RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-05, 09:33 PM   #1
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

Cassidy -- I'ma Hustla

IP: 7171 290E

Jea i copped dat hoe -- courtesy of my nigga Tizzle.

Ok this is Cass' 2nd LP...this album is getting sum street buzz like no other, the hype on this album is among the most ever. rightfully so, after every1 anticipated cass' first album n it was a MAJOR FLOP...cass attributed it to his thoughts that he was forced to conform to the likes of the industry n go soft club bangers, so he wasn't himself. So this album really lets us now how Cass is on tha mic. We all know hes a legend in tha freestlye/underground industry. but this album was key because it will most likely MAKE OR BREAK his career.

alright here we go:

1. The Problem vs. The Hustla [intro] - the theme of the intro is a battle between the two split personlaties of Cassidy, "The Problem" n "The Hustla" cass, or "The Problem" comes out n spits an effortless dope flow. Then "The Problem" steps up and delivers just as well, this continues back and forth for two more times. ending up in a win for "The Hustla". 9.5/10

2. I'ma Hustla - WE ALL have heard this song, if you havn't, you should go home n slit your wrists cuz u dont kno rap for shit then. This song is produced by Swizz Beats [as is most of the album]. Overall, this song is dope as fuck 10/10. Jea, Nigga aks about me...

3. On The Grind - Basically Cass uses an older Fat Joe beat with a few added effects. Basically Cass raps about his steady hustle no how he came about. Shit is Fire. 10/10

4. Crack - beat= dope , chorus= dope, flow= on point, cass flowin bout movin dat weight, gettin his hustle on, dis nigga is obviously fa real. 9/10

5. B-Boy Stance - this song is going to be played for a LONG TIME, the chorus is hot as fuck! 'Said im chillin da club in my b-boi stance -- my hoodie on wit my gun in my pants -- im fresh ta yes!"...no doubt dis nigga made a hit on tha reals..10/10

6. AM to tha PM - one of tha hardest songs out...once again cass flows on how he keeps his hustle hard, dope track, no doubt 10/10..."cuz if niggas got beef ima spray'em wen i see'em"

7. Can't Fade Me [Ft/Nas & Quan] - slow vibe track no doubt, cassidy, nas, n quan collab to let tha world know there here to stay, whether u hate'em or love'em. 9/10

8. Kick It With You [Ft/Mario] - i myself was disappointed when i heard a soft track like this on cassidy's album, because iw as under the impression that he hated this kinda shit and was done with impressing the females. But after a couple quik listens, the track isn't all that bad at all. 106 & Park will prolly give it a couple plays...no doubt.. 8.5/10

9. C-Bionics - Once again Swizzy produced ANOTHER dope beat, and once again cass ripped ANOTHER dope beat. This producer/artist duo is seems almost unstoppable. this is yet another hot track that only a true rap fan would appreciate. 10/10

10. Bellybutton - ANOTHER track for the ladies, OK maybe i was mistaken lol. Cass obviously still wants to show love for the females. Cass speats a few effortless flows on how he could treat uh female right...8.5/10

11. Get'em - The beat on this track is very interesting , it has an old school vibe, with a new school rhythym, and a screwed cut feel. Not to mention that cassidy's flow is on flow like no other. This kid is the holy dopeness in tha flesh..no doubt...9.5/10

12. So Long [Ft/Raekwon n Moshanda] - Yet Another track the females, nothing really to explain about this track, its pretty nice, not something id jam in tha whip, but its still a good listen. 8/10

13. 6 Minutes Of Death [Ft/Lil Wayne n Fabolous] - 3 words for ya, DOPE-AS-FUCK!! this has possibly tha best line-up ever for any track. We all know weezy has been doin his thing, especially wit "tha Carter". And Fab, tha most underrated dope MC ever, all of his albums have been hot but never got much buzz. This track comes at you like whoa, the hype i had for this track is matched, easily. Anyone who says they aren't impressed by the track either doesn't appreciate rap, or didn't listen to the whole track. 11/10...word

14. The Message - this is another dope vibe track, cass raps on what its like bein black and how we all need to unite n fight together, cuz bein black aint eazy. word to that nigga...this a very intelligent and dope track. 10/10

15. I'ma Hustla Remix [Ft/ Mary J Blige] - a hot ass remix to a hot ass song, basically. mary's vocals are a great addition to the track, not to mention Mary even spits a quasi-flow [semi flow/singin]...dope ending track. 9/10

OVERALL- 9.75/10...almost 10...add 2 more tracks and take away "Belly button" and u gotta 10

This album is possibly one of the dopest ive ever owned. Cassidy deffinately fulfilled ALL OF THE HYPE. This nigga is for real, no doubt. If this is the real cassidy, then this nigga is godlike on tha mic. To be honest, i wasn't a cassidy fan at first, i thought he was overrated. That was then, this is now, and now i know THA TRUTH. Now all we gotta do is get him cleared of them murder charges

get at me if u got any ideas for reviews i should do

My Niggas Dont Groove We Jus Bust A Move
N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

www.myspace.com/imthakingpsc
Send a message via AIM to $wollzilla™ Send a message via Yahoo to $wollzilla™   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-05, 09:36 PM   #2
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

^buy this album...ASAP

N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

Send a message via AIM to $wollzilla™ Send a message via Yahoo to $wollzilla™   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-05, 10:58 PM   #3
Ltizzle
Seattle Hat Wit A Lean

Graphics Record: 17-5
IP: 2B9D 28F8

weerd man...
6mins of death mah favorite track on the cd hands down....bumpin it now
shit is crazy, first time i heard it the only words i could say was...oh my god..
lmao props on another nice review cuz
and thanx for the boyz n da hood...

---------------------------
Lucky Boy Beats: Owner & Producer
http://www.myspace.com/luckyboybeats
----------------------------------------------
Gunn Play: Rv's Original Duo
Dash Canceling To A Computer Near You

MAS ON EM! 4 LIFE

Send a message via AIM to Ltizzle   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-05, 11:16 PM   #4
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 0825 899A

damn I actually might get this now.Thanks
Old 06-27-05, 01:27 AM   #5
Hoodz Prophet
^Hoodz Legend^

Text Record: 5-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 3-0
IP: BB2C 69E1

damn this CD iz dope as FUCK....my favorite track iz C-Bionics BRAZY ASS FLOW plus a DOPE ASS BEAT = Cassidy wooorrddd

Gunn Play: RV's Original Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid
your the dopest at everything ive ever seen you do
Send a message via AIM to Hoodz Prophet   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-05, 02:19 AM   #6
XxXNotoriousLaLa
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 56DF 700A

His album is tight...the only song i dont like is his collab wit Mario...but other than that his album is worth ya money
Old 06-27-05, 04:59 AM   #7
Magic5

IP: 6EB9 28C9

It's commerical as fuck.. Meaning, wack..
Old 06-27-05, 11:02 AM   #8
Sixth Sense
Banned: For Being So Fly.....lol....my new account is Triple Sixes....

IP: 0D11 88C9

yo nice review yea i gon cop this rite now it mite be cassidy's last album....though that hes in jail.....

STARTING 2MORROW I WILL BE TRIPLE SIXES THATS GON BE MY NEW ACCOUNT SO THATS ME AIGHT CUZ IM SO FLY......LOL
Send a message via MSN to Sixth Sense   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-05, 04:18 PM   #9
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

lol word^....lets hope not tho cuz dat nigga nice as fuck

N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

Old 06-30-05, 05:57 PM   #10
Kajal
Flyweight

IP: CF33 35B5

the only ones i think are fire are..

crack.
c-bonics.
i'ma hustla.
6 minutes of death.
am to the pm.
b-boy stance.

i actually think that, cant fade me was a dissapointment .
but yeah, most the beats were tight on this album.
Old 07-05-05, 12:11 PM   #11
CataclyzM-i-C
Beantown's Finest

Text Record: 3-1
IP: 81CE 2F6B

this cd is str8 FIREEEEEEE...nuff sed !
Old 07-05-05, 05:05 PM   #12
.Ike.
Ike

Audio Record: 3-1
IP: A8DD 1517

i personally like how he battles himself in The Problem vs. The Hustla......this is definitely a good album....im feelin it...

On The Grind could be my favorite track....the melody is dope...the hook is nice...

then the collab with fab and weezy.....fab and cass overshine weezy...but still a good track
Send a message via AIM to .Ike.   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-05, 07:24 PM   #13
§JON §YN
New to RV

Text Record: 2-0
IP: C161 9333

Most Of Da Tracs R Serious As Fuck......1st One, C-Bonics, 6 Minutes, The Message, Can't Fade Me......Shit Is ALOT BETTAH Than Tha Problem LOL

|¿Defeatz¿| 2 |¿Lucky Muthafuckaz¿| 0
^^Cum Test Me^^

Gimme Time 2 Tick I Blew Up So Quick Wit "NO ASS" Da Kids Still "Thick"
Shit My Brains Ah Gift From God He Spliffed My Lip Den Got HIGH Off It!!

OMs:
F.Dot Kruger
Addiction
Send a message via AIM to §JON §YN   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-05, 10:10 PM   #14
K-Trini
Banned: Cheating

IP: 4E28 3D80

Album is Hot.I would higly reccomend this album to anyone who loves str8 fire.
Send a message via AIM to K-Trini   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-05, 12:01 AM   #15
[.:D:.]
Deadly

Text Record: 7-2
Audio Record: 3-1
IP: A122 E1D7

i like on the grind...am to the pm that track wit Nas the one wit Raekwon...and number one is hot too...

[.Diabolic:.]
Send a message via AIM to [.:D:.]   Reply With Quote