RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-09, 02:55 PM   #1
M&rk
10:23 till i'm 86

Text Record: 32-23
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Book A Show...

IP: DD1C 59F7

i was at a gay ass show sat night and saw a bunch of lames perform and i there was supposed to be a open mic when it was all finished but everyone was so drunk the lame ass performers went too long and i never got to drop and also the performers dont wanna put anyone on anyway cuz they just want they lame shit to get all the hype.
and the whole point of lame shows at lame bars and shit is just to sell alcohal to mindless morons, and i dont wanna be part of that,
anyone real know a better way to perform live and reach 'real' people
i swear and shit but i say smart shit about religion and the economy and america and the world as a whole and i do it with a bad attitude with rap beats, but i could spit my shit to any other type of beat. what scene cares to listen to lyrics live?
might need to find a poetry festival or sumin, any suggestions?

Big Pic- Whore of the World ( youtube video)

Jesus saves, even from paranoia

myspace.com/marktimothyschafer
my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-09, 06:17 PM   #2
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
IP: D8C9 D395

Find a local booking agent, then open for major acts that come to your area bro. Apart from that you could allways push your music to a club and try get your own small set sorted, but you will have to cut a deal/promise of a certain amount of turn over on alcohol or some shit.
Old 12-04-09, 02:32 PM   #3
M&rk

thanx for a little insight

my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 01:15 AM   #4
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 1-1
IP: AF61 4A0B

dude.... me and my boys just used to have ciphers outside in the city.... you'd be surprised how many folks would stop and listen to what you have to say. Me and my boys were rapping outside of a mall once and before we knew it we had between 55-70 folks around us vibing along with us... it was crazy!

But yeah... the Roots performed outside when they started... that's where the real hip-hop fans are... in the streets. go old school... get a boom box... set up a table and sell some tapes/cd's.... just wild out... you gotta do what ya gotta do to attract the attention.... hip-hop venues are getting harder and harder to find and to get into these days if you're not already established... you gotta CREATE ya buzz by any means necessary.

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 03:31 AM   #5
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: A39A 72A6

The way I got into live gigs is one night after work one of the local graffiti artists I know told me about an open mic night and I got given one slot and after that it was all over they started calling me notoroious nos n I ripped the shit out of the mic numorous times that night, some big acts were in the crowd they hooked me up free beats, studio time, shows, I started helping run hip hop expo nights, judging battle comps n being invited to do whole sets in peoples shows..

Then I started dealing smack full time and blew off a lot of my old contacts got stuck in a big oxy contin phychosis and its taken me till about 2 months ago now to finally become 100% clean...

But to be honest, now hip hop is boring me I'm going back to university to become an astro physicist.... I'm also interested in studying cosmology, astronomy and history.... So even though I still been telling people I'm gonna come out with a new album the passion for making it in hip hop is fading fast... Its a hobby man..

But serously I dunno about america but if you got real talent man people notice that shit and these drunken open mic nights are where you gotta start because thats what will get you connected...

I dunno if itd work for you in one night like it did for me sort of depends whose there right?
Old 12-08-09, 01:00 PM   #6
L.E
L.E

IP: CB13 236F

I perform at a bar here in town.

I just simply brought him one of my mixtapes, and he said he would love to have me on stage.

Next Friday is the third show I will be playing there, and I made $500 from the last one.

Just throw yourself out there man, and good things will happen.
Old 12-08-09, 03:01 PM   #7
M&rk

yeah, i've decided i need to move though, cuz ya'll prolly in area's with much denser populations. hard to draw a crowd around snobs in norther michigan where the economy is shit as well. and small town type shit where people aren't used to anything like that, like a cypher there'd be cops called.
anyone live in Florida, i'm thinkin bout goin to tallahassee or Naples or somin, its up in the air

my reverbnation.com page
Old 12-08-09, 08:24 PM   #8
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 1-1
IP: AF61 4A0B

yeah... like nos said... i was fortunate enough to be around folks who were doing it full time so some of it came a lil easy... but my most memorable moments weer when i did what i had to do and got shyt cracking on my own... just throw yaself out there... even in a small town....

i feel ya about the cops... they cracked down on us big time up at W4th in the NYC... Kats started getting into fights over the BS so they nixxed that shyt quick..lol... good times though...

best thing to do is organize ya aown function.... that way you are in charge and ya get to put together sumn that you KNOW you'll like... do all the recruiting for it and everything.... YOU could be the one to start sumn big in ya small town

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-09, 06:21 PM   #9
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
IP: D8C9 D395

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Morgan
thanx for a little insight

all good bro. Coming into chrismas holidays Im gonna have some spare time, so if ya wanna do that battle for shits n giggles i should be able to find time.
Old 12-17-09, 03:03 PM   #10
M&rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Soul? ©
all good bro. Coming into chrismas holidays Im gonna have some spare time, so if ya wanna do that battle for shits n giggles i should be able to find time.

i did a diss track on you already when we were beefin, you're from new zealand right? i'd do another one for fun though for sure

my reverbnation.com page