RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-07, 06:08 PM   #1
Zone Out
Power Hungry

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Evolution
No, not wrong. Hate me now is one of nas's worst songs....and when he did it...50% of his fan base jumped ship because they figured he was going pop.....ruff ryders anthem is not even close in comparison to the level of music dmx has made, that hasn't made the radio or atleast gotten play on a cosistent basis. And jigga my nigga is another terrible example...another sub par song from a great artist.....they still do that exact same thing now.....take great artists...and play mediocre songs.....

i have a dream - common, hip hop is dead - nas, hot thing by talib kweli, blue magic - jay-z, less than an hour by nas...WU TANG IS BACK ON THE RADIO.....what more could you fucking ask for...seriously....i just named anywhere from 6-10 songs that they are playing on the radio now...that are all much better in quality and content then the songs you used for examples to argue my point.

WTF? Are you a mountain climber that plays an electric guitar?
lmfao @ You speaking on another's man's fanbase. Nas' Hate Me Now was NO WHERE NEAR pop music. And Ruff Ryders Anthem came out it was when Ruff Ryders had shit on smash. You're not arguing a point, you're just being oblivious to the facts to try to prove your case.
But I see right thru that.
btw, that Blue Magic shit is wack as fuck. Saying that that song is even half way decent or even better than Jigga my Nigga is an insult to Jay.
Kill yourself or dont speak on hip hop.

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-07, 05:33 PM   #2
Fly-E
Addicted

IP:

lolplies is hood and thats why i say that nigga is good! Jeezy is real no matter wat he spits the truth like his first album but were all intitled to our own opionin and u dont like em and i do and all ur points were correct so i agree wit u to a point!
Old 11-06-07, 02:48 AM   #3
Zone Out
Power Hungry

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly-E
lolplies is hood and thats why i say that nigga is good! Jeezy is real no matter wat he spits the truth like his first album but were all intitled to our own opionin and u dont like em and i do and all ur points were correct so i agree wit u to a point!

Plies is hot garbage. I dont give a damn how "hood" or "real" he is, what about his rapping skill? 1 syllable rhyming. LITERALLY 1 syllable rhyming. His delivery is wick wick wack.m Plies is horrible, not to mention he fucks up the english language so much is ridiculious.

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Old 11-06-07, 03:37 PM   #4
Fly-E
Addicted

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone Out
Plies is hot garbage. I dont give a damn how "hood" or "real" he is, what about his rapping skill? 1 syllable rhyming. LITERALLY 1 syllable rhyming. His delivery is wick wick wack.m Plies is horrible, not to mention he fucks up the english language so much is ridiculious.

Ur opionon to r-evo was good but idc wat u say about plies and iwasnt sayin it like he was the greatest right now he aint even in my top 20 but he will be in the road ahead so instead of pissin peeps off wit ur opinons be more open to other niggas thoughts!
Old 11-07-07, 11:28 AM   #5
Zone Out
Power Hungry

IP:

The club music is mediocre. I dont hear a wide variety of conscious shit on the radio. And what exactly is "feel good" music?
If Dre had a new album it will NOT get played. Probably only on the west coast. But otherwise that.. NOPE!

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Old 11-07-07, 02:16 PM   #6
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

IP:

Quote:
The club music is mediocre. I dont hear a wide variety of conscious shit on the radio. And what exactly is "feel good" music?
If Dre had a new album it will NOT get played. Probably only on the west coast. But otherwise that.. NOPE!

Yeah, like i said before...it's a matter of location...feel good music....you've gotta know what that is...it doesn't really fall into any other category that has a more appropriate title....it's music that is just good, that makes you feel good..it's not necessarily concsious....or gangster...or anything....it's just music that has a good balance of production/lyrics/catchy hook............i.e....feel me flow - naughty by nature...that's really the best example there is

as far as dre's album getting played....i suppose it could come down to location like you say..but i really doubt it

Time is not long, and indecision is hells cemment. So the well is rented, untill heaven is relevant. Untill then, to be eloquent, sex cells, so le'ts cellibate.

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

The I.H.C.J.S.F.M.T.R.H.P.M.M.W.T.S.M.S.I.T.F.F.W.A.S. O Crew
Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-07, 03:26 PM   #7
Zone Out
Power Hungry

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Evolution
Yeah, like i said before...it's a matter of location...feel good music....you've gotta know what that is...it doesn't really fall into any other category that has a more appropriate title....it's music that is just good, that makes you feel good..it's not necessarily concsious....or gangster...or anything....it's just music that has a good balance of production/lyrics/catchy hook............i.e....feel me flow - naughty by nature...that's really the best example there is

as far as dre's album getting played....i suppose it could come down to location like you say..but i really doubt it

Word on the feel good. I know what you mean.
Anyway I think location has alot to do with it. They play southern shit way heavier in the south than anywhere else. But the funny thing about Detroit is the radio stations are shitty. All they DO is play southern shit. They bump other shit too though but like alot. I've heard Common plenty of times though. But majority of the places I go all play the same wack shit.

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Old 11-07-07, 07:04 PM   #8
-peter
New to RV

IP:

This is to Decree Wun
Quote:
he's not practically white he's practically neither and no that doesn't give him the right...and i've never heard him say it.

If you think he doesnt say nigga You Should listen to his song I will quote a verse of his.

Song: Make It Rain "That Gonja Green that Cali Weed, a (nigga) lose his life try roll on me"

Song DJ Khaled We Taken Over Fat Joe' Verse: Blat, when you see Crack, better duck
like the mac gotta ease past, nigga what
Shit, I don't give fuck, I run these streets
Y'all talk that shit, I want that beef
I'ma tell you like a g told me
They'll come back quick if a nigga O.D
Old 11-07-07, 09:20 PM   #9
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by -peter
This is to Decree Wun
If you think he doesnt say nigga You Should listen to his song I will quote a verse of his.

Song: Make It Rain "That Gonja Green that Cali Weed, a (nigga) lose his life try roll on me"

Song DJ Khaled We Taken Over Fat Joe' Verse: Blat, when you see Crack, better duck
like the mac gotta ease past, nigga what
Shit, I don't give fuck, I run these streets
Y'all talk that shit, I want that beef
I'ma tell you like a g told me
They'll come back quick if a nigga O.D

what the fuck are you talking about?

Time is not long, and indecision is hells cemment. So the well is rented, untill heaven is relevant. Untill then, to be eloquent, sex cells, so le'ts cellibate.

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-07, 07:17 PM   #10
Zone Out
Power Hungry

IP:

^Huh.. damn, when did I say that?

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Old 12-26-07, 05:22 PM   #11
42-Keyz
Flyweight

IP:

lol
hip hop is talk that niqqas in poverty can always make sumthin of theyself.. plain and simple

42 Keez__Phenom1__SKePTiK
ReppiN

www.soundclick.com/keezproductionz
Send a message via Yahoo to 42-Keyz   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-08, 03:29 AM   #12
Valor
A Reflection Of The Past

IP:

werdness....to me hip-hop is my alternate culture
Old 02-22-08, 04:26 PM   #13
SkepTik
Herb

IP:

Hip-Hop is a way of life Not only is it 4-5 elements (If you seperate beatboxing) Its a style, a culture, a swager in which one who embarasses hip-hop always carry with them. Hip-hop is to me a element and also an emotion I LOVE HIP_HOP!!!
Old 02-23-08, 02:20 AM   #14
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkepTik
a swager in which one who embarasses hip-hop always carry with them.

i don't think there is any definition that can be put into human language...without taking something away from hip hop...but if we are speaking hypothetically...I have to say...I like that part that i quoted...way to contribute.

Old 01-13-09, 09:08 PM   #15
Debiscuz
New to RV

IP:

Hip-Hop is a lifestyle, an art form and a form of self expression