RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Tutorials
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-03, 11:35 AM   #1
RythmicTendicies

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Structure

IP: E457 EE2B

O.k, In This Tutorial I`m Gonna ``Teach`` (yea Right.. lol), About The Basic Structure Of A Text Piece.

Intro

O.k. Once You Have found A Topic, Then You Gotta Pan It Out Into Reasonable Lengths So As Not To Have Nearly Everything IN The First Verse, Then Struggle To Make Up Bars IN The 2nd n` Maybe Third!

For This Tutorial We`re Going To use ``A Soldier`s Dream``. O.k. So We`re Goint To Split It Into 3 Sections: 1. Life In The Trench
2.Friends/Fellow Combatants Who`ve Suffered/Killed
3.Soldiers Dreams Of What He`l lDo When He Gets Home.

Verse 1.
1. Life In The Trench:
Right, So We Now Have A Topic. The First verse Should Be Around 10-12 Lines. Pretty Short. You Should First Describe The Whereabouts Of The Soldier, His Surroundings.

I.e.: Mud, Dirt n` Grime, This Field, Is The Place Of Unbelievable Evil Crime...
Murder, Death n` Suffering, Bodies Holding There Breath, While Being Covered In Lime...

^That Can Go On For 4-5 Lines, Depending On Your Own Taste! That Is What The Description About The Trench Is About, Another Bar Could Be:

i.e.: Trench Foot n` Gangrene, We Never Convened With our Most Hated Of Fiend`s....
We Are All On Different Teams, But Our Dreams, Are Hushed By The Trenches Familiar Screams...

So Now You Have The Basic Idea Of A First Verse: Description/10-12 Lines!

Hook

A Hook Must Relate To All Aspects Of The Verse, In Our Case: : 1. Life In The Trench
2.Friends/Fellow Combatants Who`ve Suffered/Killed
3.Soldiers Dreams Of What He`ll Do When He Gets Home.

It Should Be About 4-6 Lines long, And Shorter Than Normal Lines In Your Verses!

i.e.:
Life In The Trench, Living With Human Stench...
Friends Who We had To Wrench, Out If The Ground...
Guns Shots The Sound, Evil`s Notoriously Around...
A Soldiers Dreams, Echo With Profound Screams...
To God He Leans, To Him, He`s Oblivious, To Murderous Scenes...

^That`s A Weak Example, But It Gives You An Idea Of What the Hook Should Include^

Verse 2.
2.Fellow Combatants:

In This verse We Should Rap About The Fellow Soldiers, There Suffering etc... This Verse Should Be The longest, About 18-20 Lines Long, Considerably Longer Than The First!

Here`s A Good Way To Start The Verse Off:

i.e.:
Suffering Left, Right n` Centre, The Gates Of Hell Are Opened – Enter...
To All Warriors, God Is Our Mentor, Our Torment Can Never Be Told...
Being Taking Off The Line, Feels Like We Hit Unimaginary Gold...
We`re Always Freezing Cold, But Our Memory`s`ll Be With Us – Till We Grow Old...

Yea? We Are Describing Death In The First n` Second lines, Then Being Brought Back To life almost By Being Taking Off The line IN The Third n`Fourth. After About 5 or 6 Lines, You Should Start To Talk About A Particular Person i.e.:

Distress, Blood ` Gore, That`s What 17 yr Old Brad – Had Learned To Adore...
He was A Sophisticated Child Before, But Now, Now Anymore...
Everyday He Went a-Knocking On Heavens Door, Only God – He`d Chosen To Ignore...

^Get It, Then Thicken The Plot Up Until The End Of The Verse, When He Will Graciously Die^

Verse 3
3.Soldiers Dreams Of What He`ll Do When He Gets Home

Even If Your Not Rappin` About a Solider This Last Verse Should Be About The Afterthoughts The Conclusions Of the Song! In This Verse I`d Recollect On The Forgotten Victims, The Memories, Life After The War etc... Here`s A few Bars Which I Could Put In!

40 Years Later, And I Still Feel Like A Forgotten Elapsed Waiter...
Serving My Country, 40 Years on, I Still Serve My Dictator...

I Remember All Past Losses, Lying In Unmarked Shallow Graves – With Hand-Made Crosses...
A Victim Of Ungrateful Evil Bosses, A Victim That Was Forgotten, With His Flesh – Slowly Rotten...

Now I Work Manual Labour, But Still I Remember My Trusted Saviour...
Still Recollect All The Prayers I Sent, Still Remember All The Friends – That came n` Went...

^See, It`s Simply A recap Of The Previous Two verses^

So Too Recap The Structure of a Song:
1. First Verse 10-12 Lines Long (Description – into)
2. Second Verse 18-20 Lines Long (More in Depth)
3. Third Verse In Between 14-16 Lines Long (Recap)
4. Hook Between 4 – 8 lines (Covering All aspects Of The Song)

Hope This Has Helped You Understand Structure More, You Don`t Have Use My way, You can Come Up With Something more Original If Your want