RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-10, 04:34 AM   #1
_Talksic_
Addicted

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
cage fighting..............

IP: 90DD 370A

why is everyone and there freakin mom a cage fighter now adays? for real? cuz its popular,cuz its the trend now and everyone wants to be a part of it (is it the cool crowd?) ive been training for 6 years now and was just browsing thru fights on my hd net fights,and saw that jose canseco is cage fighting now and entered the ring with a baseball bat,is it suppose to be like wwe now? pry couldnt have won the fight with the fucken bat but dude is an ambarassment to the sport,like half the fighters out there...and to even be in the ufc u have to be on that gay ass fucken show ultimate fighter,when all that is is a drama queens pulling pranks on each other like little girls..and dana white made kimbo slice join the show to be in the ufc but brock lesner doesnt have to and fights what, heath hearing,and then loses the first fight to frank mir,and then he gets a title shot against randy couture for the title, fuck that.shits a joke, no wonder fedor doesnt want to join.........
but granted gsp, anderson silva,and bj benn, are pry best in the world,but also anderson silva will win the first 3 rounds then dodge his opponate for the next 2 just to keep his belt fuck that,when people pay 50 bucks to see a fight thats what they want to see, fuck that.and when thiago alves threw the fight with rashad,and when bisbing got a fight thrown in his favor to bring in the english audience,shits turning into a mix of wwe and dirty boxing.......ive been body building for almost 10 years now and have trained danzan ryu jiu jitsu/ judo ect...for six yeras now..but glad when i was a solid 245 that i never cage fought fuck the politics/and my shoulders are fucked from it so thats another reason im not.and im kind of glad....word.........

"the loudest one in the room is the weakest"- frank lucas..

Last edited by _Talksic_ : 04-27-10 at 06:40 AM.
Old 04-27-10, 08:38 AM   #2
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Text Record: 57-16
Audio Record: 8-3
IP: C795 3CAB

Somebody is angry...

...Must be the roids.

I'm bored.

Personally I don't try and get too into cage fighting when it comes to the politics. I just watch the fights and try to enjoy it as it is, a fight, in a controlled environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-10, 03:00 PM   #3
Young Kidd (LM)
Better THAN You!

Text Record: 4-1
Audio Record: 4-0
IP: 5304 42DE

I still like Boxing more.
Old 04-27-10, 03:40 PM   #4
Cola
Pushin it....

Text Record: 6-1
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: 4DD6 7603

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Talksic_
why is everyone and there freakin mom a cage fighter now adays? for real? cuz its popular,cuz its the trend now and everyone wants to be a part of it (is it the cool crowd?) ive been training for 6 years now and was just browsing thru fights on my hd net fights,and saw that jose canseco is cage fighting now and entered the ring with a baseball bat,is it suppose to be like wwe now? pry couldnt have won the fight with the fucken bat but dude is an ambarassment to the sport,like half the fighters out there...and to even be in the ufc u have to be on that gay ass fucken show ultimate fighter,when all that is is a drama queens pulling pranks on each other like little girls..and dana white made kimbo slice join the show to be in the ufc but brock lesner doesnt have to and fights what, heath hearing,and then loses the first fight to frank mir,and then he gets a title shot against randy couture for the title, fuck that.shits a joke, no wonder fedor doesnt want to join.........but granted gsp, anderson silva,and bj benn, are pry best in the world,but also anderson silva will win the first 3 rounds then dodge his opponate for the next 2 just to keep his belt fuck that,when people pay 50 bucks to see a fight thats what they want to see, fuck that.and when thiago alves threw the fight with rashad,and when bisbing got a fight thrown in his favor to bring in the english audience,shits turning into a mix of wwe and dirty boxing.......ive been body building for almost 10 years now and have trained danzan ryu jiu jitsu/ judo ect...for six yeras now..but glad when i was a solid 245 that i never cage fought fuck the politics/and my shoulders are fucked from it so thats another reason im not.and im kind of glad....word.........

well, if you did more research you dont have to go on the Ultimate Fighter to get into the UFC. Its just the quickest and most popular way to boost you in the rankings, not to mention you get 100k and a contract gaurented if you win the show. UFC actually finds fighters all around America and brings the best ones that they think could actually do well and puts them in the Fight Nights.

First off Kimbo Slice was in no way or shape going to do well in the UFC with out showiong he wasn't just a boxer first, so White made the safe call and said, prove to me if you want to fight in MY LEAGUE. Dont forget dude, its HIS league, theres plenty of other places for fighters to fight, stop generlizing that the UFC is the ONLY place for MMA. White was smart about it, and made a ton of money off of Kimbo's popularity, and will continue to do so with fighters, becuase why? its a business that he runs. Brock Lesnar was just a golden ticket, why the fuck would you make a collegiate champion wrestler that you know is a fighter prove himself before? The heavywieght divison doesnt have that many fighters to began with, so having a golden boy like Lesnar only bolsters that diviosn to make people want to see it go down.

that Silva fight was bullshit, i 100% agree with that. One way they could fix this, is by instigating what they did in Pride. By using Yellow cards. If a fighter wasn't fighting, and just tryign to to milk out the rounds to win, they would giving him a warning, and after that warning they gave him yellow cards which would take away 20% (i think, for every card he got) of his purse. So fighters would make sure they fought in order to get all the money. Otherwise they'd just leave with jack.

I fucked up my knee, so i feel you on the not training part any more. I felt like, it was a warning, like...why the fuck am i trainignt o be a ufc fighter when i have no desire to be a fighter, i just wanted to exercise and its great exercise, but i'd rather have both knees for the rest of my life than claiming i was a orange belt in ju jitsu. I just play basketball now.

Destroyin Tricks on the Daily

Old 04-27-10, 07:35 PM   #5
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Text Record: 10-1
IP: 5B56 A7FE

wtf are you saying bro? lmao

all you have to do is send UFC videos of your fights and your official record, if they like the videos and see potential they ask you to come and you'll prolly get a fight in the prelims
Old 05-14-10, 12:33 AM   #6
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

IP: 1B3C 636D

Kimbo was just a marketing ploy. Everyone knew it and ya know what? No one gave a fuck. For one simple reason, everyone wanted to see if he was a good MMA fighter.

I mean, he's not. At all. Dana made some serious cash off him though and Kimbo got what he wanted. He got his chance to fight in the UFC.

I train cuz I enjoy the challenge and it's nice to know I can fight. Most people don't really "train" though. They show up to a class, do the moves, then go home and eat a protein bar, shake, and some donuts. Serious fighters are few and far between. I hate Tapout shirts though. When I see a 350 lb guy wit a beer gut he has been working on for 10 years wearing a tap out shirt I shake my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Visions
50 nickle=less than 50 cent, go back to school you idiot
Seangunner@gmail.com
For Anyone Who Wants to Talk to Me

^^I think this explains my view on gangster rap perfectly.
Old 05-14-10, 08:48 AM   #7
JTR
Jack The Ripper

IP: 790A 1F8F

If any of you wanna claim that you're more of an MMA fighter then Kimbo is you're fucking stupid thats all im saying. What you need to realize is that MMA is NOT martial arts and goes against martial arts principles. That doesnt mean MMA fighters aren't martial artists cuz they are if they trained in martial arts prior to jumping in the cage, but in the cage it's not a martial arts fight, it's just a fight, in a cage, with drunk people watching and cheering as you beat eachother up.

Kimbo is a fighter man.. If you think he sucks just cuz he lost to mitrione, man, mitrione is an athletic guy and very talented fighter but they both need a lot of work especially on cardio. For Kimbo to come into MMA with no martial arts training or wrestling off of youtube videos, he came a long way and he's reallyyy improved. He's not the best, not even close, but he definatly doesn't suck
Old 05-14-10, 11:10 AM   #8
_Talksic_
Addicted

IP: 53E6 3853

yeah if anyone stood toe to toe with kimbo,theyd pry lose in a boxing match but mma isnt only about boxing as we all know.......but on another note, i thought i heard dana white saying if anyones want to be in the ufc you had to go on the ultimate fighter show??well unless your a legend,am i wrong jtr? they would give u a fight in the prelims if your a nobody with a good record and real talent?

Old 05-14-10, 11:21 AM   #9
_Talksic_
Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Gunner
Kimbo was just a marketing ploy. Everyone knew it and ya know what? No one gave a fuck. For one simple reason, everyone wanted to see if he was a good MMA fighter.

I mean, he's not. At all. Dana made some serious cash off him though and Kimbo got what he wanted. He got his chance to fight in the UFC.

I train cuz I enjoy the challenge and it's nice to know I can fight. Most people don't really "train" though. They show up to a class, do the moves, then go home and eat a protein bar, shake, and some donuts. Serious fighters are few and far between. I hate Tapout shirts though. When I see a 350 lb guy wit a beer gut he has been working on for 10 years wearing a tap out shirt I shake my head.

yeah it does kind of bug me when u see someone who is not a fighter where a tapout shirt,
(in my trainors defence hes like 280 chubby and you wouldnt think he could fight but he is a destroyer of worlds lol)
but ive seen it countless times bouncing and most the time the "cage fighters" fight like little fucking girls, but at the same time everyone trains and is a cage fighter now adays,or at least talks tuff...i had this guy one time when i was bouncing at this place vino's and this dude was saying he trained with nick diaz,and i did actually train with him for like a week when i was in stockton a couple years back but it was around the same time period and i heard him talking saying he trained with him and i knew all the dudes names that i trained with at nicks gym,and i was lying and named all sorts of different names that i just made up and he was like yeah i know him and him yea i trained with that guy..and none of the names were actually real..but it was funny anyway what kind of martial arts do u practice?
and i love your sig, are the guys in the video serious or trying to make a joke?lol

Old 05-15-10, 02:46 AM   #10
JTR
Jack The Ripper

IP: 790A 1F8F

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Talksic_
yeah if anyone stood toe to toe with kimbo,theyd pry lose in a boxing match but mma isnt only about boxing as we all know.......but on another note, i thought i heard dana white saying if anyones want to be in the ufc you had to go on the ultimate fighter show??well unless your a legend,am i wrong jtr? they would give u a fight in the prelims if your a nobody with a good record and real talent?

You don't have to be in the ultimate fighter show if you made a name for yourself through other orginizations like Paul Daley did or Jake Shields who'll prolly be in UFC soon.

Other then that my friend who's a UFC buff said he read somewhere on the UFC website where there was an email address or something where you could send your videos of a couple of your most impressive wins. If you have a PRO record that is good and your wins were exciting and you looked good in the fights then you can prolly get a shot on the prelims but remember there's just as many other guys sending their videos
Old 05-16-10, 11:03 AM   #11
_Talksic_
Addicted

huh,didnt know that..cool,cool