RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Violent Text League
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-08, 11:28 PM   #1
Lay.
don't try.

Text Record: 13-2
Week 2 Mag : The Tide Turns

IP: EBB4 6039

Introduction

First off, I'd like to thank everyone who showed up for week 2 of VTL. We went from only one actual battle to only one no show and I appreciate everyone's dedication to the league. We had some great battle this week and most of them could have gone either way. With everyone dropping this hard, it's hard to tell who is gonna come out on top in the end of season 1. But let's check out how it all went down this week.

P.S. - This doesn't apply to some of you but I'd like to see everybody atleast voting on a few of the battles. It's the end of the week and some of them only have one vote and I don't think it's fair to decide a battle from one person's input. It'd be greatly appreciated and would help the league alot. There is only 5 battles battles to be voted on, so aside from the one in your in there is four others. Its not hard to just drop your opinion on a battle with a little explanation.

Battle Reviews

dutch vs. Yung MEDIkated

In all honesty, I think everyone expected atleast on of these newcomers to no show. Yung MEDIkated who has been battling nearly everyone of the forums has hyped himself up quite a bit. He dropped a no show verse but it just wasn't what you would expect from how he talks. I have seen improvement since his first battle on Rapverse though. But if he actually takes the constructive critiscim of those from the league, he might be able to mature as a battler an elevate.

Ramcees vs. LPMNDCTE

I was excited to see this battle because after the no shows last week, this was their first real chance to show what they're made of. In the end it came down to consistency and harder hitting punches. LP's verse had alot of potential but quite a few of his bars were worded and set up badly. Ramcee was packing some decent punches and was consistent nearly every line. LP could be some competition if he learns from mistakes and also I'd like to see what Ramcees has in store for next week's battles.

Flash vs. Satan

There wasn't much to this battle. I think Satan dropped a weak verse due to thinking his opponent wasn't showing up. As for Flash, he checked late which deducted two votes. He did get two votes for his verse but it just wasn't enough because in the end, the votes turned out to be 1-0, Satan. This battle was disapointment because we didn't get to see what these two cats are really capable of. Hopefully in the weeks to come we'll see some sick verses.

Lay Fear vs. Format

This was a pretty heated battle and could have gone either way. I enjoyed reading this one alot. Both of these guys dropped some sick verses. The only flaw in Format's verse was lack of consistency. I'm confident that if he dropped like he did in the beginning all the way through, he would have taken this one. There is a good chance that we could see either of these guys on top though.

Flight vs. Kirk*

I called this in last weeks mags. I knew this would come down to who wanted it more, and I knew it would be a battle among two of the top heads in the league lookin to prove it.

Battle Predictions
by: Lay

Lay Fear vs. Flash

This should be a tough battle for Flash to win. Lay Fear just came off of a good win and Flash lost his first real battle. Flash is gonna need to pull out all the stops to bring in the win. As long as Lay Fear comes with his usual verses he should walk away with the win. But anything can happen.

Flight vs Format

Form proved he can drop with the best of them. Both are coming off a tough loss in a close battle and will probably be looking to turn the most recent loss around. Flight is a contendor and can drop dope when he puts in the effort, and Form isn't out gunned by any means. But I think with Forms busy schedule, which he told me the next two weeks are gonna be hectic I think Flight will come in with his usual array of punches at the ready and take this.

Kirk vs Ramcees*

This will be another good match up. But Kirk now 2-0 and coming off an impressive win over one of the tougher heads in the league has built up some momentum and I think that combined with his talent an confidence in his abilities I think he might pull off the win. Ram's also 2-0 and acquired his first real win in the league this week, and I think he is still ready to prove himself, and his skills.

Satan vs JTR

Talk about David versus Goliath,..need I say anything about JTR. If you don't know who he is, then you better ask about him. Satan is gonna need ALOT to pull this one off. But Satan has been getting better so dont' assume this will be a push over. Hopefully he puts his all into this and makes this a match worth reading. I see J taking this by a few punches in the end.

Yung MEDIkated vs LPMNDCTE

LP showed some potential last week and dropped decent, but his opponent came harder. I think has got the edge experience wise this week over Yung and will probably take this with a little effort put into his verse.

Top 5 Punches of the Week

As for your relationships. Chicks a bag of bones, saggy in several ways,
It's fucked up when you put your hand up her skirt and reach second base.
-Kirk against Flight

i'm way ahead of your game, and you know i'm not lying bro
cause you use to be OneStepBeyond*, but shit, that was a long time ago
-Flight against Kirk.

You dont' wanna see the future, your exposed an scared to rhyme.
My entire verse is 'For'shadowing..cuz ya drop is left out in the dark compared to mine.
-Lay Fear against Format

another wack bitch, Fear man…im tired of battling these Faggots
this kidz verse boasts a bigger emergency sign, then Swedish Flag does
-Ramcees against LPMNDCTE

so get mauled, mangled...if this youth wants to talk tough
I'll throw ten-to-twelve at ya...^^^aka the age of girls u fuck
-LPMNDCTE against Ramcees

Battle of the Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight
he use to be OneStepBeyond, just so you know, not trying to get ahead of anything, it was just a long time ago, thats all, g'l dude

rockin' a fake record, but i'll still let ya back down and concede
cause truth is he does have losses... fact is one of em was from me
i'm way ahead of your game, and you know i'm not lying bro
cause you use to be OneStepBeyond*, but shit, that was a long time ago
but really, i'm rock ya hard and show ya how to drop dope
your punches really eat Dick... so you're REALLY lucky he no showed
i'll bash this trekky, my wits are faster than light, while his go beyond poor
so we all sit and laugh as Captain Kirk goes where no man has ever gone before
you're just on a bad course, so i'll feed ya punches again and again
cause you really are special, K... .. you never can hold your weight in the end
seriously, you dont' have shit dude, no point creating lies
i could light half of you on fire, and it still wouldn't spark your creative side
i'm going to let you fall here, but its a little different from what you said...
i didn't have to burn ya down man... i knew you were a push-over instead

VS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk.
His name used to be Drakel. For those who don't know. Alright.

Dude can act like beatin' Lay was legit. But he knows whats true,
Cause you don't gotta say it, DRakel. You got DR written all over you,
But you can't 'worm' your way outta this one. The best have tried,
And with corn row concepts? I'm quick to toss this pesticide,
I'm takin' this. Those who think otherwise, thats a mistake dike,
But you'll see that I'm wright brother, just before I take Flight,
So, please quit tossin gay lnes. I'm no tryna be mean and wrong,
But I ain't seen fruit punch this much since my senior prom,
Poor bitch, must look like your home got hit with mortars,
Thats why what I buy soda with, you have to use as 'living quarters,'
As for your relationships. Chicks a bag of bones, saggy in several ways,
It's fucked up when you put your hand up her skirt and reach second base.
Worst part is though. I think you bite, somethin' I can't stand, bro.
But funny. Cause even your pirated puches never land-hoe.

Verse of the Weak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung MEDIkated
He's a flake like christmas time
I won the battle with this line
He won't show I knew that much
He gets skipped so I double dutch
And he's such a pussy my whole verse should just say "moan"
But I don't battle no shows so instead I'll let my verse just say "gone"

This gets verse of the weak, simply because it was the only no show verse. So this is without question.

Top 5 Power Rankings

1. Kirk - This weeks win over Flight gave Kirk the well deserved top spot in my opinioin. He's got some momentum built up, and with one skilled textcee out of the way. Who will he take out next?

2. Flight - As seen in the first week, Flight has what it takes to be a top contender in this league. I think in the following battles, he might put more time into his verses and become a threat to all.

3. Lay Fear - After a loss in week 1, Lay retaliated with a win in a pretty close battle with Format. This guy throws some killer punches but the diversity and consistency isn't always there.

4. Ramcees - This being the first verse he dropped, it showed that this guy was no rookie. It seems he was a good chance of rising to the top but at this point it's hard to tell.

5. Format - I didn't know what to expect from Format. He ended up dropping a sick verse and giving Lay a run for his money. Nooone was expecting that from this unknown. Even with the loss, he is top 5 material.

Gimmick 1-2 Punch System Proposal.

I need the league's input on this, if everyone agrees this is a valid idea and think it would be a good addition to throw in the league I will put it in possibly during this week depending on everyones opinion.

The Gimmick 1-2 Punch of the Week

I'll name someone, or something to diss for that week. Ex. a person on the site that maybe noone likes. Everyone will have until Friday by Midnight to drop ONE punch. Sunday, the person who drops the BEST punch for that week will be awarded one point to there ranking.

-In conclusion, I beleive this would be a good way to maybe pick up an extra point to climb the ranks. Me and Kirk talked about this and feel it will be a good idea to toss in the mix. Maybe get some more activity out of everyone. This is NOT mandatory, but I think if anyone has any sense they would want to try an grab that extra point. So, drop your input.

Outro

This was a very solid week, and I'm proud of everyone who showed up and made this week a success. We got some good heads in here, an its becoming more apparent each week, as well as some heads that have some potential. This will be a ten week season, after that its playoffs. We got the first two weeks out of the way. And this is the last week before Contendorship matches, next week the top 3 will get a shot at the contendorship match. And the one who gets Verse of the Week will get an auto bid. Unless its one of the top 3, which then the person ranked 4th will be in the contendorship match. Winners of the contendorship matches will be in the VTL HW Title Match the week after. So everyone drop dope, and drop your best. Goodluck, lets make this another good week.

Credits.

Special thanks to Kirk for taking time an doin the mag. The parts he didn't do, the areas concerning himself I wrote. An are marked by a *

Last edited by Lay Fear : 06-22-08 at 11:35 PM.
Old 06-23-08, 05:59 AM   #2
LPMNDCTE
New Jack

Text Record: 1-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 15D3 63C9

solid mag....

good read all the way through

The B.E.S.T. Crew

Old 06-23-08, 09:15 AM   #3
Format
New to RV

IP: 90B9 B5A3

cool mag

Old 06-23-08, 11:00 AM   #4
Lay.
don't try.

Yeah I agree..good mag d000d.
Old 06-24-08, 03:13 AM   #5
Kirk
Peace, Love, Unity

Text Record: 23-0
IP: 9244 687A

I do what I can, d000d.

88 miles per hour should do it.
Old 06-24-08, 10:36 AM   #6
Lay.
don't try.

IP: 534F DFE5

I need people to vote either v/yes or v/no to the 1-2 Punch system, to get an extra point. If you all think its a good idea or not. I need to know.
Old 06-25-08, 06:01 PM   #7
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

IP: 1635 C9A0

nice mag man

i think u should add the 1-2 thing... if it doesn't work, u just get rid of it, it doesn't hurt anything.
Old 06-25-08, 06:28 PM   #8
Lay.
don't try.

Yeah, word. I'll probably set it up soon.