RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Lyricist Battle League > LBL Office
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-06, 11:45 PM   #91
Euthanize.
Middle Weight

IP: 5436 00A0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTrusHurtz
lol, don't call me the bitch man, I was asked to close it, I didn't really want to, but had to due to the rules. The rules also made perfect sense, most other people seemed to understand them and like them... all you had to do was read them.

Anyway, yeah, league might lose interest from... people who are known for no-showing. You don't want people like that in a league anyway. Whatever, was just an idea.

word.

Tony Brown is pretty gay.

Old 08-07-06, 11:29 AM   #92
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP: 5BFB C1C7

League Tournament Idea

Right, I've seen your debate over whether to have a seasonal league or a weekly league. Arguments are that a seasonal league would give people something to aim towards, and a weekly league helps to build the site and gives those who like to battle in Frontlines but can't because it sucks, a chance to battle weekly. It also gives people the chance to battle weekly without damaging their precious net records.

My suggestion is a blend of the two.

You run a weekly league, you would need a spot to keep track of EVERY SINGLE PERSON who ever battles in the league. Regardless of whether they sign out or not, you keep a track of them and their record.

After an allocated number of weeks, I suggest around the regions of 15 weeks/3 months. That would be a minimum, you could extend it to like 6 months depending really.

Anyway, after the allocated number of weeks you host a tournament. This would be put in the Tournaments section of the board, and lets be realistic... you should be able to get a spot at anytime. If need be you could work out some sort of arrangement with strobe so that you are always allowed a spot for your LBL Tournament.

Basically, whilst the tournament is running..... the league would continue to run also. More moderators would be required of course. For the tournament, there are no sign ups.... you look at your TOTAL RANKINGS that would include dudes that are signed out to. You take the Top 32... you should have that many at least. And those 32 go into the tournament. Now, you would have to send pm's to them all and let them know they have a week or 2 weeks to respond. If they don't they will be replaced by the next person down in the rankings. If you run out of people to recruit then you would have to shorten the entry number for the tournament.

That tournament would be your playoffs... call it some shit like...

LBL Playoffs - The Best of the Best

or something along those lines.

Also, seeing as the league would run at the same time, you would also ask the tournament battlers if they would like to still participate in the league at the same time as the tournament. If they agree, they would be responsible for showing in both.

Then once the tournament finishes.... you start up a new season in your already established and running league.

What do you think?

Anything you need to ask, or don't get... just send me a pm. Dude.
Send a message via AIM to King Solo Send a message via MSN to King Solo   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-06, 11:46 AM   #93
Dickard.
A Life Of Chryme

Text Record: 24-4
IP: 5DA0 D2E0

^and whilst the tourney is going on...the ppl who didnt make the tourney...like a consolation tourney....like in the ncaa...the division 2 teams have the NIT tournements instead of the NCAA tourney....or no lol
Old 08-07-06, 12:12 PM   #94
King Solo
Skadoosh!

Those spoondiggers that didn't make the tourney still get to battle in the league. Because, most of the people in the tourney won't want to compete in the league at the same time, so it will give those who didn't make it a few weeks to get some wins to push 'em up the rankings for when the next season starts.
Send a message via AIM to King Solo Send a message via MSN to King Solo   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-06, 12:21 PM   #95
Dickard.
A Life Of Chryme

Text Record: 24-4
IP: 5DA0 D2E0

oh alright...lool see i didnt understand really..but now i do...lol its cool then
Old 08-07-06, 12:31 PM   #96
King Solo
Skadoosh!

Wordillio! But yo, I think its a sexy idea.

And as I said, it would require more help. And, seeing as though I am not battling in the league anymore... I would be more than happy to help out with shit.
Old 08-07-06, 12:39 PM   #97
N.Tavarez
the medicine man

Text Record: 43-6
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: B26C 448D

hey nick, that multi battle you want to have
we should invite OMB aka terumoto and make it a triple threat
i've always wanted to beat him in multis
and lets do it for the upcoming week
that would be better for me
Old 10-27-06, 10:52 AM   #98
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

IP: 2AC9 5FB1

Okay, here's something that I've noticed thats been going on in the league for awhile. I feel like, a lot of heads will log on around 9:00 on thursday and see their opponent hasn't posted yet. Then, they either drop a no-show verse or don't drop a verse thinking their opponent isn't going to show. I feel like a lot of heads here believe their opponent won't show when they plan to.

2 examples I saw of this just yesterday, Flagrant dropped a no-show verse and his opponent showed... and Joe Native was online at 9 before his opponent had posted and logged off, probably assuming his opponent wasn't posting.

To fix this, I think a "real verse" policy is needed. Basically, if you drop a no-show verse and your opponent no-shows, you lose. Being able to decypher a real verse from a fake verse can be hard so the standard would have to be low, but if its obvious its a no-show verse, I say don't give them the win.

We should encourage people to drop real verses, not just assume their opponent isn't showing up.

Last edited by DaTrusHurtz : 10-27-06 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-03-06, 08:44 AM   #99
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP: BD83 5678

Word, I agree with that.

I mean, the only complaint people could have with that is that they don't want to waste the punches. But the fact that you let them edit out their verse if the other dude no-shows would basically put a lock on that ever happening.

I'm all for this idea, because I always drop a real verse whether or not my opponent shows up. I've just decided that now I will edit my verse out should they no-show instead of leaving it like I used to.
Old 12-07-06, 11:30 AM   #100
Valiant
Human Crack in The Flesh.

Text Record: 11-3
IP: 0992 DDA2

Next topic:

There should be 3 man teams on LBL, battling other Teams in a best of Two battle. It would bring individuals more pride as well as team-mates giving their team-mates constructive critism to encourage them to up their skill. I think it's a good idea, and maybe you should take a week of regular LBL battles to run this as a pilot.

Join The Dynasty Today

----

THE 300 DYNASTY

Old 12-07-06, 01:54 PM   #101
King Solo
Skadoosh!

Word yo..

John Hensley/Roger Glocks/Nick Fletcher..

.. pretty raw team right there.
Old 12-07-06, 07:19 PM   #102
Valiant
Human Crack in The Flesh.

Text Record: 11-3
IP: 0992 DDA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Fletcher.
Word yo..

John Hensley/Roger Glocks/Nick Fletcher..

.. pretty raw team right there.

Fo'real lol, But the Team's should be fair come on now, you don't have LeBron James, McGrady, Wade, Kobe, and Carter playing on the same team now? Unless you have NUFF money. How much do you think some1 will pay (RV$) to have you on their team nick?

Join The Dynasty Today

----

THE 300 DYNASTY

Old 12-10-06, 11:49 AM   #103
King Solo
Skadoosh!

I think about 25 RV dollars. I mean, I am pretty raw right.
Old 12-18-06, 05:54 PM   #104
okay
The Philly B LP

IP: 0FDA 614C

are you gonna ask for links when people sign up to the league
Old 12-18-06, 06:22 PM   #105
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

IP: 6C02 AD00

No I'm going to continue to let just about anyone in and give them a chance... but once they drop completely wack they're gone