RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-06, 01:36 AM   #1
$hani¢e
..::Hέªяτвяέªκέя::..

From: So I can have little net-peeping toms? I don't think so
Arrow Fakes in the pic threads

IP: 6007 2BEE

It's a new year with new members, so I'm hoping for new feedback. I cannot begin to fathom why anyone would be part of an online community and pretend to be someone they're not. Are there any fakes out there that are bold enough to give me better understanding of this? I'm making various scenarios in my mind and cannot grasp any positive outcomes in any situation. Okay, here we go:

What satisfaction does one get when they receive compliments on photos that don't belong to them?

Why be happy that you're getting lots of attention when the attention is focused on the person whose identity you're stealing?

You form relationships with these members. I'm sure, at some point, they would like to meet you. What happens then? Why give others false hope in seeing someone that you're not?

If you're fake, why defend yourself and state that you're whoever you're pretending to be when you're not actually them?

I'm really starting to receive some brain damage thinking of fake situations and why someone would go on with it. What low self-esteem, insecurities, or flaws does one have that they're not comfortable being themselves?

On another note, why bother exposing them? I saw a thread the other day that was umteen pages long. And I wondered how one could benefit themselves by exposing the "fake". Why go out of your way just to expose someone ON A RAP FORUM. Jesus. Go write or something.

Feel free to disagree with me and elaborate in any manner.

I laugh at you bitches.
Send a message via MSN to $hani¢e   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-06, 01:41 AM   #2
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: DF0F 5875

Because they're not you and get clowned for the smallest imperfection on their face. I swear a girl could come to this site with a face like jessica alba and they'd be all "lmfao @ your mole on your neck, fuckin ugly bitch". Just because. And plus they have low self esteem and need to fill that void with compliments.
Old 03-09-06, 01:43 AM   #3
$hani¢e

Why would peoples opinion over the internet matter though? Are they paying your rent? Do you know them in person? No. So why would it leave you distraught if some person you will most likely never meet bothered you?

I laugh at you bitches.
Old 03-09-06, 01:46 AM   #4
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: DF0F 5875

Quote:
Originally Posted by $hani¢e
Why would peoples opinion over the internet matter though? Are they paying your rent? Do you know them in person? No. So why would it leave you distraught if some person you will most likely never meet bothered you?

I guess it's the same reason people who use bitten raps in the OM forum. I think it's just the need for support and positive feedback. Low ass self esteem again. -_- And for the dumbasses who go out their way to expose them is obviously in love and feel betrayed.
Old 03-09-06, 01:50 AM   #5
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: FC30 7384

Quote:
Originally Posted by $hani¢e
It's a new year with new members, so I'm hoping for new feedback. I cannot begin to fathom why anyone would be part of an online community and pretend to be someone they're not.

They do it for othes aproval so people think more of them, even if it's not really them. For the same reason rappers act like they're hardcore and seek street credibility when they actually drink Perier sparkling bottled water and cry to episodes of Oprah.
Quote:
Are there any fakes out there that are bold enough to give me better understanding of this? I'm making various scenarios in my mind and cannot grasp any positive outcomes in any situation. Okay, here we go:

What satisfaction does one get when they receive compliments on photos that don't belong to them?

Why be happy that you're getting lots of attention when the attention is focused on the person whose identity you're stealing?

The approval thing again.
Quote:
You form relationships with these members. I'm sure, at some point, they would like to meet you. What happens then? Why give others false hope in seeing someone that you're not?

Funny you should mention that, because I know a guy who got busted for saying he was black, posted "his" pic (of some unknowing black dude) and eventually got busted! People knew him for years on the board he was on and felt decieved and couldn't see why he did it.
Quote:
If you're fake, why defend yourself and state that you're whoever you're pretending to be when you're not actually them?

I'm really starting to receive some brain damage thinking of fake situations and why someone would go on with it. What low self-esteem, insecurities, or flaws does one have that they're not comfortable being themselves?

Their insecurities that commercials, magazines, billboards, and MTV/BET/VH1 play out for them and tell them that they need in order ot be cool/popular/smart/attractive/needed/respected/etc. "If you don't have a 6 pack, you're nobody! if you don't have big breasts, you're nobody! If you got any acne, you're nobody! braces, a limp, a lazy eye, new haircut, the most expensive clothes, a gucci bag, iced out chains, a boyfriend/girlfriend, don't give head, want to wait to have sex, etc - YOU'RE NOBODY!!" <---this is the message pumped to people everywhere they turn, others internalize it and believe it then impose it on you, you believe it, you internalize it and impose it on another and so on. It's not cool to just be happy with who you are and live your life.

Quote:
On another note, why bother exposing them? I saw a thread the other day that was umteen pages long. And I wondered how one could benefit themselves by exposing the "fake". Why go out of your way just to expose someone ON A RAP FORUM. Jesus. Go write or something.

Feel free to disagree with me and elaborate in any manner.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-06, 03:21 AM   #6
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 586B 2294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
Because they're not you and get clowned for the smallest imperfection on their face. I swear a girl could come to this site with a face like jessica alba and they'd be all "lmfao @ your mole on your neck, fuckin ugly bitch". Just because. And plus they have low self esteem and need to fill that void with compliments.

Nah..

If a chick came to this site that looked like jessica alba..

Shed get about 50 crackpots that would drool over her and try to pretend their players and e-pimp her...
Old 03-09-06, 03:43 AM   #7
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: C98F 1FA2

I swear ive never seen you post except in the members mugshots forum, and now this thread.
Old 03-09-06, 08:25 AM   #8
$hani¢e

Welllllll, now you see me.

I laugh at you bitches.
Old 03-09-06, 03:30 PM   #9
Paper View
Motivation=Money

Text Record: 1-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 5BA2 D85A

I dont want no groupie bitches runnin after me if i ever make it big guarantee i'll have a gimmick some kinda mask or something... Rey Mysterio of Hip Hop

DRAINED EMOTIONS

MY CONFESSION

^PEEP AND I'LL RTF^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Dolla
*tears up* You bastard you unlocked some of my deepest feelings with this OM. But on the real thats real. I was really feeling this OM cuz i can relate to it.

^^^My OM is that dope^^^