RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Word on the street > Audio Assistance
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-06, 04:09 PM   #1
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
Test your Marketability II

IP: 5375 4429

Long overdue and much needed. With a deep history with music and who knows how many connections inside the business I'm likely the most qualified person to do this. No matter who you are, drop a link to your music page and the name of 3 songs, I'll give my objective observation of your musical development, style, presentation and more importantly, your marketability.

P.S. Help me help you. Choose 3 songs and 3 songs only. Additionally, don't say "pick what ever 3 you want" because I'll realistically end up picking none. You could submit a list of 10, 20, 50, or 1000, I'm still gonna go for the first 3. Now lets get it!

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Last edited by Apexx : 06-26-06 at 06:25 PM.
Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-06, 04:13 PM   #2
Past Tense
On The Air - COMIN JAN 07

IP: BACC 8E92

www.soundclick.com/starofthecitymixtape

Pure Thought ft. You
Swoll Up ft. Klutch
Hop On In ft. Re'Von

im sure you've heard all the tracks on my page

but lemme know whats up

ADD ME LETS MAKE SOMETHING
Old 06-26-06, 04:14 PM   #3
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 94A2 DED2

12 Quick Bars
Threat
For Angie (just because it has something chorus-like)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pag...m?bandID=301790

kthnx

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 06-26-06, 04:14 PM   #4
13th.
©

Text Record: 14-4
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 2-0
IP: 5A0B 42FA

www.soundclick.com/madknight

1.Easily Caged (EC Diss)
2. Curious......gotta have a track for the ladies! lol
3.End of my Life ...... im first verse! (its uploading now!)
if it hasnt upload by the time u go 2 listen then Pull Ya Self Together will do!
thanks!

Last edited by Scott Eti : 06-26-06 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-26-06, 04:25 PM   #5
Jay Rose
I don't lose

Audio Record: 7-1
IP: A68E 9D69

okay here it goes.....

GO CRAZY - fuckin around with a club type - http://www.soundclick.com/bands/son...&songID=4114836

AGAIN - on a love type trip....for the girls workin that neyo angle... haha - http://www.soundclick.com/bands/son...&songID=3818463

LIKE A MOVIE - on that deep real type stuff...mostly for indy labels cuz mainstream doesnt do too much of this, although that whered you go thing made it out - http://www.soundclick.com/bands/son...&songID=4104071

SAVE THYSELF (REMIX) - and a bonus one if you feel you have extra time, for the ever so fast growing christian rap market song ft your best friend tha Q. - http://www.soundclick.com/bands/son...&songID=3878689

granted id be re-doing these songs with studio quality and stuff yep hit me up

well i thought about the army
dad said, son you're fucking high
and i thought, yeah there's a first for everything
so i took my old man's advice
three sad semesters
it was only fifteen grand spent in bed
i thought about the army
i dropped out and joined a band instead

Old 06-26-06, 04:31 PM   #6
7.Curse
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
IP: EECB F471

i hate that these arent even my 3 best songs...but whateva

www.soundclick.com/7curse

I Hate You
My Hip Hop
One Shot

enjoy

"Its not poker, but ill break ya ass wit one hand "

Send a message via AIM to 7.Curse   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-06, 04:40 PM   #7
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Past Tense
www.soundclick.com/starofthecitymixtape

Pure Thought ft. You
Swoll Up ft. Klutch
Hop On In ft. Re'Von

im sure you've heard all the tracks on my page

but lemme know whats up

Past Tense, you're fortunate in a lot of regards man, you float a line that not many MC's can float. Your story type tracks have substance and you can still do clubby tracks. Your voice is clear and distinct and only sounds like yours, so it's easily recognizable. You're pretty skilled with hooks, but based on those 3 songs you might start to sound redundant after an album full of songs because they're all done in a relativley similar fashion. Also, I noticed that you rely on full overdubs on slower songs, which is great when used sparingly, but typically you'll want to use less layers on the more meaningful songs and just come in with adlibs. You have a bassy voice, you just have to learn how to use it in a solo form to give your overall style more reach and variety.

I think right now, as an artist, your fanbase could be a wide variety of people, from thuggas to the ladies and back. You have a story to tell that you should be putting out more to reinforce the image of you. Musically, you discuss who you were, and who you are, but you need to delve more of the termoil in the transitions. People connect to that pain. Personally, I'd like to see some tracks on topics you havent' done before, or add some writing elements that you dont' currently use much just for spontainaity and to throw that surprise factor into the mix. You know, tread a little more on the outskirts of your comfort zone. You already have the ability. You could get a venue at most clubs, musically speaking, I don't know much about your image, body language or personal presentation. You'd do well from a few hype tracks with some heavy lyrical attacks like multis or rhyme scheme juggling. You could hop on a song with anyone.

Definitely one of the more consistently good artists. Just a little a little fine tuning to your actual catalog of songs and you'd be pretty much a finished product ready for marketing.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-06, 04:46 PM   #8
Past Tense
On The Air - COMIN JAN 07

IP: BACC 8E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
Past Tense, you're fortunate in a lot of regards man, you float a line that not many MC's can float. Your story type tracks have substance and you can still do clubby tracks. Your voice is clear and distinct and only sounds like yours, so it's easily recognizable. You're pretty skilled with hooks, but based on those 3 songs you might start to sound redundant after an album full of songs because they're all done in a relativley similar fashion. Also, I noticed that you rely on full overdubs on slower songs, which is great when used sparingly, but typically you'll want to use less layers on the more meaningful songs and just come in with adlibs. You have a bassy voice, you just have to learn how to use it in a solo form to give your overall style more reach and variety.

I think right now, as an artist, your fanbase could be a wide variety of people, from thuggas to the ladies and back. You have a story to tell that you should be putting out more to reinforce the image of you. Musically, you discuss who you were, and who you are, but you need to delve more of the termoil in the transitions. People connect to that pain. Personally, I'd like to see some tracks on topics you havent' done before, or add some writing elements that you dont' currently use much just for spontainaity and to throw that surprise factor into the mix. You know, tread a little more on the outskirts of your comfort zone. You already have the ability. You could get a venue at most clubs, musically speaking, I don't know much about your image, body language or personal presentation. You'd do well from a few hype tracks with some heavy lyrical attacks like multis or rhyme scheme juggling. You could hop on a song with anyone.

Definitely one of the more consistently good artists. Just a little a little fine tuning to your actual catalog of songs and you'd be pretty much a finished product ready for marketing.

Def. good lookin out on that i'mma use what you said..and i'll hit you up on aim with questions..i dont wanna clog the thread

ADD ME LETS MAKE SOMETHING
Old 06-26-06, 05:00 PM   #9
Konvict_NYC
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 2A7A AA6E

www.soundclick.com/konvictnyc

"Poppas"

"Goobye"

"Im Back"

Thanks

N.O.K

SpuL - 10/10
Shere Kaughn - 10/10
Speats - 20/10
and more

Send a message via AIM to Konvict_NYC Send a message via MSN to Konvict_NYC   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-06, 05:02 PM   #10
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic.
12 Quick Bars
Threat
For Angie (just because it has something chorus-like)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pag...m?bandID=301790

kthnx

Soc, or Phantom or "Logic" or [insert your preffered name]. You'd benefit from some EQing. Some of your punches in this submission were kinda flat, sounded like you were just going though the motions. Some of the flow was rushed to get all the syls in one line which some word replacement and syl conservation would easily repair. You have a voice that you can do stuff with, but you don't know how to use it to even a quarter it's potential, mostly because of lackluster recording gear. Your beat choices are "underground" style and many people wont like them. Types of beats that were in style in the mid to late 90's but are a little clapped out today. You'd benefit substantially from different beats in the same moods as the ones you're selecting, as well as some gear that'll reinforce your voice instead of just forcing it.

Right now, I wouldn't say that you're "marketable" to a large audience. Pretty much small select audiences or particular target markets, like people who like their hip hop "light". Not to say that you lack content, just that your music is considered 'light rap', which carries with it a small and particular demograpghic, mostly found on the net. Purists to some extents, out-of-the-loop in other extents. Your potential fanbase will swell when you pull away from these "deep" tracks and expand your catalog. You have to break that 'average' of "another deep track" since no one will want to listen to just that all the time, deep tracks are only listened to SOME of the time, whne they're appropriate. Also, stop making excuses for roughspots in your songs, just correct them. You can't progress by halfassing.

BTW, this sounds more like 24 bars. at 91bpm, the beat goes on for 28 bars, and you spit for 24 of them.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 06-26-06, 05:10 PM   #11
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
IP: 94A2 DED2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
Soc, or Phantom or "Logic" or [insert your preffered name]. You'd benefit from some EQing. Some of your punches in this submission were kinda flat, sounded like you were just going though the motions. Some of the flow was rushed to get all the syls in one line which some word replacement and syl conservation would easily repair. You have a voice that you can do stuff with, but you don't know how to use it to even a quarter it's potential, mostly because of lackluster recording gear. Your beat choices are "underground" style and many people wont like them. Types of beats that were in style in the mid to late 90's but are a little clapped out today. You'd benefit substantially from different beats in the same moods as the ones you're selecting, as well as some gear that'll reinforce your voice instead of just forcing it.

Right now, I wouldn't say that you're "marketable" to a large audience. Pretty much small select audiences or particular target markets, like people who like their hip hop "light". Not to say that you lack content, just that your music is considered 'light rap', which carries with it a small and particular demograpghic, mostly found on the net. Purists to some extents, out-of-the-loop in other extents. Your potential fanbase will swell when you pull away from these "deep" tracks and expand your catalog. You have to break that 'average' of "another deep track" since no one will want to listen to just that all the time, deep tracks are only listened to SOME of the time, whne they're appropriate. Also, stop making excuses for roughspots in your songs, just correct them. You can't progress by halfassing.

BTW, this sounds more like 24 bars. at 91bpm, the beat goes on for 28 bars, and you spit for 24 of them.

Thanks and shit. I'll work on it.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 06-26-06, 05:51 PM   #12
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Eti
www.soundclick.com/madknight

1.Easily Caged (EC Diss)
2. Curious......gotta have a track for the ladies! lol
3.End of my Life ...... im first verse! (its uploading now!)
if it hasnt upload by the time u go 2 listen then Pull Ya Self Together will do!
thanks!

scott Eti sorry man, your quality makes it impossible to accurately observe your ability. There's too much sound bleed on that E C diss. That song Curious is a little clearer, mainly because you kept the adlibs off. You gotta step your mixing game up before you're ready for this thread man, cuz as it is with quality like you're not gonna be marketable in any market due to sound quality alone.

On that song "pull your self together" it sounds like your lyrics are too sparse over the beat so you have huge gaps inbetween the words which robs you of fluidity and therefore a "flow". seems to be a common factor in your tracks too, more prevelant on some songs than it is on others. This is about the most I can say for you right now with all things considered. 1

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 06-26-06, 05:57 PM   #13
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

IP: 9B70 36C7

Scared cuz these are old but

www.soundclick.com/therevelation

ATW Anthem
Let Me In Collab
Speak On It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Visions
50 nickle=less than 50 cent, go back to school you idiot
Seangunner@gmail.com
For Anyone Who Wants to Talk to Me

^^I think this explains my view on gangster rap perfectly.
Old 06-26-06, 05:59 PM   #14
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Text Record: 21-1
IP: 574F BABB

word props on this

www.soundclick.com/spul

1. "Shake That (Break It Down)"
2. "This Way, Thay Way" ft. Triple_N
3. "Y'all Know Me"

thanks in advance

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)

Last edited by SPuL™ : 06-26-06 at 06:04 PM.
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-06, 06:03 PM   #15
B To The D
Nt Your Average

Text Record: 24-5
Audio Record: 3-1
Graphics Record: 4-1
IP: 7A58 0DE3