RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Verse 4 Verse
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-09, 09:48 AM   #1
Civil.
What' it do?

Verse 4 Verse Rules

IP: 9FBF 8B23

Verse 4 Verse

For the regular season you are expected to drop a battle verse between 1-2+ minutes long. You know what to do, diss your opponent. In Addition If you want to set a pre-determined limit, then just ok it with your opponent and I don't have a problem if that exceeds 2 minutes.I will completely leave this up to you guys each week. However It cannot be under a minute, that is all I ask. Just have the courtesy of telling your opponent your going to drop 48, so he isn't dropping some 16 against it. At the least, always try to match each other, obviously. If no time limit is suggested, than the default of 1-2 minutes comes in.

Sign Ins/Outs

You will be permitted to sign into the league up untill week 10. After this deadline you must wait untill the next season to sign in. **Exception** If you are already in the league PAST week 8, you are allowed to sign back in as long as coincides with the regular season. You cannot sign out for more than 2 weeks, and you cannot sign out after week 12 and still get back in before playoffs. This is obviously to keep it in all fairness to the other competitors.

Some of this might vary upon how many contendors we have this time around. Fortunately we were able to learn few things from last seasons sign ins so follow that. But we shall see. 4 weeks should be ample time though for a sign in if you want in the league for the entire run.

Duration

This league is going to run 16 weeks for the regular season, with a playoff period to follow leading right up to the championship. Playoff period to be determined based on number of people that sign up and the number of people the league will be cut to when entering the playoffs.

Voting

This only makes the league better and run smoothly. There is no reason that after a few days of voting that a winner is not determined. As competitors, it is YOUR duty to vote, lets not make it habit to not do it. You will be deducted 3 votes for every Champ and/or Contender Match you don't vote on..And Minus 1 vote for every link you do not post in your Battle Thread..So keep in Mind you must have 4 battles voted on each week, including 4 links posted in your thread for matches you have voted on..
Voting by Category will no longer be tolerated..
EXAMPLE:
Me vs You
Punches: You
Flow: Me
Vote: You
Any Voting such as this will be DQ'd..if we must keep DQ'ing your vote you will be BANNED..
If you dont have a match up, dont even vote unless your a mod.

Voting Continued..
Due to the lack in quality of votes all votes deemed inadequate will be DQ'd and you still have to vote on the specific amount of battles. After your vote is DQ'd due to Inadequate feed back that vote will not count whatsoever. Enough with the one and two lined breakdown for both opponents. All votes shall be a minimum of 4 lines a piece breakdown for each opponent with a conclusion breakdown of the battle. If you do not vote to the standards you shall be penalized and if you continue to get penalized you will be either barred from participation or banned. This is your warning.

Schedules

Battles will be set every Monday morning. Battles will be due Friday 11:59 PM EST. Voting will close Sunday 11:59 PM EST.<--This time could vary based on y'all cooperating with the suggested rule above. Close of voting may exceed midnight into Monday. Regardless I will do my best to have them up by the end of Monday. Possible extensions in voting will be allotted if by the time the new battles are to be set that a winner is not determined. Hopefully the voting rule will eliminate this though.

Extensions, Posting Late and No Show's

The WILL NO LONGER BE EXTENSION GIVIN! Seeing as the league can't seem to get their verses/battles in on friday and always seem to drop on Saturday which is in actuallity the extention date, no more extentions are to be giving. It makes no sense to take 6 days to drop a 2 min verse. We understand you all have lives but DAMN so do we and other members of the league and still people get their battles in on Friday. It's not fair for others to get 6 days and the rest gets 5. Hell some of you take 7 days. No more if you haven't dropped your battle on Saturday you will be DQ'd and/or Booted from the league for a period of 2 Weeks. If for some strange reason you get a chance to post your verse on Sunday 3 Votes will automatically be against you starting you with -3. Enough with the bullshit ABL do your shit in a timely manner and post it up. If you NO SHOW 3 times in any order of the ABL SEASON you will be Banned from Battling until the next V4V SEASON begins. So, be sure to show cause 3 STRIKES and your OUT !

Aliases

You are only permitted to sign and post in this forum under one name, the name you signed up with. (If you have a legit reason, we'll talk) There is too much confusion about who is who and I'm not about to IP check all of you. FAILING TO ABIDE BY THIS RULE WILL RESULT IN AUTOMATIC VOTE DEDUCTION AND POSSIBILITY OF REMOVAL. (Pun intended ) But seriously, don't do it.

Check Ins

All V4V Battlers MUST check in by Wednesday.. If you do not, you will lose your battle period, no exceptions. And the opponent will still have to drop a Soundclick to recieve their win or it will be a Double DQ..NO SOUNDCLICK, NO WIN..So don't expect to get the easy way out . Be Prepared, Don't Be Lazy..
Old 01-29-09, 09:50 AM   #2
Civil.
What' it do?

How its ran...

Elrey's whole concept of an audio 1-2 format, called bar for bar. Really wasn't turnin many audio battlers heads. Now, i'm not going to sit here and tell you that his concept for this tournament wasn't a good idea, because I thought it was dope. Its just that.. in general, getting all the battlers to participate accordingly in an AUDIO tournament. Is extremely, extremely difficult. I understand that you people have lives. I do too.
I also know that fulfilling a verse for an audio tournament, an audio league,
or even an audio battle. Is MUCH more time consuming, than doing a regular
text verse. I know about it all, and with that said. I will NOT be taking any excuses.

I have taken this over, and I will be running a verse for verse tournament here.

The general idea is similar to GBA, and the format is actually pretty simple. A topic will be provided each week and you as members/battlers in the tournament will have to spit to that topic.

Each week, contains a different theme!

For example, In week 1 our theme was rapper .vs rapper, and of course the object is to just crush your opponent in every angle. His or her character
in general. The background, the picture. Anything that we, as individuals
in the every day world know about that person. Or say for instance its
celebrity .vs celebrity or an object .vs object. or movie .vs movie. You just
diss your opponent as accurately and as harsh as possible. For whatever
he, it, and what it is.

The tournament thus far. Has already had issues involving battlers NOT showing, and that is unacceptable. However, getting individuals to particpate
in audio. Isn't easy, so you most likely won't be booted. But if you do no show
you will recieve a loss which will be added onto your record.

This tournament has 2 due dates

Round 1.

Battler A) Spits 16-48 Bars

Round 2.

Battler B) Spits 16-48 bars

Thats it. Voting will be a must in this tournament. We have dope individuals here. So lets bring out some heat out..

Last edited by Kris Stubbs. : 01-29-09 at 12:01 PM.
Send a message via AIM to Civil. Send a message via MSN to Civil.   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 10:06 AM   #3
Civil.
What' it do?

oh....and did i forget to mention.

CASH MONEY TO THE WINNER!!

100 bucks, check, money order, pay pal, however u want it.

Last edited by Kris Stubbs. : 01-29-09 at 12:02 PM.
Send a message via AIM to Civil. Send a message via MSN to Civil.   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-09, 12:22 PM   #4
Civil.
What' it do?

*Added

From here on out, the theme will remain
Personal Song .vs Personal Song
however, each week the type of personal song will change

... for example

club banger .vs club banger....r & b song .vs r & b song. etc etc.