RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-06, 01:15 AM   #16
blckout20
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 3843 597C

That girl is trippin Jeezy shoulda choked her out. Who is she to say hip-hop is dead....who is Nas to say hip-hop is dead. He isn't saying he's saving hip-hop but he has respect for what he does. She's a DJ on a hip-hop radio network saying hip-hop is dead? Hip-hop feeds her family and pays her bills she needs to quit jumpin off. Whether you agree with the way hip-hop has gone with the mainstream and such is one thing but hip-hop is alive everywhere you go and there are still people who have the love for hip-hop that they've always had. There are still mcs out on the corner trying to come up, still underground Mcs doing their thing....this girl needs to check herself, step back and take a look at the game, and then reevaluate her perspective.
Old 01-17-07, 11:20 AM   #17
O//^\\EGA
Flyweight

Text Record: 4-0
IP: 2DA9 8083

^^word.....that sums it uo...true story.....

but i gotta admit, if its alive......then it damn sure is sick, cuz u got the essence of emcee on the block been then as soon as u make money, ur no longer an emcee pretty much, ur labeled as an artist and thats sad

alot of cats like Nas and Kweli and Common rap for the sake of hip hop and CAN accept that they aint big, but at the end of the day, just like that hustla on the block...... them niggas gotta eat and it is about paper in the end and i bet if u ask em they wont tell u different, the difference is, that they really do it for the love and their content is based on the essence of what hip hop used to be but at a more evolutional level

i mean we just gotta remember how it used to be, the block was always a bad place......and it still is, the emcees before were spittin about it.....and look a new millenium and things have changed.......minds have slightly evolved.........its the same material......just a lil more clever and more detailed.......the bad part of it all is when money is the focus instead of thinkin of the hoods where hip hop originated..... and when record labels control artists creativity and what they can put out based on sales

i respect Jeezy cuz he theoretically is hip hop........hes talkin bout the Trap.....and exploitin how it is in his hood......and hes makin music that they can relate to.......but at the same time, that niggas in it for the money......i mean flossin and shyt, thats not hood at all....if the hood is as bad as he says and niggas rob as much as they do theres no way possible ud roll down the block in a Lexus on 24s with 6 chains and 8 rings on yaself and expect not to get robbed reguardless of ur respect points, cuz ERRRRRYYBODY is hungry and tryin to get it, and if they gotta rob u to eat, shyt theyll do it, even ya customers......

so tell me when was it ok to rap about the ice and rims that everybody in the hood dont and cant have? thats hip hop huh??.....i can except killin a nigga is hip hop more than that cuz if hip hop is hood life and life itself....then well .....in life u die last time i checked

*folds arms*
Old 01-17-07, 02:47 PM   #18
anxiety

Text Record: 1-1
IP: 9B31 7D96

Hip Hop is dead compared to what it was in the past.
Old 01-17-07, 03:57 PM   #19
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
IP: DAD1 8D50

Wack rapper rule number 18:

When your career shall start to persih, take shots at he whom is alot more respected that yourself.

Wack rapper rule number 14:

When your career shall start to perish, take someones statement and turn it around to try and get some shine of what they have worked hard on.

Wack rapper rule number 4:

When your career shall start to perish, Start beef.
Old 01-27-07, 07:08 AM   #20
Gen-o-Tonik
New to RV

IP: 2630 42B1

naw jeezy aint horrible.. i like sum of his shyt.. he's.... O.K., i think tho he dissed nas because he aint got no beef wit nobody.. and needs sumthin to do.. lol, i meen,im with COMPOSE, he just tryin to get sumthin started.. somethin that he think everyone would want to hear about.. word tho.. if nas do get at jeezy.. jeezy gone get back at him.. AND YALL IS GONE WANNA HEAR WAT THEY SAYIN BOUT EACH OTHER.. point blank.. just say yall hope nas get at jeezy and sit down.. lol

Official King of the Cypher.. Who wants to prove me wrong??

Send a message via Yahoo to Gen-o-Tonik   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-07, 07:16 AM   #21
Gen-o-Tonik
New to RV

IP: 2630 42B1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blckout20
That girl is trippin Jeezy shoulda choked her out. Who is she to say hip-hop is dead.... She's a DJ on a hip-hop radio network saying hip-hop is dead? Hip-hop feeds her family and pays her bills she needs to quit jumpin off. this girl needs to check herself, step back and take a look at the game, and then reevaluate her perspective. There are still mcs out on the corner trying to come up, still underground Mcs doing their thing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet Mentality
When your career shall start to perish, Start beef.

word to poet mentality and blckout20 fa real

Official King of the Cypher.. Who wants to prove me wrong??

Send a message via Yahoo to Gen-o-Tonik   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-07, 09:55 PM   #22
Blackmage
Is F'in Bored

Text Record: 8-12
Audio Record: 5-5
IP: CE53 B16B

Agreeing with jeezy = Did nobody even listen to that fucking interview?

She said hip hop is dead because one area is getting shined and others are dying it's not just one thing. and all these poo butt ass rappers are mad because that's all they know. He's talking about eating, here's an analogy for you. If you have a plate of food yes you can live. If all you eat are the vegetables yes you will survive but at the end of the day the lack of other support for your body will kill you. Too that effect hip hop isn't alive, it's body is using back up from the last meat and dairy it had. When those vitamins are gone the vegetables aren't going to save your ass.

Jeezy got owned.

Knowledge is Power, Stop being Weak

The Legend of Blackmage
Featuring such heads as...Tha Q, 9th degree, Enygma,The green team, Big J and probably you! SO DON'T SLEEP!

Coming soon to a soundclick near you...

........Shit.....Nigga.......
Old 01-30-07, 06:49 PM   #23
Brandon Tezeno
This is my first post!

IP: 7BE2 A0A1

It's all about the south and being real to the world. The south got the hardest niggas around from houston to New Orleans to atl to mia.
Old 01-30-07, 09:34 PM   #24
M&rk
10:23 till i'm 86

Text Record: 32-23
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: D22F CD29

did no one hear the hip-hop is dead album... nas says "if u think hip-hop is dead, your the reason it died"... in other words he aint sayin its dead, but if u think it is or could die then its already been dead in your mind and always will be...

... he sayin real hip-hop mufuckas know hip-hop aint dead.
i think jeezy basically passed nas's test for a real hip-hop emcee by sayin, fuck you for sayin or even thinkin hip-hop could die... cuz jeezy knows it won't ever be dead as long as he alive along with what every other real fan of hip-hop should know.

Big Pic- Whore of the World ( youtube video)

Jesus saves, even from paranoia

myspace.com/marktimothyschafer
my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-07, 08:02 PM   #25
Epidemik
New to RV

IP: BC30 2C97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compose
jeezy is one of the last people that has the right to say ANYTHING about nas, who is HE to say hip hop is alive? rofl, hes a fuckin crack mascot, whoopie thats amazing, nas been around for what 12 or so years? jeezy will be gone in a year or 2 MAX, he's raw ass, nas came in the game people called him the next rakim, jeezy came in the game and a few people rocked snowman shirts for like a month, hes nobody now, looks like hes jus tryina get some more pub by dissing some people

True dat. He screamin 4 attention, & if Nas do waste his time, talent & breath on this lil faggot Jeezy, Snoman aint gon be able to comeback, real talk
Old 02-02-07, 08:44 AM   #26
So.Rell
Mic Jordan

Text Record: 1-0
IP: 46A7 AC75

Damn ya'll are slow with the news round here, Jeezy came on the radio awhile ago and explained himself...It wasn't a good explanation but he explained himself

Get the Fuck out the Ring!
"When the LP Rolls Out..
The Source will be Forced to make the Quotables a Three page Fold Out" - Kno of Cunninlynguists.
Send a message via AIM to So.Rell   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-07, 10:40 PM   #27
WaX Da DreaM
New to RV

IP: 41C1 FB6D

Jeezy is a dumb ass motherfucker. Nas' message with his title name "Hip Hop is Dead" is attacking the QUALITY of rap that's been emerging these past few years. With all this grill-bling shit in the south, the radio is swamped with garbage, unoriginal beats and skill-less fucks yelling over em.. Anyway, I think it's funny how Jeezy doesn't say talk about hip hop at all when asked about it.. His ignorant ass goes straight to "street cred".. Thats two totally different things. Dickhead.

But yeah, if anyone thinks Jeezy has ANYTHING on Nas, do everyone else a favor and go in the back and shoot yaself once in the face. And in response to InDeath.. Of course rap is changing. It's always evolving. And whether Nas still has a seat in that is still to be seen. I've followed him through all of his albums and even though nothing will beat "Illmatic", he's still droppin knowledge without all that glamor bullshit. And I respect that.

Be good yall.

-Wax-

Quote:
The blood of a scholar, is worth a thousand times more, than the blood, of a martyr.

..-Hip Hop Forever-..
Send a message via AIM to WaX Da DreaM Send a message via MSN to WaX Da DreaM   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-07, 04:09 PM   #28
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Audio Record: 5-1
IP: 2143 04F1

Do yall know Jeezy apologized for this?
He's pussy.

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-07, 04:38 PM   #29
Ransum
Banned: Biting

Text Record: 16-12
IP: 1217 B577

NAS WOULD CRUSH JEEZY WITH 1 VERSE HANDS DOWN......
who cares is nas has no street creditablilaty hes lyrically 100 times better then jeezy.....

ENUFF SAID....