RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-06, 12:45 PM   #31
L. Veracity
You Cant Handle The Truth

Audio Record: 0-2
IP: F408 EB1A

look, I'm not saying slap a limit on and stifle someone's ability to express themselves but is that really ALL there is to talk about?...no...drugs, guns, cars, money, hos, it's all easier totalk about than real issues...I'm pretty sure all them niggas have been in love with a chick, don't rap about it...have learned something in school...don't rap about it...and I could go on and on about what they DON'T rap about but I'm sure has happened in their life...nobody's life revolves around drugs that damn much, I'm sorry...there's way more to talk about than what the average mainstream rapper talks about...rap about politics, you care about the 'hood so much rap about the injustices you see in your 'hood...make it known how you grew up, without glamourizing it and making it look "cool" to some white suburban kid that bought your CD or making it or "okay" for the little boy in your 'hood growing up in your same situation to see that the only way out is selling drugs like you did...there's more than one way to succeed, I just wish rappers with as much influence as they have on youth today, would use it for more positive things

^ WE - RAWWCAST - 24/7 ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artik Phrost
LV - real talk as usual..dope shit
you're like the best story teller over a beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseOne
my whole album is inspired by you LV.
thats how i got this classic album.

Last edited by L. Veracity : 04-12-06 at 12:51 PM.
Send a message via AIM to L. Veracity Send a message via MSN to L. Veracity Send a message via Yahoo to L. Veracity   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-06, 12:49 PM   #32
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 8CD6 E7CD

I definetly feel you on that. It kinda gives everyone a twisted veiw on reality and thinkin there's no possibility for anything better. I rap about being in love alot cause I am Niggas just need to stop fearing the good, then rappers won't be scared to comfront shit. It's funny how we spend 374327498 songs "YOU SCARED MUTHAFUCKA YOU SCARED", and then be scared of what could help you the most.
Old 04-12-06, 12:51 PM   #33
L. Veracity
You Cant Handle The Truth

Audio Record: 0-2
IP: F408 EB1A

and I know Tupac never killed anyone but he talked about it in his songs, but that's not ALL he talked about...Tupac didn't even had a criminal record or arrest record until AFTER he "became" Tupac...but that just proves my point, rappers have a public persona that doesn't always eQuate to who and or what they really are...Tupac saw a lot, but doesn't mean he did it himself...does that discredit him as being a great lyricist and one of the greatest rappers of all time? by no means...rappers need to realize their influence and do things that will cause positive reactions to their music...they need to realize that someone buying an album of yours is not the ultimate "positive"

^ WE - RAWWCAST - 24/7 ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artik Phrost
LV - real talk as usual..dope shit
you're like the best story teller over a beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseOne
my whole album is inspired by you LV.
thats how i got this classic album.
Send a message via AIM to L. Veracity Send a message via MSN to L. Veracity Send a message via Yahoo to L. Veracity   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-06, 03:36 PM   #34
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 5285 DC82

Truth L. Veracity.

But then again, the positive doesnt sell..... yet! So we can also look in the direction of the labels, offering money for rap that is influenced by the negative,instead of the positive.

At times i wish money was abolished money from rap all together, but then again, that wouldnt prevail the influence.

rap can be life changing for the next generation of youth. Or it can be downgrading and teach anger instead of unity and commitment to life.
Old 04-12-06, 05:23 PM   #35
Mentor
a.k.a prozak

Text Record: 6-11
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: FF78 8761

Quote:
Originally Posted by L. Veracity
and I know Tupac never killed anyone but he talked about it in his songs, but that's not ALL he talked about...Tupac didn't even had a criminal record or arrest record until AFTER he "became" Tupac...but that just proves my point, rappers have a public persona that doesn't always eQuate to who and or what they really are...Tupac saw a lot, but doesn't mean he did it himself...does that discredit him as being a great lyricist and one of the greatest rappers of all time? by no means...rappers need to realize their influence and do things that will cause positive reactions to their music...they need to realize that someone buying an album of yours is not the ultimate "positive"

exactly like in "trapped" he's rappin bout crooked police arrestin him and shit when in real life he never had a confliction with a crooked cop but after that song there was that oakland police incident where they beat the shit out of him just for jaywalking and all that...but like in "trapped" he was talkin bout how he saw it in other people's perspectives he himself never been through that shit...u think eminem takes as much drugs as he says he does in his raps..listen to his slim shady ego more than 88% of that shit is all words
Send a message via AIM to Mentor Send a message via MSN to Mentor   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-06, 08:53 PM   #36
SerB
....S.....

IP: 329A 17E6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuck
Another one gone.

Is it time we all attempted to make a change in rap for good.!!

Ridding of the glamorized gun play, gangbanging and all that shit that kids will be growing up hearing and thinking its cool to do?!!

When will it stop?!!!!

stop being a pussy.

man up.

Majority of rappers start life Alot worse before they get into rap serious.
Old 04-12-06, 10:19 PM   #37
47.29" of Zigs
my alliance is with ganja

IP: 5C21 D95C

i think this is all gay

-[p-S-a]-
2003-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings
concidering that i've got compliments from girls off of rv from that pic makes me wonder where your pictures are.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Diabolic.
Oh and lk I got a serious question 2 ask u baby from me 2u. Will u marry me and be my wife, and the mother of my kids and all?

Send a message via AIM to 47.29 Send a message via MSN to 47.29   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-06, 10:34 PM   #38
Compose

IP: 8EA7 271B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
I doubt someone in the hood sees Terminator then goes out to blow up a big rig.

roflmao @ blowin up a big rig, that'd be mad funny to me actually if someone did that cuz of terminator
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 04-12-06, 10:43 PM   #39
47.29" of Zigs
my alliance is with ganja

IP: 5C21 D95C

would it

cuz i do that shit all the time

-[p-S-a]-
2003-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings
concidering that i've got compliments from girls off of rv from that pic makes me wonder where your pictures are.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Diabolic.
Oh and lk I got a serious question 2 ask u baby from me 2u. Will u marry me and be my wife, and the mother of my kids and all?

Send a message via AIM to 47.29 Send a message via MSN to 47.29   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-06, 11:03 PM   #40
locknes
its WU muthafucka

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 246D 7E9E

look this thread is pointless because there is some one who is always gonna complain about hip hop the, backpack rappers will complain the theres not enough skill in the game.

the concious cats will complain that rap is to violent

the gansta rappers will complain that there not talkin about the streets

the horrorcore rappers will complain theres not enough imagery

just accept hip hop for what it is instead of what its not .
Old 04-12-06, 11:29 PM   #41
noname
Coming to Kill you All

Text Record: 43-20
IP: B4DB 82C9

Quote:
Originally Posted by locknes
look this thread is pointless because there is some one who is always gonna complain about hip hop the, backpack rappers will complain the theres not enough skill in the game.

the concious cats will complain that rap is to violent

the gansta rappers will complain that there not talkin about the streets

the horrorcore rappers will complain theres not enough imagery

just accept hip hop for what it is instead of what its not .

^Best post in this thread.
Send a message via AIM to noname   Reply With Quote