RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-05, 01:01 AM   #1
Grave Digger
R.I.P

Nas - It Was Written

IP: 591C A203

1. - Intro

2. - The Message: 7/10
Nice slow beat, has that kind of peacefull deep vibe to it, this track'll get you relaxed, it's alright, just got Nas rapping 'bout fucking chicks, getting cash, and shooting bitches, 2nd verse was his better then the first. -_-

3. - Street Dreams: 6.5/10
I thought the beat was just "meh" for this track, another slow peacefull beat, but wasn't as good as the first one, this song was decent, Nas rapping about that hustle shit, trying to get rich and having dreaming of a wealthy life, maybe you'd like it better if you could relate more. The track coulda been so much better though. -_-

4. - I Gave You Power: 10/10
This song is fucking good, it's got a dope piano style beat that goes so well with the song and just makes it intense, in this scenario Nas takes up the place of a gun, and starts telling it's story, it was really well done, my favorite song of the track, ending was dope. -_-

5. - Watch Dem Niggas: 7/10
Decent track, beat went with song, it was alright, another slow beat like all the others, the lyrics were decent, good song to just chill back and listen too. -_-

6. - Take It In The Blood: 7.5/10
Another similair beat, goes with the song, but the lyrics and flow were cool in this song, it's good. -_-

7. - Nas Is Coming: 9/10
The beat to this track is DOPE, the track itself was dope, just a slow intense song, dopeness, it'll make you wanna sneak up on your sister with action rolls and sneaky mission imposible moves, then do a triple front flip and snap her neck. -_-

8. - Affirmative Action: 7/10
This song was cool, I didn't really like the beat in this song, but other then that, it had features from AZ, Cormega, and Foxy Brown, it's a cool song and wt/v. -_-

9. - The Set Up: 8.5/10
Meh, beats ok, another slow pace one, in this scenario Nas is getting in a car and ready to roll on some guy with his boy, he just raps the story 'bout the start to the finish of the murder, pretty good track here. -_-

10. - Black Girl Lost: 9/10
This track is dope cuz it's 'bout rapping the truth of certain chicks, I can understand this one, the beat suits it great, nice dope song. -_-

11. - Suspect: 8/10
Another dope track, beat was alright, word up, some of that gangsta shit, the whole song was pretty illy, had me knoding my head. -_-

12. - Shootouts: 9/10
The start to this song is dope, lol, the beat is dope on this one, got Nas rapping about taking guys out and whatnot, just another dope track. -_-

13. - Live Nigga Rap: 7/10
This song features some other rappers on it, didn't care for the beat that much, Nas was coo' on this track, the rest were meh, it was an average track.

14. - If I Ruled The World (Imagine That): 8.5
Ya, a peacefull song with a cool beat, basically Nas rapping 'bout how the world could be, how much easier it life could be lived, I was feeling it, dope stuff. -_-

Overall: 8.5/10

Final Words:
This album was a big hit in my opinion, one of, if not the best Album Nas has, it's got some slow sometimes smoky room Jazz style beats, but it suits his style well, this was just my opinion on the album though and my ratings may have been differant then yours cuz those first few tracks start to sound alike to me after listening to them as many times as I have. Overall though, it's a dopeness album, if you don't already have this one, go get it right now.

Last edited by Jack The Ripper : 09-12-05 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-10-05, 03:57 AM   #2
Sik Wit It

IP: 59A2 1C71

meh.. and I thought I had this album..
..guess I gotta get this shit then
Old 09-10-05, 04:24 AM   #3
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 0825 899A

Isn't illmatic his 1st album? But ye I got this and Its great.
Old 09-10-05, 04:31 AM   #4
Sik Wit It

IP: 59A2 1C71

why aren't u never on aim?
do i hafta shoot ur ass, bitch
Old 09-10-05, 06:50 AM   #5
J.D
One Mic

Audio Record: 2-3
IP: 38B5 0CC0

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Indeph-
Isn't illmatic his 1st album? But ye I got this and Its great.

yer illmatic woz his first. you make a mistake there JTR lol but "i gave you power" aint anywhere near my fav track on the album, that wud probly be "the message" for me, closely followed by "if i ruled the world".
Old 09-10-05, 12:53 PM   #6
Compose

IP: 4ADA E6DD

the message street dreams and affirmative = dope but werd at puttin a review for it

indeph you traitor dont even know if illmatic was your fathers first.

and what happened to my dam 2,964 posts
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 09-10-05, 04:05 PM   #7
Paranoid
The Paragraph President

Audio Record: 2-1
IP: 2372 BC06

i havent heard all of the songs in this one but i have heard a few and from what i've heard o yes mos def a dope album.

My Myspace
My Soundclick
Send a message via AIM to Paranoid Send a message via MSN to Paranoid   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-05, 04:24 PM   #8
Grave Digger
R.I.P

meh, I thought this was his first, wt/v, the message is dope ya but once you listen to it a number of times along with the ither songs they start to sound to similair to me, -_-
Old 09-11-05, 12:48 PM   #9
J.D
One Mic

Audio Record: 2-3
IP: 38B5 0CC0

yer they do, ur right there actually. alot of the tracks on the album do sound kind of the same
Old 09-11-05, 10:22 PM   #10
Grave Digger
R.I.P

Thank you, those begining one's are so similair, and i've listened to this album like 30+ times, -_-
Old 09-12-05, 01:42 PM   #12
Grave Digger
R.I.P

shut up, , I didn't know, I heard it was his first.
Old 09-12-05, 04:53 PM   #14
Grave Digger
R.I.P

I've heard of illmatic, foo', I just didn't know that illmatic was the first. -_-
Old 09-14-05, 12:33 AM   #15
NaRc-UzI
GeNeRaL

Text Record: 9-7
IP: A6F3 86D9

Nice Review Man but how could you not like the beat in Affermative Action its like one of the best beats ever but good review and "I am" is Nas's best Albumn IMO but all his albums are good except for Nastradamus