RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-08, 06:26 PM   #1
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Premier ft Royce 59 and Eminem???!!!!!

IP: 2998 9024

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/...-59-squash-beef

Then..............
I been talking to Em,” Royce revealed to HipHopDX.com exclusively today. “I didn’t even really wanna tell nobody [yet]. That was kinda like a secret thing. I don’t really know where it’s gonna go. Right now we’re just really focusing on repairing the friendship. That’s the most important thing to me.”

And what did the two old friends discuss in their first conversation in years? Not music, says Royce, “We just been talking about intangible **** like movies, our favorite movies, just realizing how much **** we always had in common. That first conversation we had we talked for like two hours, just about everything. We did a lot of catching up.”

What the two original “Renegades” have rumored to have newly in common is a reunion track produced by DJ Premier, but Royce explains that a new recording session between the two has yet to take place. “We haven’t really spoken in-depth [yet] about anything creative,” says Royce. “That session hasn’t happened yet. He told me he had some of the best **** recorded right now that he’s ever done in his life. I ain’t even got a chance to get with him to hear it yet. He ain’t heard what I got [new], and I ain’t heard what he got [new]. That’s kinda like what our friendship is, it’s always been real competitive. It’s always been that we motivate each other. And I think we at a point in our careers where we both need that.”

Em and Royce’s long overdue reconciliation was ironically initiated by one of Slim Shady’s newest rhyme partners taking shots at one of his oldest. “The Cashis thing was like a blessing,” says Royce of the recently released video interview wherein which Cashis threatens Royce over alleged insults made about Eminem. “That [situation] is what got me and Em [back] together. That’s why I didn’t really [address Cashis' comments]. He was just talking, not knowing who he talking about. I wasn’t gonna move [on him] until I found out what Em’s thoughts were [on the situation]. We done been through too much.”

Royce’s current feelings about Eminem’s newest protégé are thankfully all positive. “My thoughts on Cashis is I don’t have no problem with him,” says Royce. “I think he felt he was doing good. He felt like he was ridin’ for Em. But I’m just glad it didn’t get to [be beef]. So if I see Cashis, I’ll show him nothing but love because Em vouched for him. He told me that Cashis said he was sorry, and I can’t really say nothing after that.”

Since squashing that potential beef via his reconciliation with Eminem, Royce has been hard at work putting the finishing touches on his highly anticipated next mixtape, The Bar Exam 2, hosted by Green Lantern, as well as his two forthcoming full-length releases, The Revival and Street Hop, both executive produced by DJ Premier. With all that on deck, Royce is sure to be a force to be reckoned with in ’08. “Trust me, man, it’s ‘bout to be crazy,” he aptly notes. “I’ma call [Eminem] today. I’ma stay on him and once we past… As soon as the creative part gets back into our relationship, I don’t know what’s gonna happen. I felt like I never had beef with him. It was more of a falling out between two brothers. It was just two brothers not speaking to each other for a minute. But now we speaking again. So sky’s the limit on what’s gonna happen from there.”

just the rest of that story....well prrem and royce hav been workin nothing but miracles togetha since they hooked up for boom. hope we get 2 hear more of both em and royce..and maybe sum preem in the mix

One word.

YES!
Old 04-14-08, 07:43 PM   #2
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 3223 240D

Finally Royce is back in the game.. Dope
Old 04-15-08, 12:41 AM   #3
Valerie
Can u guess 2v's Gender?

Text Record: 12-5
IP: 9F57 F780

Royce is the shit i love his rock city album.
Old 04-15-08, 02:19 AM   #5
Valerie
Can u guess 2v's Gender?

Text Record: 12-5
IP: 9F57 F780

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalk Clorox
his build and destroy album was almost flawless..id like to see him and em do a track.

they already did listen to the song rock city by eminem and 5'9.
Old 04-15-08, 02:37 AM   #6
Ysdat
Whys That?

rock citys a shit track, Death is certain and bar exam 1 Shit on rock city as a whole. Listen to the original renegade and bad meets evil of slims second album.
Old 04-16-08, 06:45 PM   #9
Nynth Degree
In ya area.

IP: 209F A21F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Finally Royce is back in the game.. Dope

Finally? He put out the best mixtape of last year, The Bar Exam.
ninth your a fucking idiot and im purposly spelling your name wrong...

PS, no Sony.
Old 04-16-08, 06:56 PM   #10
Ysdat
Whys That?

*waits for bar exam 2*
Old 04-18-08, 06:14 PM   #11
Nynth Degree
In ya area.

IP: 209F A21F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Soul? ©
*waits for bar exam 2*

Aside from "Who Got Bodied?", I've heard 1 track off it, over the "Success" beat from Jay-Z's American Gangster...featuring Obie Trice.
ninth your a fucking idiot and im purposly spelling your name wrong...

PS, no Sony.