RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-06, 01:19 PM   #1
Tha Q.
OYD

Is this a good analogy to explain the "omniscience" of God?

IP: 64CA 6C26

I've often wondered how we have "free will" if God already knows what we're going to do before we do it. Then, I thought about this analogy.

Imagine a parent setting a plate of chocolate chip cookies in front of a group of children at a birthday party. Even though she doesn't know for sure, the parent "knows" that the children will eat the cookies based on a high probability. Therefore, even though the kids had a choice, the parent already knew what they'd do before they did it. So, imagine God doing this on a grander scale.

eeeh...Just an effort to grasp the ungraspable.

Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-06, 02:21 PM   #2
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 258E 7271

Probability and chance is contradictory to the word omniscience in the first place. What your saying is that god knows what people will probably do, but he doesent know for sure. Obviously this idea is flawed.

Free will is the ability to willfully change ones path. God works on cause and effect, not on devine intervention at his own whim (because god is not an entity, he is existance itself). We all have a path that is placed infront of us which is a direct result of everything that has occured previously in our lives.

Free will is the evolution of our path. For instance, a person at university learning to become a doctor, suddenly deciding they want to become a drug dealer and live off the streets, is an execution of free will. Therefore, said person supplies the cause, and the effect is determined accordingly.

Which is evolution at work inside the devine plan of god.

..Dont think of god in terms of what he knows. God is beyond knowledge. Every choice one chooses to make shoots off an infinite amount of possible realitys not connected to the world line we live in. Meaning that the choices you make are insignifigant. But still an effect of free will.

As usual, I see what your getting at.. But theres so much your not taking into consideration.............
Old 04-05-06, 04:54 PM   #3
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 64CA 6C26

I realize that God can not be quantified. That's why I said "an attempt to grasp the ungraspable." God is omniscient and isn't bound by laws of nature.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote