RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-03, 04:43 PM   #16
Accelerate
Straight Savage.

IP: 8BEC CACE

The Movie Had Crazy Fighting I'll Give You That. But It Felt Whack Knowing There Was A Sequel. I Liked It, But I Think It Would've Been better If Both Was Put Together.
Old 10-13-03, 04:44 PM   #17
Dez

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: B7E7 EEE0

^it was originaly going to be, but the movie wouldve been over 4 hours long.
Old 10-13-03, 09:55 PM   #18
Accelerate
Straight Savage.

IP: 8BEC CACE

^This One Was Short, 95 Minutes, So That Means The Sequel Better Be Good Or I Will Burn My Resevoir Dogs Collection, Cry, And Buy Another One. Because It Had No Real Filler Points, But I Just Think It Should've Put More Of Something, I Really Don't Know What It's Missing In It. But I Got TO Admit, The Animation Was Raw As Hell For O-Ren-Ishii's Part. I Also Applaud That It Uses Chapters, Because That Helps Alot.
Old 10-15-03, 02:13 AM   #19
KLINIK

Text Record: 2-0
IP: 8F25 FB35

yo D.Dizzle! who's that crazy mo'fucca that kicked the FUCK OUTTUH that catcher?! SHIT IS FUNNY AS HELL IF THAT SHIT REALLY HAPPENED! LMFAO YO! but yeah i wanna go see that movie mane! but i wanna watch house of the dead too! that shit look like its gon be FIRE! 1!
Old 10-15-03, 02:19 AM   #20
Mr.Christensen
Fuck You, I Rhyme Better

IP: 6AF7 CD43

damnit now i dont wanna go to work and see the movie
Old 10-15-03, 09:56 AM   #21
Lethargic
Middle Weight

IP: 9DAE 3ADA

Are you guys fuckin kidding me?

Maybe I'm just a big critic, but I thought that was one of the shittiest movies I've ever seen and I WILL NOT be seeing part 2. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it, but I couldn't get into it at all. It was extremely corny. Realism was definitely not an effect they were going for, and that is something I like to see. As for comparing this to The Matrix, you need to be shot. The Matrix has the crazy flight and fight seens because they were inside a program....so that made it realism. Because your mind can complete anything inside a program. This movie had some bullshit scenes of fighting that no one could ever imagine doing in real life. That whole Friday the 13th bloodshed thing was fuckin annoying too. How stupid.....the only thing I could really get into about this movie was the anime portion. Now THAT, was badass. Maybe I'm just a huge critic...but I thought it was shit.
Old 10-15-03, 11:40 AM   #22
D-Dizzle
Ya Mama's Favorite

Text Record: 11-2
IP: D65A D2DF

Yhea you just a huge critic.....the vote is like what!?!..15 to 1!?....IT seems like you missin the whole fuckin point of movies in general..Its not suposed to have "real" fighting...LoL....

I'm comparing it to Matrix becasue they have computer genrated scenes while they were MAKING it..I'n not talking about the how the story line fits the reason for computer graphics.. I'm talking about the production ot it..that whole sceane with Neo and the pole was CG, Keanu Reeves didn't do shit but sit his ass down and look at his computer charcter do all those moves in that part.....Kill Bill ain't have none of that in the fighting, just wire work.....Tarintino took the fighting style back to like Fist of Legend, and Drunken Makster, Hail Wind Staff and shit like that, all that raw shit when they didn't have all that computer shit to 'clean up' the fighting scences..ain't none of that shit is equal to 'real' fighting..The ONLY person that did shit in his movies that he can do in real life was Bruce Lee..Even Jackie Chan depends on camara tricks somtimes..So if you didn't like Kill Bill you just don't like Kung Fu movies then....

Bang On The Table Productions

Last edited by D-Dizzle : 10-15-03 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-15-03, 11:50 AM   #23
Lethargic
Middle Weight

Quote:
Originally posted by D-Dizzle
Yhea you just a huge critic.....the vote is like what!?!..15 to 1!?....IT seems liek you missin the whole fuckin point of the movie..IT not suposed to have "real" fighting...LoL....I'm comparing it to Matrix becasue the have computer genrated scenes..that who sceane with Neo and the pole was CG...Kill Bill ain't have none of the in the fighting, just wire work.....Tarintino took the fighting style back to like Fist of Legend, and Drunken Makster, Hail Wind Staff and shit like that, all that raw shit when they didn't have all that computer shit to 'clean up' the fighting scences..ain't none of that shit is equal to 'real' fighting..The ONLY person that did shit in his movies that he can do in real life was Bruce Lee..Even Jackie Chan depends on camara tricks somtimes..So if you didn't like Kill Bill you just don't like Kung Fu movies then....

Yes, most of you liked it. I didn't miss the point, I just thought it was retarded. The Matrix fighting scens...other than the bullets...were wire stunts as well. You'd know that if you watched the creation portion after the movie on the tape, or on the bonus features of the DVD...so yes, they were really doing a lot of that shit. Not all, but a lot. Okay..so he went back to the old days. It was still really gay...I loved Fist of Legend, Fists of Fury, Drunken Master, Enter the Dragon, etc...comparing this to those is blasphemous and deserves the death penalty. Jackie Chan doesn't use camera tricks....every stunt done by him is actually done by him. He has no stunt doubles...there's no video refinement...just a lot of repetition trying to get the scene down. I like Kung Fu movies...I love them...which is why I think I'm so harsh on my judgement of this one. The last thing this should be classified is, is a Kung Fu Movie. For one, there was no Kung Fu. Everything in the fight scenes either A. Can be learned in Tae Kwan Do(Basic Martial Arts) or B. Were wire tricks. Also, did you see the way they were holding their knives? Nobody that is supposed to be a deadly assassin and an expert knife fighter holds their knives like that. Uma was holding hers right...but that black woman was supposed to be the knife fighter, and she was holding it totally wrong. Just a lot of crap like that. I thought the seen with the schoolgirl was tight. I did forget about that...but everything leading up to that point and everything after that was gay/weak. Lucy Lui would have beat Uma's ass. Gah, shit movie to the extreme.

I had to go home and watch Pulp Fiction so Tarentino could redeem himself.
Old 10-15-03, 12:02 PM   #24
D-Dizzle
Ya Mama's Favorite

Text Record: 11-2
IP: D65A D2DF

Well I'm just using the genre that they put these movies in..Most 'kung fu' movies don't acually use the art of kung fu at all..it just the genre they lump all of them in..I coulda just got ghetto and called em karate movies but hey....I'm talking about the pole part of the movie on Matix, Ol dude was not doing none of that shit..phsically..I know they did some parts in the rest of the movie but most of it wasn't physical.. and all that grabing mu'fuckas and flying and jumpin on cars and shit...co'mon dog..I did see the making of it..and about a good 70 percent of the action was CG..I know Jakie does his own stunt but some of his jumps and moves been enhanced in his recent movies with wire work (I guess cuz he gettin old)..But you still going back to 'realisim' in a fictional movie with all that knife technique.... they do alot of shit in movies just to make shit more dramtic and shit....just like on movies where mu'fuckas be having they gun tlit to the side, or shooting a Magnum one handed..in real life you'd hit everything BUT what you tryin to shoot if you did that shit...but hey it's the movies.....

Bang On The Table Productions

Last edited by D-Dizzle : 10-15-03 at 12:29 PM.
Old 10-15-03, 01:09 PM   #25
Lethargic
Middle Weight

True.....I still hated the fuckin movie though.

lol