RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-06, 04:24 AM   #1
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

Hyphy Supporters Diss E-40 and Lil Jon

IP: CB5F 7EEE

Daily Hip-Hop News:
Hyphy Supporters Diss E-40 And Lil' Jon, Claim They're Exploiting The Movement

Thursday - July 6, 2006 by Dick Johnson

Hyphy Inc., an organization dedicated to spreading hyphy music, has accused E-40 and Lil Jon of exploiting the movement.

While 40's last album, My Ghetto Report Card, released under Jon's BME Recordings, helped hyphy gain nationwide exposure, Hyphy Inc., a San Francisco-based group, claims that the hype is growing to the detriment of the subculture.

"E-40 is not considered a hyphy artist or a part of the hyphy movement. True enough 40 brought exposure to the movement, but bringing exposure to the movement and being a part of the movement and then exploiting the movement for your own personal financial gain is two different things," sources at Hyphy Inc. told SOHH.com. "We're saying that he's [Lil Jon] the mastermind behind the whole plot. They got people thinking they part of the hyphy movement when they not."

Though Hyphy Inc. discredits' 40's authenticity, the group does acknowledge Keak Da Sneak, who appeared on Fonzarelli's lead single off My Ghetto Report Card, "Tell Me When To Go," as a hyphy artist.

"They saw that as exposure. Don't nobody respect 40 like that in the Bay," the source alleged. "Once you get older you get your political and your music clout, they can dub you on the radio. You blast so much around the Bay that you all that they hear, so after a while people gon hear it cause you the only person on the radio. But to call yourself the ambassador of the Bay we don't stand by that."

"People only listened to the song ["Tell Me When To Go"] because of Keak Da Sneak. It's like Lil Jon talking about crunk is hyphy's cousin, hyphy don't have no cousin," the source added. "By him controlling E-40, his puppet, he controls the exposure that the hyphy movement gets because Lil Jon knows that he has more connections in the industry than the Bay area artists have. If E-40 had some money, he wouldn't be signed to Lil Jon, he'd be signing other artists. Now they running these BET specials, talking about get the hype on hyphy, got us looking like Katrina cases when that ain't the fact out here."

Reps for E-40 and Lil Jon didn't comment

sohh

-----------------------------------------

Real talk, what you see on TV is not really how tha bay is...It's more smooth than that, and E-40 took something that really wasn't his, and ran with it. E-40 has a record label of his own. Sicwidit Records, but I don't hear no artist getting exposure outside the bay. He posed to be big now, but tha nigga aint letting tha real hyphy niggas spread they wings. I'ma big 40 fan and love what he doing, but the hyphy movement is gunna flop, because of how it's being handled right now. If Mac Dre was alive he'd handle is better, but I agree, 40 would have the most exposure off it, but c'mon now...Other arist in the bay make wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better hyphy music than 40.
Old 08-05-06, 11:13 AM   #2
Shear Kaughn
Broke as hell

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: B8B4 D1AE

i'm still confused on exactly what the hyphy movement is......
Old 08-05-06, 01:30 PM   #3
Assaulted NuTT
New to RV

Text Record: 2-0
IP: 0B92 587C

e-40 is wack. nigga sound like he chokin' on a dick when he rap and shit yo
Old 08-05-06, 02:10 PM   #4
Euthanize.
Middle Weight

IP: 5436 00A0

I wish Mac Dre was alive.

but they're right, E-40 doesn't get respect like that out here. He's not a good example of Hyphy. Hyphy and Crunk are two wayy different things, Hyphy doesn't have a cousin. Lil Jon has nothing to do with Hyphy. E-40 took something that Mac Dre and Thizz ENT started and ran with it. That's why 40 doesn't get respect like that because his style isn't hyphy. And no he's not the Embassador of tha Bay. Mac Dre is all that and above.

peep my sig.

Old 08-10-06, 01:09 PM   #5
SUPERVILLAIN
~SAINT SINNER~

Question

IP: 253D 9D21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euthanize.
I wish Mac Dre was alive.

but they're right, E-40 doesn't get respect like that out here. He's not a good example of Hyphy. Hyphy and Crunk are two wayy different things, Hyphy doesn't have a cousin. Lil Jon has nothing to do with Hyphy. E-40 took something that Mac Dre and Thizz ENT started and ran with it. That's why 40 doesn't get respect like that because his style isn't hyphy. And no he's not the Embassador of tha Bay. Mac Dre is all that and above.

peep my sig.

^^^well.....

"...but they're right, E-40 doesn't get respect like that out here." -euth.

^^^no offense, but your the very first cat that i have ever heard of that openly reps the yay, yet has no respect at all for mista 40 watter. euth, you can have your own personal opinion on him, but, it would be extremely misleading to say that e-40 gets no love out here. like it or not bruh, the 40 haters are a minority in the hyphy scene...especially in this area, no joke. 40 has had major clout in the bay for days (at least since the '92-'93 era).

"...Lil Jon has nothing to do with Hyphy." -euth.

^^^no...he doesnt whatsoever. lol. truthfully, im not a real big fan of lil jon, but dude only produced the first hyphy single to catch national exposure, thus showcasing the northern california pop-phenom to the masses. he might not have any "real" ties to, or roots in the hyphy culture other than the fact that he helped open a door for the movement that was previously closed off, deadbolted, painted over and cemented shut.

"... E-40 took something that Mac Dre and Thizz ENT started and ran with it." -euth.

^^^incorrect my friend. keak da sneak is responsible for creating the word "hyphy" and using it since the mid 90's. its no secret, everyone knows that. mac dre and his people helped to start the "thizz movement". the thizz 'style' was the exact equivelant of what the hyphy culture was all about. "the nation of thizzlam" is responsible for hyphy's foundation, but it wasnt taken from them by anyone. mac dre was. when he was murdered, his loyal following was forced to continue rollin' on...and it just so happened that earl stevens was the first to capitalize on being the initial spearhead of attention for hyphy outside of the yay just by doing his music thing. that same yay area following of urbanites that felt dre felt 40's moves......so they lined up and marched with him in support. that shows trust. you dont just get that kind of support easily. pretty much everyone else in the yay right now that is actively doing the hyphy music thing is doing it independantly. they're getting their local hustle on...they werent/arent really pushin' for national exposure like alot of other regions are. they feel that there is more money to be made doing it themselves. right now, e-40 just so happens to be fuckin' with lil jon out in atlanta...and collectively, they put together something that turned out to be big. yes it was a profitable venture for both, but it was also hyphy's coming of age and overall growth to adulthood.

is it 40's fault that he made a hit record??? did he force you to buy the single and the ringtone??? i dont think he begged you to call your local radio stations, t.r.l. and 106th and park to request it 37 times a day. is it not 40's place to speak on his soil and whats going on around him and his people huh??? so what if he profited??? every rapper who wants to be successful in the hip hop business machine tries to. right???

"...his style isn't hyphy." -euth.

^^^no, generally his style isnt just "hyphy". but the "tell me when to go" song is. you dont have to just do hyphy songs to be able to make a hot hyphy track. c' mon mayne.

"... And no he's not the Embassador of tha Bay. Mac Dre is all that and above." -euth.

^^^40 watter has been calling himself "the ambassador of the bay" since the 90's. your probably the first cat to speak against it, lol. i've never heard of any yay emcess challenging him on or for that title...so it must be a unanimous concensus. and also, mac dre was ridiculously popular in this region, but he wasnt the ambassador of the bay. he knew that too.

^^^i hope this clears up some of the misconceptions that were presented.

mac dre...rest in peace brutha. get stupid.

...the supervillain of crhyme...

QUESTION: Is it even possible to improve upon perfection???
ANSWER: CRHYME SINDICATE

"I remember this one time I thought I was wrong........but I was mistaken." -Unknown

R.I.P. Jonathan "ONE MAN BAND/TERUMOTO" Nigro. Goodbye brother. God bless the dead. One love.

Last edited by SUPERVILLAIN : 08-10-06 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-10-06, 01:43 PM   #6
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

IP: 128F 5A3F

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERVILLAIN
^^^well.....

^^^no offense, but your the very first cat that i have ever heard of that openly reps the yay, yet has no respect at all for mista 40 watter. euth, you can have your own personal opinion on him, but, it would be extremely misleading to say that e-40 gets no love out here. like it or not bruh, the 40 haters are a minority in the hyphy scene...especially in this area, no joke. 40 has had major clout in the bay for days (at least since the '92-'93 era).

^^^no...he doesnt whatsoever. lol. truthfully, im not a real big fan of lil jon, but dude only produced the first hyphy single to catch national exposure, thus showcasing the northern california pop-phenom to the masses. he might not have any "real" ties to, or roots in the hyphy culture other than the fact that he helped open a door for the movement that was previously closed off, deadbolted, painted over and cemented shut.

"... E-40 took something that Mac Dre and Thizz ENT started and ran with it." -euth.

^^^incorrect my friend. keak da sneak is responsible for creating the word "hyphy" and using it since the mid 90's. its no secret, everyone knows that. mac dre and his people helped to start the "thizz movement". the thizz 'style' was the exact equivelant of what the hyphy culture was all about. "the nation of thizzlam" is responsible for hyphy's foundation, but it wasnt taken from them by anyone. mac dre was. when he was murdered, his loyal following was forced to continue rollin' on...and it just so happened that earl stevens was the first to capitalize on being the initial spearhead of attention for hyphy outside of the yay just by doing his music thing. that same yay area following of urbanites that felt dre felt 40's moves......so they lined up and marched with him in support. that shows trust. you dont just get that kind of support easily. pretty much everyone else in the yay right now that is actively doing the hyphy music thing is doing it independantly. they're getting their local hustle on...they werent/arent really pushin' for national exposure like alot of other regions are. they feel that there is more money to be made doing it themselves. right now, e-40 just so happens to be fuckin' with lil jon out in atlanta...and collectively, they put together something that turned out to be big. yes it was a profitable venture for both, but it was also hyphy's coming of age and overall growth to adulthood.

is it 40's fault that he made a hit record??? did he force you to buy the single and the ringtone??? i dont think he begged you to call your local radio stations, t.r.l. and 106th and park to request it 37 times a day. is it not 40's place to speak on his soil and whats going on around him and his people huh??? so what if he profited??? every rapper who wants to be successful in the hip hop business machine tries to. right???

^^^no, generally his style isnt just "hyphy". but the "tell me when to go" song is. you dont have to just do hyphy songs to be able to make a hot hyphy track. c' mon mayne.

"... And no he's not the Embassador of tha Bay. Mac Dre is all that and above." -euth.

^^^40 watter has been calling himself "the ambassador of the bay" since the 90's. your probably the first cat to speak against it, lol. i've never heard of any yay emcess challenging him on or for that title...so it must be a unanimous concensus. and also, mac dre was ridiculously popular in this region, but he wasnt the ambassador of the bay. he knew that too.

Didn't feel like reading it all, but on the E-40 note my friend, you are wrong. Yes, it is no secret 40 is a legend out here in the bay, and he always has and always will be one, but...when the word hyphy comes into play, and the hyphy movement comes into play, e-40 is mentioned as the person who really got it out there on the mainstream buzz. e-40 did not start it, e-40 does not get hyphy,e-40 does not go dumb, dance on top of scrapers, ride with his door open...all of that shit bay area does, e-40 does not do it. e-40 simply makes up words, which half of em were spoken on the soil first. No doubt about it, e-40 is a trend setter, but half of his trends were started right on the block. he just brought it to the light, alot like the hyphy movement. So when we say E-40 doesn't get respect like, EVERYONE else thinks he do in the bay...that statement is true. Everyone thinks we treat him like a god, like he is the savior of the bay and we wouldn't be no where without 40 "starting this hyphy movement"...i mean, think about it everyone else outside of the bay...e-40 is dummy old, do you really see him getting hyphy? And I just seen dude up in Fairfield 3 weeks ago...he aint growing no damn dreads, he cut his hair...I aint hating on 40, I love dude like a nigga posed too,but theres ALOT more artist in the bay that couldve spread their wings by themselves, 40 just made it easier, and for that, he gets great honor.
Old 08-10-06, 01:47 PM   #7
Euthanize.
Middle Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERVILLAIN
^^^well.....

and where exactly are you from?

Let's get this correct, i'm apart of the Hyphy Movement. I was at the "tell me when to go" video shoot, "blow the wistle" video shoot, and the "18 dummy" video shoot. I know what the fuck I am talking about.

E-40 does NOT get respect like you are portraying. In fact, there's been other Bay Area rappers that has outspoken about 40's respect, from Thizz ENT. In the streets he's does not get respect from the real hyphy niggas. You're basing shit you seen off MTV my block the bay, that was just a small piece of Hyphy. As a rapper 40 might get all the respect in the world, but as a Hyphy artist NO. You need to understand what REAL Hyphy is. That's what half the world doesn't.

Blah, the South is lovin' the Bay right now. Lil John, Young Joc, Ying Yang Twins, Lil Scrappy etc. None of them are hyphy, they want to be. They're just to busy trying to compare Hyphy to Crunk. Although there is a lot of similaritys.

I know Keak made the word Hyphy, but he didn't popularize it. That's like saying whoever made the Chicago Bulls made them, but didn't Jordan popularized them. Same thing with Hyphy, Keak made the word, but Mac Dre popularized it. He was the true definition of Hyphy. I said Mac Dre AND Thizz ENT. Keak is apart of Thizz ENT. E-40 isn't a Hyphy Artist, that's not his style and never was. While Mac Dre was getting stupid, E-40 was sitting back watching all that. When Mac Dre died that's when 40 thought it was his job to take that over. There's no question if Mac Dre was still alive, he would be in 40's place right now. And if he wasn't it would've been 40's job to give him that place. Cuz like it or not Mac Dre is the king of tha bay. And he was the only person by himself to get the bay to catch on to going dumb, and getting stupid in the club.

get your facts straight next time you try to make me look stupid.

Old 08-10-06, 02:09 PM   #8
SUPERVILLAIN
~SAINT SINNER~

IP: 253D 9D21

^^^my facts are straight playboy. re-read what i wrote earlier, but this time do it carefully homie.

1) im from stockton, cali.....so i've been all over the yay plenty. its nothing new.

2) i never said 40 was a "hyphy artist".
i said he made a hot hyphy track that the masses felt, which is true.

3) yes, there are simularities between hyphy and crunk.
and who cares if the south is lovin' the hyphy scene right now??? i dont. and i dont hear my boys sayin' "damn, them southern cats are likin' our shit...we're hot right now in their eyes." lol.

4) if mac dre was alive he wouldnt be in 40's place. he'd still be pushin' independant albums and gettin' his paper on the under...just like he was doing before he died.
if mac dre wanted to be in the mainstream spotlight, he would have done it a long time ago. but he didnt care about any title, dude was into makin' his bread and having fun with his music. thats all. he could've gotten some m.t.v./b.e.t. screentime and real radio airplay if he wanted it.

5) mac dre.....king of the bay???
okay. i understand that that is your 'opinion'. i can respect that, dude is/was large. but 40 does get major love out here like the boss that he is. he's a highly respected timer, just like too short, yukmouth, san quinn and j.t. the bigga figga, keak da sneak, spice 1, etc.

blah...

blah...

blah...

...the super...

QUESTION: Is it even possible to improve upon perfection???
ANSWER: CRHYME SINDICATE

"I remember this one time I thought I was wrong........but I was mistaken." -Unknown

R.I.P. Jonathan "ONE MAN BAND/TERUMOTO" Nigro. Goodbye brother. God bless the dead. One love.

Last edited by SUPERVILLAIN : 08-10-06 at 02:12 PM.
Old 08-10-06, 04:24 PM   #9
Mic Young
Flyweight

IP: 506D CDB4

y dont all y'all niggaz shut the fuck wit that "hyphy" bullshit

go dumb!!!!!!!!!

naw, y'all sum idiots up there in da bay, fuck that, stupid ass niggaz
Old 08-10-06, 10:01 PM   #10
Nynth Degree
In ya area.

IP: 993D 5621

Civil Rights, now that was a movement.
ninth your a fucking idiot and im purposly spelling your name wrong...

PS, no Sony.
Old 08-10-06, 11:32 PM   #11
Euthanize.
Middle Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Eazy
[B]

Didn't feel like reading it all, but on the E-40 note my friend, you are wrong. Yes, it is no secret 40 is a legend out here in the bay, and he always has and always will be one, but...when the word hyphy comes into play, and the hyphy movement comes into play, e-40 is mentioned as the person who really got it out there on the mainstream buzz. e-40 did not start it, e-40 does not get hyphy,e-40 does not go dumb, dance on top of scrapers, ride with his door open...all of that shit bay area does, e-40 does not do it. e-40 simply makes up words, which half of em were spoken on the soil first. No doubt about it, e-40 is a trend setter, but half of his trends were started right on the block. he just brought it to the light, alot like the hyphy movement. So when we say E-40 doesn't get respect like, EVERYONE else thinks he do in the bay...that statement is true. Everyone thinks we treat him like a god, like he is the savior of the bay and we wouldn't be no where without 40 "starting this hyphy movement"...i mean, think about it everyone else outside of the bay...e-40 is dummy old, do you really see him getting hyphy? And I just seen dude up in Fairfield 3 weeks ago...he aint growing no damn dreads, he cut his hair...I aint hating on 40, I love dude like a nigga posed too,but theres ALOT more artist in the bay that couldve spread their wings by themselves, 40 just made it easier, and for that, he gets great honor.

^^ couldn't have been said any better than that.

Old 08-11-06, 12:17 AM   #12
Compose

IP: B95C 756C

anything having to do with lil john, hyphy, or crunk, is gay

werd to what 9th said
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 08-11-06, 01:43 AM   #13
Euthanize.
Middle Weight

^^ too bad no one cares about what you think.

Old 08-11-06, 02:35 AM   #14
Young Kidd (LM)
Better THAN You!

Text Record: 4-1
Audio Record: 4-0
IP: 21C2 D400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euthanize.
and where exactly are you from?

Blah, the South is lovin' the Bay right now. Lil John, Young Joc, Ying Yang Twins, Lil Scrappy etc. None of them are hyphy, they want to be. They're just to busy trying to compare Hyphy to Crunk. Although there is a lot of similaritys.

False....

Not Many people in the south want hyphy to be partnered with Crunk. Maybe the More Known are going with it, like Scrappy (be he doest shit for money ) and Lil Jon. But most cats from where is stay dont want to be associated with hyphy. Because we find it ,how do i say without offending, dumb. Not in a bad way it's just it's not our style. You may know some cats that watn to be associated with Hyphy from GA/Southern places, but thats a minority.

That ties into your statement "we want to be hyphy". Nah man, ya'll can have that, no disrespect though really. But not many cats want to be with hyphy, I'll admit the Bay got some Crazy Songs but not to the extent to make us "want to be like ya'll".

'nuff said.
Old 08-11-06, 02:44 AM   #15
Shear Kaughn
Broke as hell

IP: B8B4 D1AE

Quote:
Originally Posted by _LM_
False....

Not Many people in the south want hyphy to be partnered with Crunk. Maybe the More Known are going with it, like Scrappy (be he doest shit for money ) and Lil Jon. But most cats from where is stay dont want to be associated with hyphy. Because we find it ,how do i say without offending, dumb. Not in a bad way it's just it's not our style. You may know some cats that watn to be associated with Hyphy from GA/Southern places, but thats a minority.

That ties into your statement "we want to be hyphy". Nah man, ya'll can have that, no disrespect though really. But not many cats want to be with hyphy, I'll admit the Bay got some Crazy Songs but not to the extent to make us "want to be like ya'll".

'nuff said.

damn that is so WORD!!!

on all seriousness...i hope the hyphy shit stays in california..