RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Word on the street > Turntablism
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-05, 09:14 AM   #1
Acuity
Rastafari Walk Tall

Audio Record: 15-9
Vinyl Vs. CD's

IP: B3CF E119

werd wachu think better fuckin with Vinyl or take to the new age with CD's?

"His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, King of Kings of Ethiopia and Elect of God"

Blog

Graphic Designer, Illustrator, Web Designer

Old 09-01-05, 12:57 PM   #2
New Meth0d
Bow Chicka Bow Wow

Text Record: 14-0
Audio Record: 6-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: FEFC E273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuity
werd wachu think better fuckin with Vinyl or take to the new age with CD's?

now a days hip-hop heads usually frown upon the c-dj's...but if you really want to make a career out of dj'ing (i.e. weddings, parties, dances, ) c-dj's are what your gonna want....but if you want to dj @ a club, or scratch. then your gonna want vynil...th eonly advantage i see to c-dj's is that they dont have to carry around crates, and crates or records. and everything is easier becuase it mixes everything automatically ect.

true hip-hop is turntables and vynil which you cant beat...when you go to a club and you see a dj spinnin theres nothin like it but when you go to some girls batmitzfa and see some dude in a yamica with a laptop and c-dj thats lame as fuck....

ima stay with vynil...although there is this device called rane, you hook it up to your mixer into your comp and it lets you scratch over any mp3 and record it. and the scratchin is actually good i mean it doesnt sound fake, rane measuers the beats, pitch, speed and calculates what the actuall scratch sounds like and replicates it....with c-dj's they have some crappy preset almost and it sucks when you try to "scratch"

im vynil all the way, savin up for rane so i can record my shit
Send a message via AIM to New Meth0d Send a message via Yahoo to New Meth0d   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-05, 01:14 PM   #3
Acuity
Rastafari Walk Tall

Audio Record: 15-9
IP: 62B4 4747

we dont call em "c-dj's" over here...but the most popular cd turntab;e system is this technic system u can get...and ppl that know what they doing use this system and it is near impossible to tell whether or not they are using vinyl...the scratching is as seemless and accurate as it would be normally...thats why over here the debatehas come more down to preference and what is truly the "artform"....in that arguement vinyl obviously wins but technically and practically cd turntable systems r dope

"His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, King of Kings of Ethiopia and Elect of God"

Blog

Graphic Designer, Illustrator, Web Designer

Old 09-01-05, 01:29 PM   #4
New Meth0d
Bow Chicka Bow Wow

this pioneer is dope...but its almost cheating it can do so much and i agree the art form is vynil...but when you are a c-dj you dont have to learn to count beats, ect., but yea the more practical way is c-dj but the best way in my opinion is vynil....
Send a message via AIM to New Meth0d Send a message via Yahoo to New Meth0d   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-05, 11:42 PM   #5
PeRsEvErAnCe
Flyweight

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: DCF7 AE11

ok ok, look. Cdj's mix on it's own. which is ok. but then u won't need a dj. now let's go to the engineering level. the theory is dat lower frequencies dat we can't hear affects wat we can hear. now... cd's are high frequencies amped and digital. vinyl is cut, and played via needle. the vinyl doesn't create as much unhearable frequences, therefore when u blast it.... it sound crystal clear. also.... scratches on cdj's are not real. a scratch is not only the sound being depicted gettin distorted. it's also the material it's on, the type of needle, and how much force u puttin on da vinyl. also... u can see the lines on vinyl... and if u know anything about scratch djing... the dj puts a sticky on the spot where he wants to scratch. where would u put that sticky on a cd? no place at all. only thing good about cd dj's is that u don't have to replace needles. if u wana jus play music then get a cd player. if u wanna get down, back to da art as stated above. get vinyl. o jea, vinyl is expensive too.. shit. but jea, i still pick vinyl. i mean.... i produce. and i can't get any quality samples from a cd. but i can find an old vinyl record from da 30's and make another beat. VINYL ALL DA FUCKIN WAY.
Old 09-05-05, 01:32 PM   #6
New Meth0d
Bow Chicka Bow Wow

yea but vynil can wear out
Old 09-05-05, 08:56 PM   #7
~Lady Fiya~
~*Duchess of Metaphors*~

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: D792 1390

i say vinyl's they are more clear than Cds, only thing is vinyls can get warped if they get near water.. and you would have a lot to carry if you were to bring them to parties and what not, with the equipment, but it's not THAT bad.. I'd say vinyl for originality and creativity. You ever notice that the majority of instrumentals sound best from vinyls? Shit's tight as fuck, the quality is real nice whether the vinyl's old or not...

I say Vinyls...
Old 09-05-05, 10:12 PM   #8
New Meth0d
Bow Chicka Bow Wow

i <3 lady fiya.
Old 09-07-05, 08:50 AM   #9
PeRsEvErAnCe
Flyweight

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 4380 5DCF

Vinyl's all da way. creativity... yes. everything is much clearer wit a clean piece of vinyl and a good cartridge.