RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-07, 08:34 AM   #1
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Text Record: 57-16
Audio Record: 8-3
Graphics Record: 0-0
So...I Quit Smoking 7 days ago

IP: 3166 4CF1

i've only had 3 cigs since Friday. 1 Wednesday, 1, Thursday & 1 This morning but they were only points of extreme stress coz im also in the process of finding another job as well...i'm using those nicotine patches as well coz im doin their step down programme which is actually goin quite well...

but the thing is to all my mates & especially my girl, i've become a total prick i'm snapping at everyone i see and it aint a good feeling...

And to make things worse i myself feel like a lump of shit coz im losing sleep through the stress and the no smoking doesnt exactly help me out...

i'm thinkin if i should start up again JUST until everything sorts itself out of if i should just stick it out coz i feel i have been doing well (I went 22 hours without even a patch before i slung one on lol)

but what should i do? should i stick it out coz i've gone a week now and i dont wanna spoil it or should i wait until there's not much goin on and start up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 12:22 PM   #2
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 5A36 D0C3

definitely stick with it... you'll be glad you did.

and http://www.smokeaway.com/

i heard that was the best stop-smoking program... my boy did it and said it worked like a charm. it makes you not even want to SMELL a cigarette.

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 07-27-07, 12:33 PM   #3
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
IP: F175 FBF7

I'd figure it would be better to start smoking again just until all that extra stress leaves. I base this on the logic that doing that is probably better than just fucking up and starting smoking again without planning to do so, thus making it harder next time you try.

But I've never smoked, so I don't have the slightest idea what it's like.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 07-27-07, 01:21 PM   #4
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Text Record: 57-16
Audio Record: 8-3
IP: 3166 4CF1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayboy Sr.
definitely stick with it... you'll be glad you did.

and http://www.smokeaway.com/

i heard that was the best stop-smoking program... my boy did it and said it worked like a charm. it makes you not even want to SMELL a cigarette.

i get 7 x 21mg patches they're definitely working on me overall and they're 24 hour ones...i only pay a fiver coz i know someone (living in a pub ya see)...thing is i wanna continue but with whats goin on, it's not like its an excuse to start again i genuinely need some form of calming down coz of all the shit thats happening at the moment...i swear i'm goin bald...4 hours sleep in 2 days -_- my girls up in Manchester so it's not as if i can see her either...it's all fubar'd lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 01:51 PM   #5
p4ntzistheish
The story goes. Bill, B.

Text Record: 5-4
IP: 606D F99A

I say stick with it just because if you can't put up with the extra stress now, who's to say God Forbid you get stressed down the road you don't relapse. If you can get thru it now then you're fine for anything.
Send a message via AIM to p4ntzistheish Send a message via MSN to p4ntzistheish   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 01:52 PM   #6
chip
pain is weakness leaving the body

IP: 104A BFFB

hmm... i used to smoke, but quit so i could get into shape for basic training (U.S. Marine Corp)... idk what to tell u, i just kinda stopped... it's easier if you save money, like the money u'd use to get ciggarettes and use it on something else you like...

"I don't want to be deep... I want to feel deep and use that feeling to express depth itself..."
-Konchance

my poetry:
untitled
Send a message via AIM to chip   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 03:09 PM   #7
big daddy
Flyweight

Text Record: 1-4
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 233C 41D5

dude just find somthing to fill up the space you cant just get rid of a habit you have to replace it with a good one. get a punching bag or somthing take up magic whatever you like I gaurantee if its somthing you like it will slowly take away the edge and make you sleep easy. just stay with the not smokin you can make it.
Old 07-27-07, 03:21 PM   #8
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
IP: 2998 9024

I smoked for 5 years, then one day said 'the fuck am i smoking for' and stopped.

will power like a mother fuckah
Old 07-27-07, 09:11 PM   #9
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 3223 240D

I'll tell you the easiest way to quit smoking... Don't give a fuck about quitting smoking. If you suddenly decide "OK, from now on I will never smoke a cigarette again in my life," it is so daunting, such a big wall you have to climb over that your failure is basically guaranteed. You didn't even quit smoking, you said you still smoked. So what can you do?

Trick the universe and it won't be against you. Get rid of your intention to quit smoking, and simply decide that tomorrow you aren't going to smoke (with the help of patches and shit of course, because of the physical addiction side of things). If you're successful, you can say to yourself "cool. I guess I'll try not smoking tomorrow as well." You can continue like this for as long as possible. If you do end up smoking, who cares? Just try again the next day.

One thing that might help is keeping a tally of the days you successfully didn't smoke, but only count the days in a row in the tally. It is harder at the beginning, but once you get a few days under your belt you will feel like you don't want to just throw all your hard work away and start again from day one.
Old 07-28-07, 09:46 AM   #10
TitoBronsky
El Padrino

Text Record: 3-0
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: 3C1B 28A8

props to you MD for kicking the Nicotine Beast....

i had a run of 17 days early on this year as a New Years Resolution.... unfortunately .... i couldnt keep that up.... stress got the better of me....

but i do plan on quiting Ciggs this October.... switchin over to rollin my own ciggs... as i hate the tobbaco they sell.... they dont have the Newport Tobbaco... so the stoggies i'll be puffin on will be Ghetto as hell thus resulting in me smokin less and on top of the fact that i HATE any other cig besides a Newport 100..... it should be a lot easier to quit on this next go round

Wolrd Peace

-Don Tito Bronsky

Full Metal Bronsky Dropin 1st Quarter 08'

Send a message via AIM to TitoBronsky Send a message via Yahoo to TitoBronsky   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-07, 04:25 AM   #11
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

IP: 8C06 9571

It's like extremely obese people, they say they'll start doin it in a week, but it just never happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Visions
50 nickle=less than 50 cent, go back to school you idiot
Seangunner@gmail.com
For Anyone Who Wants to Talk to Me

^^I think this explains my view on gangster rap perfectly.
Old 07-29-07, 12:27 PM   #12
BigTony.Self

Text Record: 13-4
Audio Record: 2-1
IP: 5CD9 59A1

Word tito on some yooooo i was gonna quit but went to sit at my compujter chair and the leggs broke off so i had to smoke a cigarette ......GIVE EM UP TITOOOOOOOOOO

Bringing back the oldschool hiphop
Old 07-29-07, 05:40 PM   #13
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTony.Self
Word tito on some yooooo i was gonna quit but went to sit at my compujter chair and the leggs broke off so i had to smoke a cigarette ......GIVE EM UP TITOOOOOOOOOO

lmao thas bad luck man for real