RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-05, 01:57 PM   #1
~Sonofisis~
a.k.a Sonic

Text Record: 17-2
Why do people like Eminem

IP: 6C15 4D51

I actually want to know how many real hiphopper like Eminem, and how many Black people like him.. especially after he was exposed for being racist/sexist towards Black women..

Besides this point, this is my opinion.. when i was 14, this is when i first started listening to shady, i'm 20 now.. at first i liked him, he had tight rhymes, and the shit he said was just unbelievable and funny to me, he was really entertaining.. but as i started getting older and really appreciating the value of lyrics, and when i started experiencing a hard knock life, or when it started to affect me, i realized that Eminem didn't comfort me.. his rhymes weren't directed towards people like me.. i wasn't white, i didn't live in a trailor park, i didn't sniff glue, i didn't do hard drugs, and i didn't hate my mom.. I found i lot more comfort in 2Pac..

I LOVE MY MOM no matter what, as was expressed in "Dear Mama"..
I lived a thug life
I lost people
My family was poor at a point in our lives
I felt hopeless
I loved old school rap
I love black women

everything Pac said was like the opposite of Eminem, Pac being the greatest Musician in Hip Hop of All time (By Far).. would only logically make Eminem the wackest, unless you're a punk rocker.. the type of shit he talks about, is what maryln manson, or some rock band talks about.

every since the 70's, hip hop has been a voice for a hard knock culture, mainly aimed at Blacks and Latino's.. Eminem comes on the scene and sells more than 15 Million records to an 85% - 95% white audience.. it's like Elvis, people were amazed that Elvis could do black music because he was white, so they made a big deal about it, even though he was mediocre..

I just wanna know what peeps think, and don't get mad, i realize that Eminem is a touchy subject to a lot of white fans, as 2pac is to blacks..
Old 01-30-05, 01:58 PM   #2
~Sonofisis~
a.k.a Sonic

And Don't Say That This Is Too Long To Read, If It Is, Then Don't Respond You Illiterate Motha Fucka!
Old 01-30-05, 02:04 PM   #3
Speats
Hell yeah

Text Record: 10-8
IP: 344C 52FF

look,eminem has bring something that i never heard before,the way he raps and all,the way he delivers his emotion his awsome,im a number one eminem fan,i have over 200 songs from him,like 15 posters and all...and even if Encore wasint that good i still apreciate him...its just that you dont like him,its like me,i dont reallt listen to some pac,you cant change the way of living
Send a message via AIM to Speats Send a message via MSN to Speats   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-05, 02:05 PM   #4
Ike
No Relation To Tina

Text Record: 9-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: EB8D 9EAC

omg i laughed when i read the name of this thread......people like eminem because he is a dope lyricist....not because he is white....if he was black....i would still listen to him....even though this last album he put out was by far the worst as far as lyrics go.....he is still tight....he is one of the best ever to do it.......lol @ you sayin he is logically the wackest.....some people go through different shit....just because things he sais are not just like 2pac....doesnt mean he isnt good......that was by far the most rediculous statement ever made on rv...........lol @ eminem logically being the wackest ever haha

Send a message via AIM to Ike   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-05, 02:06 PM   #5
Big City
Metropolis

IP: B52C 6258

hhahaha Eminem even admitted that he was a robbin mofo lol in that Without me song
he was he was like elvis stealin black music to make himself wealthy. but idk he has sort of lost his gimmick since i first started listenin to him. when he first came out his lyrics were just so abrasive n in ur face u had to listen to him. plus he was funny n had shock value. but now its like u can only hate on ur mom and trailor parks so much. i mean i dont hat eon him for beatin the system. i really dont care nemore about what he has to say tho. ......1.....

Old 01-30-05, 02:08 PM   #6
Compose

IP: D5FE 7245

pac is...and will be the greatest person to ever grace a mic...end of story with that

as for eminem
i listen to anything up to eminem show...basically the shit thats funny...because you cant be sad all the time...eminem is there to make you laugh like fuck with his punches and lines so i respect him definately for that

but pac will always be the best to me because of the things you said...i understood mad shit and it made me change my view on the world and made me try and make a change in the community and the rest of the world...pac is the realest and i hope i get like him someday to a point where everyone respects you thats just eternal...

peace
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 01-30-05, 02:08 PM   #7
Big City
Metropolis

his lyrics and delivery are just so crazy u cant doubt his skills, but hey he's ANTI-BUSH so thats always a plus.hahaha

Old 01-30-05, 02:17 PM   #8
~Sonofisis~
a.k.a Sonic

^, yea, i feel and respect everyones opinion on it, thanx for responding.. And IKE, i said that he says the exact opposite of what a legendary rapper says, so my logic is that he's whack because he says nothing at all that i feel, and pac says everything that I feel.. Like thewhackestMC just said, Em used to be funny, but he's waterd down now cuz..

He's dope with the word play, but true legends are consstent until they die, Pac never put out a whack album, EVER!!

OH, AND ikE, YOU SAID THAT YOU NEVER really listened to Pac, but you listen to Eminem.. that tells me that your opinion is worthless because you just started listening to Hip Hop, and whoever never got into Pac doesn't belong in Hip Hop's culture anyway, that's what Pac stood for, he never ever went PoP
Old 01-30-05, 02:21 PM   #9
Ike
No Relation To Tina

lol i never said i didnt listen to pac.....i listen to him all the time...he is 100 times better than eminem......learn how to read peoples names faggot....damian is the one who said he never listened to pac.....so know what the fuck your talking about before popping off at your faggot ass dick sucking mouth you homo......just because eminem lived a different life than pac.....doesnt mean he is wack........talib kweli live a different life....is he wack.????mos def? and of the greats.....nobody ever lives the same life.......so know what the fuck your saying before sounding foolish

Old 01-30-05, 02:22 PM   #10
Big City
Metropolis

actually, Pac kind of starte out in pop ^^^^sonofisis. cuz he used ot b a groupie n shit . n we was wit that digital underground group n there were pretty pop rappers. plus he had that song " i get around" that was pretty pop too. but i mean pac was just so diverse like that he would come wit somethin like that....n then have somethhin like "brenda's got a baby"

Old 01-30-05, 02:29 PM   #11
~Sonofisis~
a.k.a Sonic

^ you must be a child, no offense.. But digital underground was as it says in its name, "Underground", if you're old enough to remember, they were never mainstream or pop.. they made hits like I get Around, but they never made club bangers and went mainstream, you must be young..
Old 01-30-05, 02:30 PM   #12
Ike
No Relation To Tina

lol @ sonofisis acting like he didnt read my post.........he knows he was owned

Old 01-30-05, 02:31 PM   #13
~Sonofisis~
a.k.a Sonic

Plus, "I get Around Around" was never on MTV, thats what Pop is, Poular music, he never sold out, what the hell are you talking about?
Old 01-30-05, 02:32 PM   #14
~Sonofisis~
a.k.a Sonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike
lol @ sonofisis acting like he didnt read my post.........he knows he was owned

you're misguided and confused, u must be white or something, i won't respond to u, you're childish..
Old 01-30-05, 02:48 PM   #15
Kawn Flixx
FUCK STROBE

Text Record: 70-13
IP: 28AD 5545

Okay people gotta get off pac's dick seriously.
He's a legendary MC,but claiming nobody will ever pass him up.
Seems like you DON'T want people to pass him up.
and Eminem said racist shit.People seem to say "oh he was young boo boo"
but when Jay-z made the black album,he caught heat for being racist WTF?
The beatles made the white album and didn't catch any media at all.
Although Em's a great lyrisist,he's actually Over and Underated.
With Eminem being basically the only Rapper to be a regular on MTV
due to him being white oviously.But he's never on BET's countdown anymore.
but it seems bogus and justified at the same time that no other rappers
except those under shady appear on MTV...so people gotta face
that most people buy Cd's of who relate to Them...so people may not admit this..but 90% of the reason Em's gettin sales is cause he's white...its not racist reallyjust an relation thing.He's white there white..they relate to a high point.Seriously I'm a fan of Em's.Cept for ebing racist.
But honestly The reason I never Sig him,is cause he's white.
Not being racist just he doesn't releate to me.
Nas relates to me,he's my favorite. Period.

Send a message via AIM to Kawn Flixx Send a message via MSN to Kawn Flixx   Reply With Quote