote above him and proclaimed that as his vote. Props to Tony Brown for catching him in the act. Seriously, if ur not going to vote honestly, then don’t vote.

Dumbass of the Week

Tebo and Zelph

Last week, Titan wrote the following bar:

just chill,sit back..and watch this ass woopen im givin
the wildcats throw up enough bricks....
...2 build a shelter for his homeless family to live in

That’s like the most played sports commentary saying there is relating to basketball. You can probably find it programmed into many video games. Tebo and Zelph get dumbass of the week for giving that line props. Come on guys, lol.

Mag Writer Needed

I’ll be honest, writing mags is my least favorite part of being the mod here. I only do this because I know the league needs it. I’m looking to hand off the mag writing job to someone else. Ancel and Prycele$$, I know you guys have been interested in helping out, maybe you guys want to work on it together? Anyone who is interested in doing this, let me know and I’ll get you started. Once someone has permanently taken the job over and is writing consistent mags (at least for 4 or 5 weeks), I’ll get you modded in here.

Last Week’s Good Voting Award

Popcorn

His votes were not the most detailed, all he left was quotables and a line or two about each battle, but he voted on every single battle. So, props to Popcorn for that!

GBA Voting Records

As you all may have seen, I have added a new thread to the History and Hall of Fame forum, GBA Voting Records. In this thread, I will be tallying how many votes every single member of this league has cast throughout their time in the league. If you aren’t voting, everyone can now see! I also have been keeping track of no-shows and all-time records. If you guys have any other ideas for records you would like me to keep over the week’s, let me know, and I might do it.

The Boot

Ventice

Ventice, I appreciate you checking out the league, dropping your verse and doing a good job voting. However, I think you need to elevate a bit more before you can really compete here. Practice in front lines and come back in a few months.

Almost Getting The Boot

Tiggobitties

Tiggo, I almost booted you last week, but decided to give you one more chance. I left you a lot of advice, as did others, in your last battle. Take some of that advice and concentrate on your verse this week. I’ll let you stay as long as you show improvement next week.

Welcome!

I’d like to welcome the following new members to the league!

Exist
Ghunz
Konflick
Mets
R. Christensen

I hope you guys enjoy the league. If you have any ideas, comments, or concerns, please let me know!

Power Rankings

10. Wireless (5-3) – Has potential, but not showing enough of it with his verses. Has a shot to get to the title, lets see if he puts forth his best effort.
9. Ancel (3-3) – Lost by 1 vote in a tough one to Tony Brown. Should be rising back up the rankings.
8. Out Writechas (1-1) – Had one of the best verses from last week. Will do well in the league, but has a tough match this week against DiZzy.
7. DiZzy (1-0) – Earned verse of the week last week. Has the potential to get to the title match if he keeps dropping nice.
6. Alphabetized (3-1) – Struggled last week against DaTrus, but was dropping nicely beforehand.
5. Popcorn (2-2) – Hasn’t put much effort into the league so far, but can drop nice and should move up the ranks if he starts trying harder.
4. Bobericc_Lyrics (4-2) – Earns a lofty ranking due to his league ranking. Will need to beat Tony Brown to prove he deserves this.
3. Tony Brown (6-2) – Squeeked by Ancel last week to move up the ranks. Should be back in the title match soon.
2. §howcase (7-1) – 5 of his 7 wins have come from no-show. Definitely not a fluke, though, as he would have won all those battles anyway. He’s got a shot at the title this week.
1. DaTrusHurtz (8-0) – Retained the title once again over Alphabetized. Has possibly his toughest defense coming up with §howcase this week.

Potentially Dope

Konflick – An old RB head using a different name. Hasn’t written in a long time so will likely be very rusty, but used to be decent.
Mets – Former champ of just about every respected league on the net. If he stays with the league, very likely he’ll champ this one, too.
R. Christensen – Dope RB head. He will do well in the league as long as he votes and doesn’t take some of these younger kids for granted.
Roger Glocks – Rising star in text. Has champed a bunch of leagues and is very talented. Another serious title threat if he doesn’t get distracted.

Predictions

1. DaTrusHurtz (8-0) vs. 2. §howcase (7-1)

I handed §howcase his only loss in the league, but this time could be different, who knows. Should be a good match. Good Luck.

3. Wireless (5-3) vs. 4. Civilized Gangsta (2-1)

Honestly don’t believe either of these people are quite deserving a contendership match, but props to both of them for making it. Depends on who tries harder really, but I’m going with Wireless.

5. Tony Brown (6-2) vs. 6. Bobericc_Lyrics (4-2)

Bob could take this one if he really puts his all into it, but Tony’s been texting for longer and is a bit better than Bob. I got Tony winning here.

7. Axeshun (2-0) vs. 8. Prycele$$ (3-2)

Both are still elevating at their text game. Two very different styles as Axeshun has a very simple text style that needs more creativity and Prcyele$$ has the creativity, but more of an audio style that needs to be adapted to text. I’ll go with Prycele$$ here.

9. Alphabetized (3-1) vs. 10. Popcorn (2-2)

Pretty even matchup right here between 2 heads from different sites. Popcorn is probably more talented, but more likely to slack off. He told me he’s gonna get serious, soon, though. If that’s the case, I got Popcorn here.

11. Out Writechas (1-1) vs. 12. DiZzy (1-0)

With the possible exception of the champ match, there’s a good chance this will be battle of the week. These two had the two best verses last week so this match should be good. Even though DiZzy got verse of the week last week, I’m going with Out Writechas here.

13. Titan (1-0) vs. 14. Area51 (1-0)

Pretty evenly matched battle here. Both are okay, though not quite dope, at least yet. I think Area51 is a bit more fully elevated and is more consistent with the concepts so I’m going with him.

15. tiggobitties (2-2) vs. 16. Dao (1-1)

Both of these guys need to step their game up a bit, especially tiggo who needs to show improvement this week or face the risk of being booted. Dao is a bit better so I’m going with him.

17. Ancel (3-3) vs. 18. GC (1-4)

Ancel suffered a tough loss last week, but that won’t bring him down. GC’s record is deceiving as it is more of a result of not trying hard enough. However, I don’t see him putting in enough effort to beat Ancel.

19. Tebo (0-2) vs. 20. Professor (0-1)

Two RB heads going at it. Professor has been on the scene much longer than Tebo, but hasn’t really elevated enough. Still, Tebo has struggled a bit in the league so far so I got Professor winning.

21. Zelph (0-1) vs. 22. Mets (0-0)

Zelph should actually be 1-0, but lost last week due to not voting. Either way, he’s no where even close to as talented as Mets so Mets should take this with zero effort.

23. Roger Glocks (0-0) vs. 24. Exist (0-0)

I don’t know who Exist is so I have no idea what to expect. Even if he’s a pretty dope alias, I don’t see him beating Glocks, Glocks to win.

25. R. Christensen (0-0) vs. 26. Konflick (0-0)

Konflick hasn’t battled in I believe over a year so I expect him to struggle a bit. R. Christensen is pretty good so I don’t see him losing this one.

27. Ghunz (0-0) vs. 28. Keyed (0-0)

Another match of 2 RB heads. I haven’t seen much from Ghunz to know if he’s any good. Keyed is okay, though needs to keep working on his game to get to the next level. Keyed will win, if he shows.

Outro

League’s picking up and I’m really excited. It looks like the hard work is paying off, but I’m going to keep working hard and telling as many people as I can about this league. Hopefully you all can also help spread the word. Take ur time on your verses this week, guys, and make ‘em good. Pz.
Old 04-06-07, 08:28 PM   #2
Prycele$$
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 0D13 32F2

Good mag.. me and Ancel should get things poppin
Old 04-06-07, 08:35 PM   #3
Popcorn.
Flyweight

Text Record: 2-0
IP: 225B 11A9

Yes. Indeed a very good job DaTrus. I enjoyed reading this as I did other ones. Keep this thing going strong. It really helps the league out.
Send a message via AIM to Popcorn.   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-07, 09:16 PM   #4
Mets
A!

IP: 36EE 87D7

nice mag man.

and i'll be in this league for awhile. i cant regular battle no more. its just too unoriginal now.
Old 04-06-07, 09:17 PM   #5
Heychoo
Middle Weight

IP: B75F 61F5

^ basically.. after my run in the LLL playoffs i'm gonna say bye bye to that and just do this and get back to topical and poetry..

being better than you @ life x9.
Old 04-06-07, 09:33 PM   #6
Out Writechas
Flyweight

IP: 7C87 B49F

dope mag yooooooooo
Old 04-06-07, 09:42 PM   #7
TonyTone
Fuck Parents

IP: 6D21 AB67

trus don't put konflick's alias out there lol and uhhh......battle of the week 2 weeks in a row wOot!

n damn, i sorta want showcase to win cuz if not, he's gonna be just like me w/ his only 2 losses to trus lol

....for life

Last edited by TonyTone : 04-06-07 at 10:14 PM.
Send a message via AIM to TonyTone   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-07, 10:31 PM   #8
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

well from that perspective, u should want him to lose

Cuz otherwise its embarassin' havin ur only 2 losses bein' to me. If he loses to me, then at least u got company n' u aint the only one.
Old 04-06-07, 10:47 PM   #9
TonyTone
Fuck Parents

IP: 6D21 AB67

don't try to confuse me, i hate you you fucker =PP

....for life
Send a message via AIM to TonyTone   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-07, 11:52 PM   #10
Zelph
Flyweight

IP: 4E5A 80E7

haterz.........
Send a message via AIM to Zelph   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-07, 12:10 AM   #11
Konflick
New to RV

IP: 0F8C 09C6

Good shit man.
Way to go well into detail.
Old 04-08-07, 11:14 AM   #12
DiZzy
New to RV

IP: 1FF7 AEF3

hot mag man,, good looks on votw
Old 04-08-07, 11:31 AM   #13
R.Christensen
Phu Que

IP: 68BB 8C71

ummm...

deadline is 12pm or am???

12pm is in the middle of the damned day while most people are working
Old 04-08-07, 11:45 AM   #14
Konflick
New to RV

IP: 0F8C 09C6

When you droppin R.?
Old 04-08-07, 11:45 AM   #15
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

deadline is 12AM pacific, 3AM eastern. Just realized i've had it wrong in the battles setups like since this league started