RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-08, 09:00 AM   #1
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
making it in the music industry these days

IP: 4073 3380

do you think its even fucking worth it?

i mean here we got a scene of millions of cats with the same amount of talent that agents look at and go.............HMM.. who has the best and safest image for our investment.. ok cool, you can be down.............then they get ghost writers who they totally bullshit to boost cd making time.. put artists in debt.... music is online now a days so fuck trynna outsell your advance debt and get royalties unless you got some major backing, your independant or your in an extremily small percentage that has a cd buying market..

hip hop heads are broke man, i mean shit... how often do you go and buy cd's when you can just go lisen to the whole damn thing on youtube or download it off limewire? whats the fucking point?

hate to kill your dreams.. but what a fucking shit industry to get into.. its who you know and luck man NOT skill... the rules of the game have changed.. now a days the forumula resides upon rappers to make pathetic party music and the intergration of dance and rap.. we got mother fuckers selling records ONLY because they appeal to the cd buying market which if i am correct at the moment is teenage girls... thats why we dont hear anything good on the radio... because record companies will use a system called payola to drone out songs that appeal to teenage girls who buy singles and anyone who really likes music can go fuck themselves because we come second rate to........teenage girls....

its our own fault really.. back in the 80's and 90's we had a system where good music could be played on the radio because that shit was selling.. now what do we have? fucking same old idiots working to a formula..

FUCK these rappers man.. they dont KNOW how to rap... I could write 99.9% of all hip hop songs on the mainstream radio today in my fucken sleep.. which is what the ghost writers out there prolly do...

what a joke... and this is the beast that millions of people have antiquated dreams of becomming big time in... yeah fuck off.. your nothing special cause youve done a few shows.. sold a few mixtapes... got a few demos heard...

your not gonna make it... you gotta have fate on your side..

and were living in world where billions of people wake up every morning with their pathetic ideas on life. flip on the radio and hear the same old boring shitty songs day in and day out and we wonder why theres a lack of inspiration and decline in good music artists out there.. its because the good ones dont get heard, their too risky.. their too avongard.. their too FUCKING REAL..

rapping is a beautiful method of expression through poetry... but these days talent in rap is not expression through poetry... its yelling and wiling out for cats do get on drugs to in the clubs and stupid teenage girls to dance to in their rooms..

and you guys really wanna get into this industry?

"yeah give me your demo tape, ill call you tomorrow for sure"

how many times have you heard that before?
im at a point in my life right now where im thinking of getting back into music as a career.. but shit man, the industry is shit to me, im literaly thinking is it worth it?

what are your opinions....? cause i could talk for hours...

and yo this is a thread for rappers......not a thread for chatters who arnt trying to make it.... i apreciate that you dont want a peice of this industry, i sort of agree with you... but this is NOT your discussion... so give cats a bit of space to really talk and fuck off with your long winded statements about how smart you think you are for staying the fuck out of it...
Old 11-23-08, 09:37 AM   #2
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

man it's like you're psychic...over the last few months i've been thinking more or less the exact same thing lol....in UK it's even more to think about cos you gotta bear in mind that there is an alarming number of people in the US who don't wanna listen to a head from the UK over something as trivial as accent...they'd rather listen to lil wayne's goofy ass than rappers with a lot more talent....but then again it doesn't help that we've only got people like dizzy rascal acting as ambassadors for UK urban music, which puts us at a disadvantage cos he's wack as fuck...

i know people who are wack as fuck but because they appeal to people with shit for brains they seem to be making a lot more movements...seriously i could actually provide links but it's too embarrassing on my part....

don't get me wrong we've got dudes over hear , like Sway, who are mainstream who actually have dope bars but they ain't allowed to show off too tough because they have labels breathing down their necks telling them to simplify their lyrics so that people find it catchy....

thats why sometimes i just feel to produce instead, but even then you have the same problem cos if you have a killer track you produced, labels wanna turn you into a cash cow and then you lose credibility among real music heads cos they think you're only a one-trick pony...

independent labels are definitely where it's at....i would take creative control over huge exposure any day of the week
Old 11-23-08, 11:05 AM   #3
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

but the 5% margin of success is where you wanna be at man..

theres so much more money in american hip hop... i mean fuck, I can write as good as cats favourite artists and rap as good too now a days... and im talking bout the real talented underground ones...

but where the FUCK is that gonna get me?

i dont wanna live it hard because I'm doing something I love.. I do that enough with graffiti..... But the mundane boring monotonous lifestyle that society throws at my face and tells me to adhere to sucks in my mind..

i want to fucken use my creativity... I think gods given me the knowledge ability to expres myself extremily fluently through rhyming for a reason and I dont want to let that down.. but its such a fucking gamble...

cause if I go hard out with music for a few years, get nowhere because of what the scene is like......then im gonna be well in my 30's before I have a stable career... and thats not what i need in my life...

i dont want to just be a small time interpendant label sucker... i mean shit im happy to start off like that, but if im not gonna hit the big time then I'm not doing rap correctly..

and my motto is that if your gonna do something, do it properly...

but im just not sure whether hip hop is the correct medium because of the non-exposure of the scene in my country... but where the FUCK do I find a rock band? I been looking but im not having great success, cats are either in other bands or have different tastes in music...

this is me.. i feel ive got a message and something I can share with the world... maybe I'm a total interloper and I'll currupt the world by opening their eyes... but I dont think I'm here to take the easy road like everyone else.... which is probably why fate gave me the gift to create music.. but the question is, in this currant climate.........should I even bother trying to use that?
Old 11-23-08, 12:04 PM   #4
Nynth Degree
In ya area.

IP: 209F A21F

Personally I never gave half a fuck about getting into the industry...or even really getting any attention for rapping. I just make music because I enjoy it. I'm preparing myself for actual careers, things more lucrative coming right out of college. The fact that I'm the fucking shit when I rap is just cool to know.

The industry sucks anyway. Independent is the way to go.
ninth your a fucking idiot and im purposly spelling your name wrong...

PS, no Sony.
Old 11-23-08, 01:43 PM   #5
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nynth Degree
Personally I never gave half a fuck about getting into the industry...or even really getting any attention for rapping. I just make music because I enjoy it. I'm preparing myself for actual careers, things more lucrative coming right out of college. The fact that I'm the fucking shit when I rap is just cool to know.

The industry sucks anyway. Independent is the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baphomet
and yo this is a thread for rappers......not a thread for chatters who arnt trying to make it.... i apreciate that you dont want a peice of this industry, i sort of agree with you... but this is NOT your discussion... so give cats a bit of space to really talk and fuck off with your long winded statements about how smart you think you are for staying the fuck out of it...

......................eh?
Old 11-23-08, 03:54 PM   #6
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 704D 923D

the only way to avoid that is to just stay independent until you've already established yourself as being someone who can sell THEN get signed and you won't have to change as much, because you've already proved that your image sells. textbook example: Lupe.

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 11-23-08, 04:57 PM   #7
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 3103 24DA

Im not making music to 'succeed', Im making music to make music.
Old 11-23-08, 04:58 PM   #8
Cola
Pushin it....

Text Record: 6-1
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: C019 9845

rofl

a rapper from Austrila....thats just fucking halarious

Destroyin Tricks on the Daily

Old 11-23-08, 04:59 PM   #9
Ysdat
Whys That?

IP: 3103 24DA

^yet I know for a fact he can rap circles around you.
Old 11-23-08, 06:03 PM   #10
Jay Rose
I don't lose

Audio Record: 7-1
IP: 1E9D A9D7

the "insdustry" you speak of is a division of the music industry. its the pop rap division that gets played on radio stations in high market demographics. i think you are being too closed minded in comparison to where you are from... also live shows are bringing in boatloads of money now a days, independent labels can pay good money... the insdustry is very alive at the moment it just isnt marketed as well or promoted as much.. that has do to with the biz aspect of it and biz guys reading trends and marketing what is most likely to sell. "real" rap is alive in various demographics right now...im just sorry to hear you arent in one of them...and id say as an opinon if you want rap to be "real" than it is in the perfect place right now, cuz what more can you want for when it is the most real to be preforming live, and the type of real rap u like is being the most heavily pushed in the live scene right now...so i think rap is all good and im trying to make it as an artist....in the live aspect of rap

well i thought about the army
dad said, son you're fucking high
and i thought, yeah there's a first for everything
so i took my old man's advice
three sad semesters
it was only fifteen grand spent in bed
i thought about the army
i dropped out and joined a band instead

Old 11-23-08, 08:57 PM   #11
Cola
Pushin it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Soul? ©
^yet I know for a fact he can rap circles around you.

your right

lol

nos could walk around in circles

cuz drugs make ya paranoid

Old 11-23-08, 09:29 PM   #12
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP: 2BA6 1F0F

^ Ok then, smart ass.

Simplified, if you battled him on the internet or live on stage he would beat you.

Easily.

With next to no effort.
Old 11-23-08, 11:31 PM   #13
Cola
Pushin it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Curator
^ Ok then, smart ass.

Simplified, if you battled him on the internet or live on stage he would beat you.

Easily.

With next to no effort.

rofl, how do you even know that Baph battles in real life?

You live on the other side of the fuckign world...Nos could be completely full of shit. No one knows. Dude brags about doing drugs alll day. Whoa!

n to top that off...haven't you ever noticed that Bap has ALWAYS done EVERYTHING...but not just EVERYTHING, but he's always done it 'better' than another person. Those are traits of a pathological liar.

but hey, what do i know....i voted black.

Old 11-23-08, 11:56 PM   #14
Ysdat
Whys That?

IP: 8B62 BDCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky
rofl, how do you even know that Baph battles in real life?

You live on the other side of the fuckign world...Nos could be completely full of shit. No one knows. Dude brags about doing drugs alll day. Whoa!

n to top that off...haven't you ever noticed that Bap has ALWAYS done EVERYTHING...but not just EVERYTHING, but he's always done it 'better' than another person. Those are traits of a pathological liar.

but hey, what do i know....i voted black.

weather he battles doesnt matter, the fact that Ive heard his music, and Ive read your text verses. Your wack @ everything you do, so you have no credibility when it comes to talking about ANYONES skill level.

real talk fuck head.
Old 11-24-08, 02:36 AM   #15
Nynth Degree
In ya area.

IP: 209F A21F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baphomet
......................eh?

Yeah, like I have an attention span.
ninth your a fucking idiot and im purposly spelling your name wrong...

PS, no Sony.