RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-07, 08:04 PM   #136
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Text Record: 22-1
IP: 079D 694E

oh, by the way.

If you respond...please explain to me how the radio was better back in the day....by using legitimate examples....you have no chance of talking your way out of this...I used examples to further my argument.....you used nothing in your response...step up or step off.

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

The I.H.C.J.S.F.M.T.R.H.P.M.M.W.T.S.M.S.I.T.F.F.W.A.S. O Crew
Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-07, 10:56 PM   #137
Fly-E
Addicted

Text Record: 12-6
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 3A82 639D

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Evolution
You're right..it's not..it's gotten stronger. It's absolutely rediculous to think or even cater to the possibility of a decline in hip hop music. The only difference between now and then....is the lyrical element of hip hop has evolved...if dre had a new album...we'd still here it on the radio....just like we still hear jay-z on the radio...if pac and big were still alive...we'd still here them on the radio...which makes everything else completely irrelevant...because what the majority of the population wants to hear...is different than it used to be....why? Because hip hops fan base wasn't near as big back in the day...the people who grew up with it in it's "prime" fell in love with it for specific reasons...hip hop has grown so strong over the last 10 years that the fan base is equal to the majority of the population of the united states of america....the reason for this? The mainstream has gone out of it's way to please a large group of people equally, rather than a smaller group of people on an extreme level...what does this do? It allows people to make decisions on what they like about the music...there is enough balance on the radio or in the mainstream...for someone to say.."okay, i like this song more then that song...because of this" which gives them the ability to dive right into the style of music they prefer...the radio is an equillibreum for hip hop in general....theres no extremes in any of the music...the club music is mediocre..the concious music is mediocore...the feel good music is mediocre....hip hop hasn't declined....the only thing thats changed...other then hip hop exploding in the most diverse monster we've ever seen....is the fact that the people who listen to rap music...have changed their preference...it's not a matter of good music not being there...good music is all over the place...it's just a matter of people 1...not being interested in it.....and 2...people not taking the initiative to get music from artists they like....and refusing to put forth an effort to find artists that are similair in style....which says volumes of our societies lazy ways, and says literally nothing about the current state of hip hop.

i agree dont got nuthin else to say im glad we reasoned lol!
Old 11-07-07, 11:25 AM   #138
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Audio Record: 5-1
IP: FDE1 A67E

Quote:
Hate me now is garbage, nas himself said so....ruff ryders anthem came out and was a good song....thats not the point...my point was, which you validated for me....was that dmx...and ruff ryders in general...were making much better music then the ruff ryders anthem....the anthem was a mediocre song in comparison to the other music they were making at that time....bringing that up tells me you don't understand half the shit I'm saying....blue magic is a garbage song.....thus proving my case even further...that the radio uses sub par music from great artists......

You didn't argue anything in your response...all you did was prove that you don't understand what the fuck I'm saying....and re-itterate what I've already said....without making a case for what you said previously.

When did Nas say Hate Me Now was garbage?
The RR Anthem was FAR FROM MEDIOCRE. The beat is classic, the video is classic and the song in general is classic. Majority of dudes lets say 18 and up still know every word to that song.
The radio dont use sub par music from great artists, its what the artist put out as their single. And lately, the type of songs artists have been putting out as their single is wack as hell.
The point Im trying to make is that radio has gotten wack as fuck.
Why?
Because all they play is southern shit, dance shit, or bitch shit.
Compare that to the 90's and the early 2000's when they used to play songs that had a rapper actually rippin shit up.
Like I said, when was the last time you heard a song on the radio and thought to yourself "damn this nigga is spittin" or "wow his lines is hot"? A LONG ASS TIME.

And for the other guy.. you said Plies was hood thats why I said ugh. Cause he's horrible. Its time to face the facts people.

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-07, 11:28 AM   #139
Zone Out
Power Hungry

The club music is mediocre. I dont hear a wide variety of conscious shit on the radio. And what exactly is "feel good" music?
If Dre had a new album it will NOT get played. Probably only on the west coast. But otherwise that.. NOPE!

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Old 11-07-07, 02:09 PM   #140
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone Out
When did Nas say Hate Me Now was garbage?
The RR Anthem was FAR FROM MEDIOCRE. The beat is classic, the video is classic and the song in general is classic. Majority of dudes lets say 18 and up still know every word to that song.
The radio dont use sub par music from great artists, its what the artist put out as their single. And lately, the type of songs artists have been putting out as their single is wack as hell.
The point Im trying to make is that radio has gotten wack as fuck.
Why?
Because all they play is southern shit, dance shit, or bitch shit.
Compare that to the 90's and the early 2000's when they used to play songs that had a rapper actually rippin shit up.
Like I said, when was the last time you heard a song on the radio and thought to yourself "damn this nigga is spittin" or "wow his lines is hot"? A LONG ASS TIME.

And for the other guy.. you said Plies was hood thats why I said ugh. Cause he's horrible. Its time to face the facts people.

Im gonna level with you for a second....but before that...Nas said it was garbage on an interview on hot 97...about 3 years ago...i can go into exact detail of why he didn't like it if you need...and ruff ryders anthem wasn't mediocre....BUT COMPARED TO THE MUSIC THE RUFF RYDERS ANTHEM WAS MAKING.....IT WAS MEDIOCRE....seriously man, don't just skim through what I write to you...this is the 4th time i've said it now....in relation to a lot of the other music RR was putting out out...the anthem is mediocre.....that's not a testement to how bad that song is...it's a testement to how good the music they were making is. And artists don't choose their singles...record execs do...which still has nothing to do with the state of hip hop...because the music is already there...it's just a matter of promotion now.....now, the radio out here, at university of oregon....is decent....they have some respectable cuts from respectable to great artists...however, i used to live on the east coast...and the radio was cool back then......BUT....i was back out there this summer....along with being in cleveland for a while(right across the lake from you)....and the radio is different out there..you're right....the radio is garbage on the eastern side of the united states..

so, now that I think about it....we really have nothing to argue about..because the what they play on the radio out there...is legitimately different then what they play out here...

oh well, atleast we can agree on something.

plies is fucking garbage.

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-07, 02:16 PM   #141
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Quote:
The club music is mediocre. I dont hear a wide variety of conscious shit on the radio. And what exactly is "feel good" music?
If Dre had a new album it will NOT get played. Probably only on the west coast. But otherwise that.. NOPE!

Yeah, like i said before...it's a matter of location...feel good music....you've gotta know what that is...it doesn't really fall into any other category that has a more appropriate title....it's music that is just good, that makes you feel good..it's not necessarily concsious....or gangster...or anything....it's just music that has a good balance of production/lyrics/catchy hook............i.e....feel me flow - naughty by nature...that's really the best example there is

as far as dre's album getting played....i suppose it could come down to location like you say..but i really doubt it

Old 11-07-07, 03:26 PM   #142
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Quote:
Yeah, like i said before...it's a matter of location...feel good music....you've gotta know what that is...it doesn't really fall into any other category that has a more appropriate title....it's music that is just good, that makes you feel good..it's not necessarily concsious....or gangster...or anything....it's just music that has a good balance of production/lyrics/catchy hook............i.e....feel me flow - naughty by nature...that's really the best example there is

as far as dre's album getting played....i suppose it could come down to location like you say..but i really doubt it

Word on the feel good. I know what you mean.
Anyway I think location has alot to do with it. They play southern shit way heavier in the south than anywhere else. But the funny thing about Detroit is the radio stations are shitty. All they DO is play southern shit. They bump other shit too though but like alot. I've heard Common plenty of times though. But majority of the places I go all play the same wack shit.

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Old 11-07-07, 07:04 PM   #143
-peter
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 35AC 87F7

This is to Decree Wun
Quote:
he's not practically white he's practically neither and no that doesn't give him the right...and i've never heard him say it.

If you think he doesnt say nigga You Should listen to his song I will quote a verse of his.

Song: Make It Rain "That Gonja Green that Cali Weed, a (nigga) lose his life try roll on me"

Song DJ Khaled We Taken Over Fat Joe' Verse: Blat, when you see Crack, better duck
like the mac gotta ease past, nigga what
Shit, I don't give fuck, I run these streets
Y'all talk that shit, I want that beef
I'ma tell you like a g told me
They'll come back quick if a nigga O.D
Old 11-07-07, 07:17 PM   #144
Zone Out
Power Hungry

^Huh.. damn, when did I say that?

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Old 11-07-07, 09:20 PM   #145
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by -peter
This is to Decree Wun
If you think he doesnt say nigga You Should listen to his song I will quote a verse of his.

Song: Make It Rain "That Gonja Green that Cali Weed, a (nigga) lose his life try roll on me"

Song DJ Khaled We Taken Over Fat Joe' Verse: Blat, when you see Crack, better duck
like the mac gotta ease past, nigga what
Shit, I don't give fuck, I run these streets
Y'all talk that shit, I want that beef
I'ma tell you like a g told me
They'll come back quick if a nigga O.D

what the fuck are you talking about?

Old 12-26-07, 05:22 PM   #146
42-Keyz
Flyweight

IP: A907 A293

lol
hip hop is talk that niqqas in poverty can always make sumthin of theyself.. plain and simple

42 Keez__Phenom1__SKePTiK
ReppiN

www.soundclick.com/keezproductionz
Send a message via Yahoo to 42-Keyz   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-08, 03:29 AM   #147
Valor
A Reflection Of The Past

Text Record: 20-8
IP: 5ACC 928C

werdness....to me hip-hop is my alternate culture
Old 02-22-08, 04:26 PM   #148
SkepTik
Herb

Text Record: 4-4
IP: CE76 E868

Hip-Hop is a way of life Not only is it 4-5 elements (If you seperate beatboxing) Its a style, a culture, a swager in which one who embarasses hip-hop always carry with them. Hip-hop is to me a element and also an emotion I LOVE HIP_HOP!!!
Old 02-23-08, 02:20 AM   #149
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

IP: 988F 0725

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkepTik
a swager in which one who embarasses hip-hop always carry with them.

i don't think there is any definition that can be put into human language...without taking something away from hip hop...but if we are speaking hypothetically...I have to say...I like that part that i quoted...way to contribute.

Old 01-13-09, 09:08 PM   #150
Debiscuz
New to RV

IP: BA3E 4E53

Hip-Hop is a lifestyle, an art form and a form of self expression