RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-07, 02:41 PM   #61
Ice Pick
GoD LiKe

Text Record: 68-10
IP: 4196 034E

cd still sucks big fat dick
Old 09-14-07, 07:22 PM   #62
J.Roy
Rather Unique

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: BB78 D6B4

lol @ people paying so much damn attention to him.

If you don't like him DONT pay attention to them. That's normally how it works
Old 09-24-07, 01:18 AM   #63
SerB
....S.....

IP: BBD5 CAE5

you guys are to funny.

you guys dont know anything, go outside for once in ur life.

i feel like a loser just talking to you guys for 10seconds.

and term u dont know what good music is, ur a little anime dork.
and pfftt @ talking about underground, nothing underground can be better than the mainstream rappers. nothing, underground rappers are one hit hitters or nerd rap.

look @ all the top dogs, none are underground. they all start off underground but people who stay there just suck.

and I dont find any 70's album great, or most of the 80's. so i dunt even know why you naming those.
Old 09-24-07, 01:20 AM   #64
сварливый

IP: 7822 F3B7

Kanye's mediocrely un-fire album out-did 50 cent's. shut the fuck up's are in order.
██‡███████████████▓▓▓▒███▌████▓▓█████████▓▓███▓▓ ██|
██‡█████████████▓▓▓▒████▌▌▌████▓▓███████▓▓████▓█ ██|
██‡███████████▓▓▓▒█████▌▌▌▌▌▄███▓▓█████▓▓███████ ██|
██‡█████████▓▓▓▒█████████████████▓▓███▓▓████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▒███████████████████▓▓█▓▓█████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌████████████▓▓▓██████████ ██|
Old 09-24-07, 02:26 AM   #65
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 3223 240D

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerB
you guys are to funny.

you guys dont know anything, go outside for once in ur life.

i feel like a loser just talking to you guys for 10seconds.

and term u dont know what good music is, ur a little anime dork.
and pfftt @ talking about underground, nothing underground can be better than the mainstream rappers. nothing, underground rappers are one hit hitters or nerd rap.

look @ all the top dogs, none are underground. they all start off underground but people who stay there just suck.

and I dont find any 70's album great, or most of the 80's. so i dunt even know why you naming those.

I'm saying that musically, 90% of mainstream rap is terrible. It would take about half an hour to make a club beat that would top the charts instantly, 60 seconds to write the lyrics to go with it, and five minutes to think up the idiotic dance for people to do to it.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. The mainstream music industry is just that, it's an INDUSTRY. A business. They don't give a shit about music, they want your money. The money of little kids that don't think, that will buy into whatever image they push.

Saying that underground can't be better than mainstream doesn't make sense. It's mass production, they churn out money making tracks because they are a money making business. They don't have the patience to try to make good music.

Think of it like this. A big furniture company might make tens of thousands of chairs a day in a factory. People buy the chairs because they are marketed well and made readily available. An old carpenter running a small business will never, ever be as successful as the big furniture company... but he sure as fuck can make good quality chairs. It's his life, it's what he does, he puts his heart and soul into every single chair he makes.

So are you telling me that just because a musician isn't making millions of dollars, they suck? Yeah, there are underground rappers that aren't successful because they suck at rapping, but there's also underground rappers that aren't successful because what they are doing is their life, they put their heart and soul into every track they make, it's their music, and there is no way in hell they are going to change their image and content just for the sake of making money.

I know I'm not going to get through to you... You're too far in. People like you listen to and love the music they are told to listen to and love. You have never ever listened to music in your life, you don't know anything about it. That's something you should accept.

You thinking you know about music is like somebody thinking they know all there is to know about food after eating everything on the McDonald's menu. There is a whole world of music out there that you aren't even aware of. Mainstream rap, even the entire mainstream music scene is a drop in the ocean compared the the vast amount of music there is in the world.

So don't go thinking your opinion on music is even worth considering when you, like all of your friends, and millions of other people, are nothing but little bitches playing into the hands of some record company's CEO.

Last edited by Terumoto : 09-24-07 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-24-07, 05:43 AM   #66
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

^^that pretty much sums up everything i was thinking
Old 09-24-07, 08:44 AM   #67
KM

Text Record: 9-6
IP: 9204 9119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
I'm saying that musically, 90% of mainstream rap is terrible. It would take about half an hour to make a club beat that would top the charts instantly, 60 seconds to write the lyrics to go with it, and five minutes to think up the idiotic dance for people to do to it.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. The mainstream music industry is just that, it's an INDUSTRY. A business. They don't give a shit about music, they want your money. The money of little kids that don't think, that will buy into whatever image they push.

Saying that underground can't be better than mainstream doesn't make sense. It's mass production, they church out money making tracks because they are a money making business. They don't have the patience to try to make good music.

Think of it like this. A big furniture company might make tens of thousands of chairs a day in a factory. People buy the chairs because they are marketed well and made readily available. An old carpenter running a small business will never, ever be as successful as the big furniture company... but he sure as fuck can make good quality chairs. It's his life, it's what he does, he puts his heart and soul into every single chair he makes.

So are you telling me that just because a musician isn't making millions of dollars, they suck? Yeah, there are underground rappers that aren't successful because they suck at rapping, but there's also underground rappers that aren't successful because what they are doing is their life, they put their heart and soul into every track they make, it's their music, and there is no way in hell they are going to change their image and content just for the sake of making money.

I know I'm not going to get through to you... You're too far in. People like you listen to and love the music they are told to listen to and love. You have never ever listened to music in your life, you don't know anything about it. That's something you should accept.

You thinking you know about music is like somebody thinking they know all there is to know about food after eating everything on the McDonald's menu. There is a whole world of music out there that you aren't even aware of. Mainstream rap, even the entire mainstream music scene is a drop in the ocean compared the the vast amount of music there is in the world.

So don't go thinking your opinion on music is even worth considering when you, like all of your friends, and millions of other people, are nothing but little bitches playing into the hands of some record company's CEO.

^^^^^^AGREES.....well said......
Old 09-24-07, 12:08 PM   #68
Cola
Pushin it....

Text Record: 6-1
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: CAC0 6EFC

^^ too much shit agree'd, but anything against Serb is well stated

Destroyin Tricks on the Daily

Old 09-24-07, 01:00 PM   #69
ThatsWhatSheSaid
= )

Text Record: 3-3
IP: 1E40 50ED

Fuck all this wack shit

Old 09-24-07, 09:58 PM   #70
Sir Smash'Alot
Middle Weight

Text Record: 3-0
Audio Record: 1-2
IP: D754 8009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphillyate
^^ too much shit agree'd, but anything against Serb is well stated

thats gay

but serb is a fag

Sir Smash'Alot aka Third Eye
Send a message via AIM to Sir Smash'Alot   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-07, 11:43 PM   #71
SerB
....S.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto

Saying that underground can't be better than mainstream doesn't make sense. It's mass production, they churn out money making tracks because they are a money making business. They don't have the patience to try to make good music.

buddy, ur a fucking moron. hahahahhaha

dude i never listened to fucking music in my life? thats the arugment you come up with? and buddy you dont even know the difference between commerical hiphop and mainstream. so that blantly shows you dont know shit.

Commerical is the thing you named, about they just making a club beat/talking about pointless shit.

Mainstream is hiphop, thats popular to the public. beacasue its liked by majority doesnt mean its shitty, maybe its not ur style. i can already tell ur one of the nerd rap fans. but still

mainstream > underground

and i agree underground > commerical

and yeah mainsteam does go into commerical tracks time to time, but those usally one hit hitters.

its really funny though people like you, who think beacasue they listen to underground that they are to good for anything. yeah ur the all knowing god of hiphop yo, ur making music ur hardest and not even selling, and selling records isnt even about "CEO labelling or w/e" a GOOD song, is liked by everyone and people dont go and no buy it beacasue its not a label they like.

but since u think underground is better than mainstream, lets name a few heads?

Mainstream -

Tupac
biggie
Big Pun
Eminem
Game
Lil wayne
Wu tang Clan

the list could go on forever.

I would like to see the GREAT underground cats ur gonna name

I can only think a few that Were GREAT

Canibus
Pharoh

thats about it for GREAT underground cats.
Old 09-24-07, 11:44 PM   #72
SerB
....S.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
Kanye's mediocrely un-fire album out-did 50 cent's. shut the fuck up's are in order.

whats ur point?

the sales are close and its not over.

as world wide hasnt started yet, after world wide we will see.

both albums were dope though in my mind. both came with their own style.
Old 09-25-07, 02:44 AM   #73
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerB
buddy, ur a fucking moron. hahahahhaha

dude i never listened to fucking music in my life? thats the arugment you come up with? and buddy you dont even know the difference between commerical hiphop and mainstream. so that blantly shows you dont know shit.

Commerical is the thing you named, about they just making a club beat/talking about pointless shit.

Mainstream is hiphop, thats popular to the public. beacasue its liked by majority doesnt mean its shitty, maybe its not ur style. i can already tell ur one of the nerd rap fans. but still

mainstream > underground

and i agree underground > commerical

and yeah mainsteam does go into commerical tracks time to time, but those usally one hit hitters.

its really funny though people like you, who think beacasue they listen to underground that they are to good for anything. yeah ur the all knowing god of hiphop yo, ur making music ur hardest and not even selling, and selling records isnt even about "CEO labelling or w/e" a GOOD song, is liked by everyone and people dont go and no buy it beacasue its not a label they like.

but since u think underground is better than mainstream, lets name a few heads?

Mainstream -

Tupac
biggie
Big Pun
Eminem
Game
Lil wayne
Wu tang Clan

the list could go on forever.

I would like to see the GREAT underground cats ur gonna name

I can only think a few that Were GREAT

Canibus
Pharoh

thats about it for GREAT underground cats.

Mainstream is mainstream... That's all there is to it. Half of the people on your list are not mainstream anymore. They were in their time, but now they aren't. Tupac? Biggie? Wu Tang? I love those artists as much as the next guy, but they sure as fuck aren't mainstream. Mainstream is what is in the mainstream RIGHT NOW, not what was in there 10 years ago.

I barely ever listen to underground rap. I don't produce rap music, except for when I sometimes make beats. And with all that stuff you were going on about to do with "CEO labelling" or whatever, you completely misunderstood what I said to you in my last post. I'm not going to tell you again, because it's something that I don't think you will understand.

I stand by what I said... You know next to nothing about music. The fact that when I said that to you, you took "music" to mean only rap music proves my point. If you broadened your musical horizons, you would start to get a sense of what is good music and what isn't. This has nothing to do with whether people like the music or not. It's something factual, objective, good music has certain elements and is put together in a certain way, it is of a high quality.

Music overall is up to personal taste, which can't be argued with, but that doesn't mean the music people like is good music. What if you met a guy whose favorite song was some shitty kick drum sound over and over again with a recording of a man yelling over the top of it. You'd be like, "hey man, that music is fucking stupid. It's terrible, it's not even music..." and he would say to you, "fuck you, I love this music." Just because he likes it, doesn't make it a good song musically.

It's the same with someone like 50 cent. Factually, there is nothing special about the music he makes. He is an average artist who happens to have a marketable image that is marketed well. The fact of the matter is he is average, he makes average music. Compared to someone like Tupac who had an extraordinary style, 50 cent is nothing. It's the same in any genre. There are a lot of electro producers that make average songs that sell well... It doesn't mean the music is actually good. On the other hand you've got groups like Daft Punk, who are geniuses in their field. They can make GOOD music, good as in of a high quality, put together skillfully, creative, not the same shit with a different smell.

You don't have to like a song to realize that it's good. You don't have to like rock music to realize that led zeppelin are talented, you don't need to like classical music to realize that Chopin is a good composer... I'm telling you that you don't know anything about music. You go around thinking that the music you like is the most amazing music in the world just because it happens to be the style of music you enjoy.
Old 09-25-07, 11:19 AM   #74
Cola
Pushin it....

Text Record: 6-1
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: CAC0 6EFC

T, why do you even talk to Serb? its like running around after your shadow....

Destroyin Tricks on the Daily

Old 09-25-07, 12:02 PM   #75
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphillyate
T, why do you even talk to Serb? its like running around after your shadow....

Sounds like fun.