RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-06, 06:20 PM   #1
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
Maybe God should have never created this universe?

IP: C98F 1FA2

Bear with me, because this is mostly thought-provoking questions for people to respond to.

OK. First of all, if God is an omniscient, perfect, completely content, divine, eternal being... Why would he create a universe? Hes eternal, its not like he could be bored or something, because time to him isnt like time is for us. There is absolutely no reason why God would create anything, because he is fulfilled.

But if we ignore that, the question arises... Why did God create us the way he did? And if a human creates something, does that mean God created that thing? If God created the Universe and the Universe created humans, to what degree can we say that God created humans.. And if God created humans and humans practice evil, does that mean that God created evil?

You might say he gave us free will and free will means some people will practice evil, but that is opposed by the real point of this thread:

If God is eternal, he knows the past, present and future. And if God is omnipotent he knows everything. So why would God create the universe and humans, if he knew that we would disobey him, hurt him, kill his son, suffer, and practice evil? Its like by creating us, he is making us suffer?

Do you think God is evil for doing that? That was the result of free will. But if God created us as puppets without free will, is that more evil than creating us to suffer?
Old 01-02-06, 07:03 PM   #2
Incineratedrose
To The Ground...

IP: B883 0CC4

God didnt create evil, durrr, i mean, he made Satan then satan got booted, and became evil. He WAS an angel, and plus, adam and eve ate from the damn tree, thus creating evil stuff. God booted from the Garden Of Eden, and PLUS, its not his fault we practice evil, he gave us free will, not evil. But the part i dont personally understand, if he is all knowing, the Alpha and Omega, then he would have known that Satan was going to eventually become, well, the devil right? So, i mean, i guess you could say because he didnt want heaven to be an automatic "right".. its a priveledge, show him you can live a good, moral life, and you get rewarded. Or something.

Merciless Cult.
Send a message via AIM to Incineratedrose   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-06, 07:05 PM   #3
Nynth Degree
In ya area.

IP: DD80 C79E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopsefall
God didnt create evil, durrr, i mean, he made Satan then satan got booted, and became evil.

So God did not make evil existent? So how can one become something that does not exist? Or did Lucifer create evil, putting him on the same level as God?
ninth your a fucking idiot and im purposly spelling your name wrong...

PS, no Sony.
Old 01-02-06, 07:34 PM   #4
Incineratedrose
To The Ground...

I think arguably lucifer is on the same level as god, just the polar opposite. But i dont get the point of satan, to get as many people in hell as possible before the 2nd coming? cuz after that, isnt earth basically, done, gone with?

And people that arent born yet, like, idk, will people just stop being born? or will people still be born in heaven? or what.. idk, idk, too many questions and no one to ask.

Merciless Cult.
Old 01-02-06, 07:58 PM   #5
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopesfall
God didnt create evil, durrr, i mean, he made Satan then satan got booted, and became evil. He WAS an angel, and plus, adam and eve ate from the damn tree, thus creating evil stuff. God booted from the Garden Of Eden, and PLUS, its not his fault we practice evil, he gave us free will, not evil. But the part i dont personally understand, if he is all knowing, the Alpha and Omega, then he would have known that Satan was going to eventually become, well, the devil right? So, i mean, i guess you could say because he didnt want heaven to be an automatic "right".. its a priveledge, show him you can live a good, moral life, and you get rewarded. Or something.

Yeah I get what you mean.

Its like... if a scientist made a robot designed to help people and then it malfunctioned and started being evil... Is that the scientists fault? Of course not, because he had good intentions.

But what im asking with this thread is like... If the scientist made the robot for good, but KNEW it was going to malfuction and be evil, why would he make the robot in the first place?
Old 01-02-06, 08:01 PM   #6
Incineratedrose
To The Ground...

I know, and i get you on that.. I assume because he knows the world has to end eventually, thus, the Omega, and heaven isnt a given... its a possibility and priveledge, So yeah, i guess its like... yeah. get me?

Merciless Cult.
Old 01-02-06, 08:02 PM   #7
Germ
in your system

Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 9E2F CDE8

maybe god is a scientist

this world is a drug, and everyone's selfish

FLY FREE
Send a message via AIM to Germ Send a message via MSN to Germ   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-06, 08:03 PM   #8
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
I know, and i get you on that.. I assume because he knows the world has to end eventually, thus, the Omega, and heaven isnt a given... its a possibility and priveledge, So yeah, i guess its like... yeah. get me?

But whats his deal. He gave us free will, but he knows exactly what we're gonna do... Why doesnt he just skip all the bullshit, and send the people that were gonna go to heaven, to heaven.
Old 01-02-06, 08:13 PM   #9
Germ
in your system

i was to create a universe, and time was not a factor what-so-ever, i'd much rather watch it out then just skip it, you know? even if he knows everything, every detail before he does it, maybe god is just cool and wanted to see it play out....kinda like a real scientist, but i like this thread, good questions

FLY FREE
Send a message via AIM to Germ Send a message via MSN to Germ   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-06, 08:18 PM   #10
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakel
i was to create a universe, and time was not a factor what-so-ever, i'd much rather watch it out then just skip it, you know? even if he knows everything, every detail before he does it, maybe god is just cool and wanted to see it play out....kinda like a real scientist, but i like this thread, good questions

If what the bible says is true, he doesnt need to watch it because hes watched it before, is watching it presently, will watch it later, and knows whats going to happen.
Old 01-02-06, 08:19 PM   #11
Incineratedrose
To The Ground...

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Man Band
But whats his deal. He gave us free will, but he knows exactly what we're gonna do... Why doesnt he just skip all the bullshit, and send the people that were gonna go to heaven, to heaven.

I dont think he knows what each one of us gonna do, thats the whole point of free will, doing what WE want to do.

Merciless Cult.
Old 01-02-06, 08:22 PM   #12
Germ
in your system

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Man Band
If what the bible says is true, he doesnt need to watch it because hes watched it before, is watching it presently, will watch it later, and knows whats going to happen.

but if he's done it before, and he's doing it again, that would mean things happen differently, so he keeps seeing what will happen

FLY FREE
Old 01-02-06, 08:22 PM   #13
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
I dont think he knows what each one of us gonna do, thats the whole point of free will, doing what WE want to do.

The bible says that he does.

Thats why christianity is a bit hard to believe. "God" has no limits.
Old 01-02-06, 08:27 PM   #14
distilled
hullabaloser

Text Record: 5-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: F7E3 42B8

How about God Isn't all knowing.

I mean the only reason we are led to believe he is is through the bible, which is one of the most untrustworthy books around.

Maybe we were created to see what we do with our lives. Maybe our entire purpose in living is for some entity on a higher plane of existance to study how we act, what we do and why we do it.

.The Council
Send a message via AIM to distilled Send a message via MSN to distilled Send a message via Yahoo to distilled   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-06, 08:32 PM   #15
Germ
in your system

thats where i start to think, like, i think about an aquarium; how we place these fish in a tank, we give them a support system, water filter so they can maintain breathing, we supply them with everything, and we watch....as they live their lives.....then i start to think about our situation on earth....isn't it a little strange that this planet has been PERFECTLY suited to maintain and hold life? like what if we are just an aquarium in someone else's world...that would be crazy

FLY FREE