RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-04, 12:40 PM   #1
FanTa ZeE

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Stolen Titles?

IP: 7A38 2D7B

Justice Is Wronged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, many of you Mods may know me as 'the annoying femcee who keeps praising Penskills in the vain attempt to get him into Legends' which is obviously what he deserves. In a previous thread, i brought up many reasons why Penskills should be given this recognition, all of which were deleted; why? i do not know. Maybe this is because it would go against the grain, it has been brought to my attention that numerous posts in the Legends forum are occupied by Moderators and Admins, the very people who have the say over what goes in, and what doesn't. I am simply asking the question, is this a rule we were not informed of? Do you have to be a Mod to gain the recognition you rightly deserve? I don't know the answer, but i do know that RapBattles has a lot of talented, highly underated emcees. It was also said that Penskills could not belong in Legends as he had only been here a short time, it was said that he should come back five months down the line, in words to that effect.

Quantity over Quality?

Maybe. You decide that a person has to be here a certain amount of time to be discoved, to have their name immortalised forever in a thread? So talent accounts for only a small portion of the necessaries? Just something to think about.

I am not being disrespectful to those that have gained a title in this particular forum, yes, i agree that the positions were, in all cases that i have seen, rightly deserved. The people recognised in here have talent, no doubt, i am not saying anything to go against that, i am just saying..so do many others.

Thank You for your time.

FanTa ZeE

this was origionally posted in Legends forum, and you can view it there at your pleasure, LMAO, but i thought i'd get a more verified response here.. who backs me?
Old 02-10-04, 12:45 PM   #2
Reborn2687
New to RB

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 3074 F318

I back ya.....no-matter how good you are you dont get in legends if your name isnt camarac, chrit...etc

Old 02-10-04, 12:47 PM   #3
Token

Text Record: 51-5
IP: 41AE D395

^ hmm.. I suspect you've already been banned.

*runs to do IP check*

The Creation
Send a message via AIM to Token Send a message via Yahoo to Token   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-04, 12:48 PM   #4
Trapt Wit
Fuck You, I'm Iller

Text Record: 3-0
IP: D1E0 9F41

LMAO...
I'm in legends once.
Basically if your name is Chrit you get declined for legends 12 times.

Did I Beat You Before?
Yeah, Probably

-An Original RB Member: Yes, We're That Much Better-
Old 02-10-04, 01:14 PM   #5
DaGyrlRemarqabL
..A New Breed of Femcee..

IP: 4577 CD9A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn2687
I back ya.....no-matter how good you are you dont get in legends if your name isnt camarac, chrit...etc

My name isnt Camarac or Chrit and I'm in legends three times. Maybe there are a lot of vets in the legends forums but those vets are there because of their talent, not their post count..At least I hope they are..Most talent comes from practice and experience and seeing the older members have been here longer, it explains why some of them are better than the newer members..This isn't always the case though.

I don't think anyone should be declined of a legends position strictly because of their post count..If a piece of writing is one of the best the site has ever seen, then it deserves to be in Legends..the end..Yet I can understand how a mod or someone judging what goes in and what doesn't wouldn't want a piece from someone who's been here a week who will probably be gone next week..Doesn't seem very legendary..Still, quality over quantity is right..

The best thing would be to have a system where when a piece was nominated, all the judges or whomever would see the text/hear the audio only, without knowing whose it was or how many posts they have..Then no one could complain about anyone being biased or whatever..But that would be next to impossible to do..
Old 02-10-04, 01:18 PM   #6
FanTa ZeE

i agree with DaGyrl, thank you for thinking of a response which actually proved a point, i do see where your coming from, some of the older more experienced members have a more consistent and advanced style of writing, but that isn't a fact set in stone. Maybe there should be a panel, like a jury, of say, 12 mixed people, that changes monthly or something. Not all mods, just people chosen at random who could be trusted to give an unbiased response, if more than half agree, then the piece is in?
Old 02-10-04, 01:19 PM   #7
Edicius
Eddy.

IP: 77D5 6AAD

If u eddy u get declined 15 times.
Old 02-10-04, 01:31 PM   #8
Johnny 6-feet

IP: 224F DCB8

this is going to sound vain but i'll post it anyway. i reckon i should be in legends for a piece i wrote called "the holy grail (part 1 or 2, it doesnt matter)". and before people start running around with their hands in the air going "oh my god, he must be a herb. hes nominating himself!" at least go and check it out before critising.

and fanta zee is right, there are a lot of heads who get slept on who produce stuff thats a cut above your average "i'm a 14 year old who think im a gangsta" shit i see a lot on here. we need more nominations, full stop.
Old 02-10-04, 01:41 PM   #9
self
one wink

Text Record: 2-0
IP: B691 B3C4

What you said about him not being here long enough I really don’t like. That’s just pushing people away from staying here longer.
And no, being a mod doesn’t get you into Legends. The whole reason why a lot of Legends are also mods is pretty obvious and normal. They have been here a while and gained respect, as well as the ability to write. One part gets them the modship, the other into Legends. And also, a lot of the mods beef between themselves, so it’s not as tight of a clan as everyone seems to think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn2687

You have 5 posts and have been here since February. What I said before about not being here long enough...Penskills has been here for a little bit, you have five posts, and joined this month. I wouldn't vote a persons piece into Legends if they only had five posts. Who's to say they'll even post again? Legends is a respect factor for the members who are loyal to the site, and great rappers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGyrlRemarqabL
My name isnt Camarac or Chrit and I'm in legends three times. Maybe there are a lot of vets in the legends forums but those vets are there because of their talent, not their post count..At least I hope they are..Most talent comes from practice and experience and seeing the older members have been here longer, it explains why some of them are better than the newer members..This isn't always the case though.

Case in point exactly. I'm in there once I think...so yeah, doesn't really reflect the "mods get in there" side of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGyrlRemarqabL
The best thing would be to have a system where when a piece was nominated, all the judges or whomever would see the text/hear the audio only, without knowing whose it was or how many posts they have..Then no one could complain about anyone being biased or whatever..But that would be next to impossible to do..

Maybe not. That's a great idea...I'll look into it a bit more.
Send a message via AIM to self   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-04, 01:48 PM   #10
self
one wink

Text Record: 2-0
IP: B691 B3C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanTa ZeE
i agree with DaGyrl, thank you for thinking of a response which actually proved a point, i do see where your coming from, some of the older more experienced members have a more consistent and advanced style of writing, but that isn't a fact set in stone. Maybe there should be a panel, like a jury, of say, 12 mixed people, that changes monthly or something. Not all mods, just people chosen at random who could be trusted to give an unbiased response, if more than half agree, then the piece is in?

Chose people at random? No. Who's to say they are worthy to judge the pieces?
Are mods are good at what they do, that is why they are mods.
12 people is too many.

I think I'll become more active in reading Legend requests. I really don't care who you are, and if one of my friends asked me to put their piece in Legends I would make sure that it would never get in.
Send a message via AIM to self   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-04, 01:54 PM   #11
Penskills
Banned: Spamming

IP: 64FF 9747

Hmm`~~~this is just a drive by post~~~since my name being mentioned and all....
^.^ ..I thank your for you support..... ^.^

Last edited by Penskills : 02-10-04 at 02:29 PM.
Send a message via ICQ to Penskills Send a message via AIM to Penskills   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-04, 02:04 PM   #12
OutWrite
Must Be Bingo, I-1

IP: 0717 1F7A

I Was In Legends..As Well As A MOD....

Thats Neither Here Nor There

However, By Posting This Your Asking FOr Trouble You Dont Want...

Just Edit Your Post And Make It About A Cow WIth 6 Legs Or Sumthin

Nawfik's Out, Back To Chi...........
Old 02-10-04, 02:10 PM   #13
Emerge

IP: CEAA 034E

Good god shut the fuck up about him already... who cares!????

honestly do you spend your free time going on the internet sticking up
for people on a board all the time??? i have never seen so many people
stand up for someone like this before.... yeah he is decent better than
a lot of those kids that post shit in there, but BOTTOM LINE!! he hasn't
done anything legendary....you guys are making him seem really gay
and its not his fault...let the kid be....a lot of members have been turned
down before IT HAPPENS!!!....ive talked to him myself and i told him he
writes well but there is still shit he has to work on....so please jump
off his cock for a mili-second so you can comprehend that he isn't
all as much as you make him out to be....geez youd think you were his
mom or something....
Old 02-10-04, 02:28 PM   #14
Freeman

IP: 40D6 EBC3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerge
geez youd think you were his mom or something....

She could be?

Lol... Then you'd be in the shit then Mr...

This has indeed got to a ridiculous level...

All this shit wont change a thing...

Maybe you should drop it now?

*Also a drive-by post*...

*Zooms off clutching his keyboard*

Pz...
Old 02-10-04, 02:54 PM   #15
Yu Bin SunD
The Moderatin Pooch

Text Record: 18-3
IP: E428 50FB

i read penskillz shit and he does deserve a shot but really if u don't make a name no1 would care who the fuck u are and it's not if ur a mod
Send a message via AIM to Yu Bin SunD   Reply With Quote