RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Fresh From The Lab > Textual Releases > Poetic Scriptures
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-04, 08:53 PM   #1
Calisto

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
The sign says "Closed"

IP: 739C DB67

The sign on the door says “Closed”
But there’s a gentle lady inside
Through tinted and bared windows seen
Labels and colors attempt to hide…
But inevitably she still shows

Staring distantly from her post
Upon the linoleum seems her escape
What she’s dreaming, is unknown
But her glow can’t be replaced…
Joy from what her mind is playing host

From something farther than aisle five
Responsible for her simple illumination
That impervious grin cannot be reclaimed
A piece molded for her in creation…
This ordinary ember keeps her fire alive

The sign on the door says “Closed”
But it swung open anyway
Claiming all within his reach
There could be no brighter day...
He looked beyond what the sign showed

Wonderin if y'all can figure out what this is really about... it's pretty simple, but lemmie know
Old 01-12-04, 08:58 PM   #2
DthsMissingAngel

IP: C1DA C961

My thoughts on this are a lil shaky. To me, it seems as if the girl has locked herself into a state where she doesnt want anyone but herself. Then a man comes and looks beyond the closed sign, and he cares for her, breaking through those bars that were keeping her locked inside. This is what I think, I'm not sure if it is correct or not...Sorry if I'm not. But I liked this, flow, structure, scheme and wordplay was all nice. Great job. Keep it up.
Old 01-12-04, 09:05 PM   #3
Verbatim
That's Right...I'm White

IP: 16C2 A3E7

at first kinda sounded like standing outside a strip club, you know tinted windows and all. Then is sounded like she was in jail or something cause of bars on windows. i think it's bout someone trapped in some sort of place, and somone can see her and wants to help but can't... i dunno. good drop tho

peace
Send a message via MSN to Verbatim   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-04, 09:27 PM   #4
Calisto

I thought of a crappy convience store when I first began writing this to get the imagry... our strip clubs are pretty here so I dunno.
Old 01-12-04, 09:43 PM   #5
Tourniquet
Spectator

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 1A70 9542

I got the feeling of supermaket, small one, with checkout counters lol And a lady standing in there who has worked there a long time, daydreaming. Thinking about what it is that makes her happy, the fresh love of a man perhaps?

Nice simple piece, rather moving to me when picturing that lady in my mind, because Ive seen ladies like this myself and often wondered what they were thinking about that put the smile on their face.
Old 01-13-04, 08:32 AM   #6
Calisto

IP: 554A 44F1

You guys are awesome! You an Angel got it right on... that's what I imagined... like she didn't want to deal with people so she turned the sign to closed but the store was really open. And there are the bars on the windows and they're tinted so that people who want to hurt her can't get in and can't see that she could be easily hurt. But yea the "Fresh love of a man" that is what made her smile like that... glad that you all could read into what this was and to those of you that replied it meant a lot to me... thanks peace

Last edited by varentao : 01-20-04 at 09:33 AM.
Old 01-15-04, 06:04 PM   #7
deacon
I Am The Light

Text Record: 7-2
Audio Record: 1-1
IP: CB2E 7CE0

lets get some ups on this
Old 01-15-04, 07:41 PM   #8
Calisto

^Thank ya sweetie^

Var!! I had NO other peices up an you closed it on me!! Wasup!?
Old 01-16-04, 03:06 PM   #9
Smooth JT

IP: F718 7AAD

This was a great peice. A woman not wanting to love or let anyone into her world. A man comes into play and is curious and "opens" the door to a whole nother world for her. the world of love. It's what i got from this. Great drop hun it was a great peice and worth the read. got the mind working. Respect, JT
Old 01-17-04, 12:14 AM   #10
The Necromancer
Atra Ludio or Hip-Hop?

Text Record: 2-1
IP: EC0B 84C7

I was actually imagining a safe way, specificly. But I dunno... I got actually a not so good ending. I imagined that person coming through the door as being a huge shadowy demonic figure. I it was that line about there being no brighter day. Kinda gave it a sense of hopelessness where she sort of has to give in to whatever the guy wants.

'Guess I'm riding a negative veiwpoint wavelength or something.

I found the structure interesting. I've read a lot of four lined verse poems, those are always good in their conventiality. And I've read three lined verse poems, those actually always annoy me. But this had five lines for every paragraph, and I realized it as soon as I read it. In my head I was imagining the last line of each part being whispered. Kind of gives it special importance. I dunno, but I definitly liked it. The whole thing.

~Shalom~
Old 01-18-04, 01:21 AM   #11
Calisto

Yea that's how I meant that last line to be read, not necessarily whispered but sort of attatched within the stanza but not really attatched as far as the storyline goes. I dunno why but I felt like it needed more after the four lines but something different, I forced myself to write some of this, and I thikn that showed... but the 5 line per stanza thing was my attempt at trying something different with my peices...
Old 01-18-04, 11:41 AM   #12
shawty"B"
shawty"B"

From: Tha many wishes that people make in their dreams...tha depths of a cutters cuts...as shallow as they seem
IP: 4577 CD9A

i like this peice because it give you alot of images in your head..........personally was imagining a person who had nothing in the word and its lik one of those ÿou saw me when I was invisible sort of things". overall really nice peice^. keep it up!
Send a message via AIM to shawty"B"   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-04, 07:02 PM   #13
Calisto

thanks... I guess it was pretty much along that line
Old 01-19-04, 08:07 PM   #14
varentao

IP: 4621 6ECB

Trust me, you did at the time. Hence me closing it, and deacon now re-opening. Unless i fell into a swamp of mirky, benign, unrelentingly sad disillusion..

...er, i'd go with the former though.

To the piece.

The actual style you wrote it in, hidden, cryptic...played to the overall atmosphere and subject you wrote it to. But maybe that's a logical link anyway. Like, that's the usual way one would go about a piece like this. But your executino is what took it past that.

Oh aye, deep into a personal meaning, a personal feel as such. A kind of relative simplicity it had, made it quite accessible. To read and get into more than get the actual meaning of. Though with a bit of digging, that also comes.

A woman who puts on the facade of being 'tough' and 'cold' and unapproachable. But really yearns to be reached. And this one person does.

Hmmmm, well that's the basic jist of what i got. Though at first i thought it was about a girl being raped. But that passed fairly quickly.

....resp...
Old 01-20-04, 08:43 AM   #15
Calisto

IP: 554A 44F1

lol musta been the second because I've been real busy an I haven't posted a poem in a coupla weeks an with the writtin I've been doin lately it wouldn't stay up that long... but even the greatest make mistakes every once in a while. It's cool, an thanks for the indepth reply... about the raped thing, my friend told me that when I read it to her but she said it was a 3 second thing too... peace