RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-06, 06:19 PM   #1
mR iKiLL.
.. ....... ... ....... ..

R.I.P Hip Hop

IP: 25CE F1CC

Not even half way through the year of 2006, there has already been well over a dozen shootings that have plagued the hip-hop community. Artists like T.I., Proof and Busta Rhymes have all been affected, if not killed, by gun-related violence this year that has left many in the industry as well as fans in a state of both shock and grief. In an effort to make sense of these matters, SOHH examines the increasingly volatile state of affairs and turns to those in the rap community to give their thoughts on the reasons behind this increasingly violent trend.

Hip-Hop is in a state of emergency. 2006 may go down as one of the deadliest that the culture as ever seen. From Obie Trice being shot in the head in the early morning hours of January 1 in an apparent case of road rage to fellow Motor City MC and friend Proof of D12 being murdered inside of the Detroit's C.C.C. nightclub on April 11, there obviously is an increased amount of tension in the streets of that city.

"The climate is like 150 degrees homie, it's hot," says Obie Trice of the atmosphere in his home town. It's been that way though, it's just touching close to home now."

Quick to dismiss the fact that the violence that has affected him and others in the city is strictly related to them being artists, he explains that the problem is bigger than rap and that other factors have added to an overall aggressive attitude there. "Aint no money in the city, niggas is broke," Trice laments. "The city's in a $130 million deficit right now. People are getting laid off."

Getting people to understand the actual consequences of gun-related violence is also something that should be understood. Separating lyrics that depict violence from the real life situations that stem from it is something that Trice wants to get across as well. He hopes that revealing the details of his situation will make hip-hop fans and those in the streets realize that life and death is not something to be taken lightly.

"My head was like a watermelon, blood everywhere," he describes with vivid detail. "I came into the hospital, nurses had their hands over their mouths[in disbelief]. If the bullet had went less than an inch deeper, I'd be deceased.

He also described seeing the aftermath of close friend Proof being gunned down, apparently over a pool game. "I couldn't sleep for a while because I went and saw him at the hospital. They had him on the gurney. I'm touching his face, his face is freezing, his mouth was open... I don't wish death on nobody. We as Black men are dying out here, getting erased, over bullshit."

Detroit is not the only place to be struck by violence. This disturbing trend has become a national epidemic with numerous incidents reported across the country. On February 11, rapper Slick Pulla of Young Jeezy's Corporate Thugz Entertainment was shot outside of a popular Atlanta pizza shop and later hospitalized where he would survive his injuries. Marque Dixson (who also went by Baby Bleu), an associate of record label Black Mafia Family and reportedly the younger brother of BMF artist Bleu Davinci, was fatally shot in a parking lot on March 9 in the Buckhead section of Atlanta after leaving a club hours before. On February 1, rapper Trajik (born Amir Crump) of the group Desert Mobb was said to have shot and killed Sgt. Henry Prendes in a shootout with police in Las Vegas before he himself was killed in the same incident. Aspiring Las Vegas MC Mac was also gunned down in Sin City as he sat in the drive through of a local fast food restaurant on April 7. New York was the site of both the shooting death of Busta Rhymes' bodyguard and friend Israel Ramirez on February 6 as well as the shooting of Brooklyn rapper Gravy outside of the studios of New York radio station Hot 97 on April 26. Well respected Houston rapper Big Hawk was also recently laid to rest after being gunned down by possibly more than one assailant in his hometown in a suspected attempted robbery on May 1.

Click To Read Page 2

Im A Punchline Champion ..
You Got Rhymes But I Heard It All Before Like Sunshine Anderson

Tha Q ----
Old 05-12-06, 06:21 PM   #2
locknes
its WU muthafucka

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: C39E 2E16

son Cuban LINX II is gonna bring back hip hop
Old 05-12-06, 06:24 PM   #3
mR iKiLL.
.. ....... ... ....... ..

IP: 25CE F1CC

Read The Article Kid .

Im A Punchline Champion ..
You Got Rhymes But I Heard It All Before Like Sunshine Anderson

Tha Q ----
Old 05-13-06, 12:49 AM   #4
Shear Kaughn
Broke as hell

IP: B8B4 D1AE

hip hop is full of a bunch of rappers that "made it" but seem to think they got to return to the hood and hustle for some reason.....and thats where the violence comes in....

if i was a big time rapper from teh hard hood....i wouldn't even dream of going back...ima be living in beverly hills with all the other rich people
Old 05-13-06, 01:38 AM   #5
Chris Stylez
Semper Fi

IP: 3240 794D

Omg yo MC Mack is dead....damn...he was like one of my favorite members out of HCP.....damn.......this shit is fucking crazy...it's like it dosent seem all that big peice by peice but when you put the puzzle togeather you see the full picture.....

Project List

The Classick Mixtape Vol (8/18)
Age Of Consent Mixtape Vol 1(16/16)
The Classick Album(2/16)
S&S Express E.P.(1/10)

Lot of back to back shit. Stay tuned.
Send a message via AIM to Chris Stylez Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Stylez   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-06, 01:41 AM   #6
Chris Stylez
Semper Fi

IP: 3240 794D

Damn.........i fuckin new MC mack back in the Day back when fuckin Three 6 Mafia put T-Rock on....shit I can still remember him droppin lines out in Zone 4 tryna get his name out shit.....damn

Project List

The Classick Mixtape Vol (8/18)
Age Of Consent Mixtape Vol 1(16/16)
The Classick Album(2/16)
S&S Express E.P.(1/10)

Lot of back to back shit. Stay tuned.
Send a message via AIM to Chris Stylez Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Stylez   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-06, 02:52 AM   #7
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
IP: 5285 DC82

hip hop wont die.

If its alive in my heart, its not dead to me.
Old 05-13-06, 06:22 AM   #8
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

Quote:
Originally Posted by locknes
son Cuban LINX II is gonna bring back hip hop

this shit goes deeper than fuckin albums you fuckin moron
Old 05-13-06, 10:36 PM   #9
Shear Kaughn
Broke as hell

IP: B8B4 D1AE

don't worry.....lil wayne will brig the game back..

hahhaa lets see who says something about that last statment
Old 05-16-06, 05:52 PM   #10
...?...
Herb

Text Record: 1-0
IP: 3354 DAC6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shere Kahn!
hip hop is full of a bunch of rappers that "made it" but seem to think they got to return to the hood and hustle for some reason.....and thats where the violence comes in....

if i was a big time rapper from teh hard hood....i wouldn't even dream of going back...ima be living in beverly hills with all the other rich people

now thats sensible
Old 05-18-06, 05:13 PM   #11
The Creator
I beat bitches up

Text Record: 8-1
IP: F1FE FCAA

its couse of all the egos surrounding hip hop...u gotta keep ur image as a thug or a gangster or a str8 hood nigga. its wat sells and some people honestly get so caught up in it that they dont know how to turn it off in my opinion. or even worst...some of em niggaz that use to have to grind and do crazy shit for money dont want to look fake just cuz they got money so they still do the same ol hood shit. people like T.I who has foundations and shit to help people realises this. The problem is not hip hop the music...its hip hop the mentality...we cant be soft like in the other catagories like pop and country and blues....even RnB niggas is trying to look like they thugs on videos while dancing and shit.
sadly....people do get hurt or killed through something that has such an impact like the hip hop life....

RiPs
Proof....2 Pac.....Izrealle(bustas homeboy that got shot).....Biggie.....Big L......Jam master J........and all others that have gone down and helped elevate hip hop to wat it is today for us...