RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-07, 01:34 PM   #1
P To Tha R!
The Most Feared Gang!

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Styles P - A Gangster And A Gentleman Review

IP: 72A2 911C

STYLES - A GANGSTER AND A GENTLEMAN

Review

1. Intro - Here he is just talking about how he's real, and how he's the street's hardest nigga. No rating.

2. Good Times - Y'all should remember this single, was huge over the US. A very catchy sample in the hook. Talkin about weed mixed in with some gangsta lyrics. Real catchy and a great song to roll up, a nice opening song too. 9/10

3. Y'all Know We In Here feat. Swizz Beatz - Swizz had a dope beat here, the lyrics all on the gangsta shit. Real raw crack flow and delivery. Swizz's regular shout-type hook. "I can't wait to die, cos life's a bitch" I liked that line. Rowdy street joint here. 8/10

4. A Gangster And A Gentleman - He talking about his life and how he grew up, got into the crack game. However the adlibs on this song are quite loud and get in the way of the main vocals. The hook is meh, I don't like this hook. It's still a raw song. The beat is hot, and if you like me, you can relate to alot in this song. 7.7/10

5. Black Magic feat. Angie Stone - Y'all who love soul, would love Angie. Angie murders this hook. This is one of those dope real songs you'd find later on the album. This is real talk, you can't help but love this song. Styles come with a delivery calm but a hard flow. And Angie is angelic on this hook you'll be addicted. I love this song, I'm sure you would too. 10/10

6. Daddy Get That Cash feat. Lil' Mo - This is that thug love song, he's just saying how he and his girl get that money, and sell those bricks. Lil' Mo has a hot hook it's catchy, it'l remind you of the 99' beats. "Im so gangsta, just knowin' my self makes me affiliated" This is hot too, Styles has a hot flow on this. 8/10

7. Lick Shots feat. Jadakiss, Sheek Louch and J Hood - This song is real hard, on a calm beat but a real GANGSTA vibe. Gun shots terrorizing the hook flows are hot from everyone. Styles came straight. J Hood had a dope verse so did Sheek. Jadakiss came decent also. This was that mixtape type raw track. 6.7/10

8. And I Came To feat. Eve and Sheek Louch - Another Swizz production, the beat get's on my nerves a lil, it's mad catchy at the same time. Im not really feeling this song all that much. The beat hurts a nigga ears. All three do the hook to together. The beat grows on you, this is aight. Hook isn't catchy enough for a single. Styles had a dope verse though. 6/10

9. Get Paid - Had a buncha kids do the hook saying "Can I Get Paid" Got a real simple beat melody, I like how he spit this. Always real, lyrically hot. The hook get's a lil annoying and is a lil loud but it's hot verses all the way throughout. 7.8/10

10. Ass Bag Skit - Just a skit, funny tho lol

11. Im A Ruff Ryder feat. Jadakiss - Woah, this beat is hooked on crack. This is a real gangsta vibe. Holiday Styles came in like bam on this shit. Gangsta lyrics again, he on that murder tip on this song. No playing around on this joint. Hook is hot from Kiss, "Understand im from the school of hard knocks, and my suspension is death". This is a real gangsta joint. 9/10 I can't get over how dope this beat is.

12. Soul Clap - This beat is pretty tight, Styles comes on with that calm delivery on here. The hook is pretty nice, nothing bad nothing great from this song. 7.8/10

13. We Thugs feat. Jadakiss and Sheek Louch - I think the piano sample is from Cheers. This is a hot beat, a real track dedicated to the hood. I love this song, can relate to it cos I got niggas I love like this ya dig. This is a hot song, They split verses and hooks. "I know niggas who did life in jail, way smarter than the white kids in Yale" So real, this is from the hood, if you from the hood and you got ride to die niggas, this is you're song. 10/10

14. Styles feat. Jadakiss - A hot beat, raw flow, raw delivery gangsta lyrics. This is another hot Styles verse. A Kiss hook again, Styles hasn't done many hooks on this but every verse is basically fire. This is a good joint. 7.8/10

15. Barbershop (skit) - Just a skit..

16. Listen - Wow this beat is amazing. He's basically talking to the Lord on this song. Great realness from that nigga Styles, great flow.."The same ones hangin' us, givin us dope"...."Why we dying from AIDS, and why on TV is it aight to be GAY?" "Ask myself, where the next Malcolm X at".."I'd rather hear the angel singin, then my people dying" This is for everyone from the hood, "I got to think that the president is prejudice"..."I'd rather see the world cease, if we can reach world peace"..This track hits heart. Only two verses, I wish he did a 3rd. 10/10

17. Niggas Flippin' Skit - Skit..

18. Y'all Don't Wanna Fuck feat. M.O.P - Yeah y'all should remember this DOPE ass beat, great verses again, I don't think any verse on here was whack. All dope. Hook is on some rowdy shit....M.O.P came nice on that crazy flow shit.8/10

19. Shit Done Changed Skit - Just a skit..

20. Nobody Believes Me feat. Sheek, Cross and J Hood - This beat is pretty hot, talkin' about the hood and a lil hate he get from his ol' niggas from the hood, jus talkin' to them. Hook is aight, verses were nice too..7.2/10

21. Dedication (skit) - Styles dedicates this album to his brother..and others

22. My Brother - Another dope real song, great lyrics, real talk, and a dedication to his dead brother. RIP. A Great hook too, talkin about he died on mother day...again an amazing hook he got on here.

There's my brother
I could smile, cause I know he right next to Allah
Right next to the prophets and the soldiers that died
And all the angels in the heaven that be holdin the sky

There's my brother
I could cry, for the fact I can't hug him no more
But my tears go to heaven and I know the nigga feel me
And the good thing is he aint got to worry no more

I said there's my brother, wit Allah
Best place he could be

Hook is real. A great song. 10/10

23. Outro - Outro Shit, tellin niggas to stay in school if possible..n those who can't to make do with what we got....and tellin emcee's to listen to Styles's album...and tellin niggas to respect and honor...

24. The Life (Bonus Track) - This song im sure you've heard, a great song. A dope ass beat, a great hook from a singer, real talk lyrics, again great verses..talkin about how he made it...again a hot track..9/10

Overall - 9/10 - Every verse from Holiday was tight, some beats were meh/hooks/ but most were great. Dope that he did real songs on this shit..and he always stay real. Styles shoulda sold ALOT MORE on this..but this is fire all throughout..Definitely an album to cop..NOT to download..1
Old 02-24-07, 02:37 PM   #2
B. Magik
Sam Dope

IP: 3D45 ACA0

Best shit on the album was "We Thugs", "Nobody Believes Me", "Listen", and "My Brother"

Lol, but you're a tad late on coming out with a review for this shit..

CHECK THE FUCKING BEATS.

Send a message via AIM to B. Magik Send a message via MSN to B. Magik Send a message via Yahoo to B. Magik   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-07, 04:23 PM   #3
P To Tha R!
The Most Feared Gang!

IP: 822A 3D44

lol yeah, nah it's cos I was bored so I popped in anythin...

I was gon do Time is money but sum1 else did that I think
Old 02-25-07, 12:40 PM   #4
B. Magik
Sam Dope

IP: 3D45 ACA0

Word. This album was so much better than 'Time Is Money' though..

CHECK THE FUCKING BEATS.

Send a message via AIM to B. Magik Send a message via MSN to B. Magik Send a message via Yahoo to B. Magik   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-07, 02:11 PM   #5
P To Tha R!
The Most Feared Gang!

IP: 6297 DF9A

Yup I kno man....
Old 03-06-07, 03:04 AM   #6
Also Known.

Text Record: 14-1
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: A532 3078

I'ma have to go cop it Styles is the man he got an unmatched Vibe to his songs just makes you wana rap with him

THE TRUTH IS I'M BETTER THAN YOU
Send a message via AIM to Also Known.   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-07, 12:28 PM   #7
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Audio Record: 5-1
IP: 2143 04F1

Um, excuse me?
Time is Money is a pretty fuckin awesome album.

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-07, 03:56 PM   #8
P To Tha R!
The Most Feared Gang!

IP: 822A 3D44

But all the hot songs came out a year before release..he even said he regretted puttin the shit out a lil..he only did it cos of the fans they rlly wanted his shit..
Old 12-03-07, 09:39 AM   #9
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Audio Record: 5-1
IP: A1B6 EEE4

The "singer" on The Life is Pharoue Monch or however you spell his name
and you gave alot of these songs low ratings homie
Nobody Believes me, Lick Shots, and The Life should've been 10's.

and Time is Money was a very dope album in my opniion

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 02:23 AM   #10
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Text Record: 10-1
IP: 2693 188C

LOL 7.8/10

you sure like that 7.8 number for your ratings huh home boy?

ahahahah son just round it off.
Old 02-24-08, 03:04 PM   #11
SkepTik
Herb

Text Record: 4-4
IP: CE76 E868

shit aight i give it 7.2/10