RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-07, 07:44 PM   #16
TROUBLESOME™
scotia's finest

Audio Record: 3-2
IP: EA03 FBCE

source is wack.......................................
Old 01-02-07, 07:53 PM   #17
Pro.
Succès Facile!

IP: FEDD 5A6B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Gunner
Which is exactly why people said The Source has no credibility.

opinions are like assholes,an the source is filled with'em.

really the source is pretty wack..but Jay z album shouldve gotten a 4 mic rating..it was better than decent,an waay above alot of these albums out now..but nowhere near the classic albums that been deem'd classics by the community..

but still...whom cares,IMO.

irony?..opions that is.
Send a message via AIM to Pro.   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-07, 10:50 AM   #18
O//^\\EGA
Flyweight

Text Record: 4-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 2DA9 8083

ewwwwww Kingdom Come got 4.5 mics....psssh i didnt even listen to it all and Im like "are u serious? this is what the hype was about" dude has the same ish goin on, no surprises........

i think the arguement is on the sources credibility......which people who even write em say that they aint got it.......

I honestly think Nas' shyt is better.....at least he made a statement that was noble and every song was interpreted (for the smart minds who listened and interpreted anyway)
Old 01-17-07, 04:29 PM   #19
Faime S. Quotez
Light Weight

Text Record: 7-3
IP: A0FD 4B68

Jay's album only got the rating because of the hype it generated. The whole "Jordan" Story, about him coming back, made fans go crazy when they heard he was back. I got the album, and only a few tracks are decent. It's clear that his time is basically up, but he's still got some quotes left in him. I think he didn't want to release an album, but wanted to put a couple of tracks out(Show Me What You Got, Lost Ones, Kingdom Come, and Oh My God). And he knew if he put an album out while Dip-Set was dissing him, he'd get alot of attention to respond to them. The more attention, the more records you sell. He sort of used the controversy theory just to sell.

"If it wasn't for Dip-Set dissing him, Jay-Z wouldn't have released an album."- Faime S. Quotez
Old 01-17-07, 05:03 PM   #20
Compose

IP: 3776 31BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nynth Degree
"When the Unsigned Hype collum in The Source was like
Our only source of light
And the mics used to mean somethin', a 4 was like
You were the shit, now it's like the least you get
3 and a half now, which means you a piece of shit
4 1/2 or 5 means you Biggie, Jigga, Nas
or Benzino, shit I don't even think you realize"

^werdnessisms...
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 01-29-07, 10:24 PM   #21
Blackmage
Is F'in Bored

Text Record: 8-12
Audio Record: 5-5
IP: CE53 B16B

I'm a jay-z fan yes but i'm also very biased on situations like these. There are too many angles going on now for people to complain about the rating it got. No it wasn't better than the black album but...

1. With the direction rap is taking GOOD songs are very hard to come by, therefore a decent song is now good and a good song is now great. Because we refuse to let go of our rating handbooks doesn't mean the world isn't changing around you. That makes an old 3.5 better than a new 4 also.

2. The hype that it stirred up helped record sales but hurt something else. How often do you make a blue print. shit how often is there a blue print nowadays. Everyone expects another and gets mad when it's not. Think of it this way for it getting a 4. Would you rather have D4L's cd or Kingdom come

3. I liked alot he said, of course there was no life changing shit on there but he did do very well, old standard or new. the intro, oh my god, kingdom come, dig a hole and probably 2 other tracks(not the singles) i liked. Others are tolerable.

4. Some people just don't like what he's doing. I like those type of punchlines. I laugh at that shit because i can see him or me saying that to people. for instance in the land of burnable cd's you guys are doing what he says in the intro

"on the internet they're like YOU SHOULD SPIT IT, I'm like YOU SHOULD BUY IT NIGGA"

That lets you know how he feels and what you should expect, how motivated would you be if you picked this as a career and now everyone's getting for free. No matter how rich you are stealing is stealing and you get sick of it. I know you'll probably say he's rich so what but missy complained about the same thing and so did luda i believe and others. If you're going to complain about someone who entertains you, try not being the reason they don't want to do it.

another one is me because i've had answers choked out of me before to the point you want to yell and i laughed when i heard on kingdom come

"I THOUGHT DUDE AT MARK'S WAS RUDE OK!!!"
of course the underdog, flash gordon and spider man punches were good and can't you just see a Rocafella signal when he says "when you need me just throw your roc signs in the air"

"Yall respect the one who got shot, I respect the shooter" because aren't we all tired of hearing about 50 anyway.

It's all on your perception of life and mine is comedy and sarcasm so i love it. Nowhere near as much as i love the other cd's but it wasn't terrible how everyone was making it out to be.

5. Everyone saying he's just coming back to blah blah blah bull and you know it. Put yourself there. Right as you get ready to retire all of a sudden the dude you brought out hates and is dissing you not only because he fucking sucks, but because his career is fading garbage. And because he assumes "oh he's gone he'll never hear me saying these things and even if he does he won't put up a fight". FUCK THAT i'm vindictive as hell i'd be right back.

6. Then you got a guy who last year was saying best rapper alive since the best rapper retired, is not only biting your old lines but saying he loves you and shit so you get him a fucking award. What's he do next? Wait for you to retire and say "oh man i'm better than hova". Fuck that people get on your dick then bite down as soon as they can.

Kind of strayed but still, all that beef and shit helped with hype which hurt peoples view of the cd because they expected something of it. Read this or not i don't care. I won't say it deserved a 4 but i will say it deserved a 4 compared to the bullshit i've had to tolerate in my car the past year and a half to 2. I"m mad as hell I have to listen to common for 3 years waiting for kweli to drop because i'm afraid to turn on the radio.

Knowledge is Power, Stop being Weak

The Legend of Blackmage
Featuring such heads as...Tha Q, 9th degree, Enygma,The green team, Big J and probably you! SO DON'T SLEEP!

Coming soon to a soundclick near you...

........Shit.....Nigga.......
Old 02-13-07, 05:26 AM   #22
GC
Fah-Q

IP: 6672 A2CB

wtf @ the wack faggots callin nas' album wack
Old 02-13-07, 01:48 PM   #23
Sir Smash'Alot
Middle Weight

Text Record: 3-0
Audio Record: 1-2
IP: 4B06 095C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im'a Throwback
in that case nas should get a 5. but like sean said, the source has no credibility.

those beats were wack..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmage
"Yall respect the one who got shot, I respect the shooter" because aren't we all tired of hearing about 50 anyway.

That was at cam'ron actually..

Sir Smash'Alot aka Third Eye
Send a message via AIM to Sir Smash'Alot   Reply With Quote