RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-05, 05:29 PM   #1
Sik Wit It

Ice Cube speaks on violence...

IP: 2AB0 331B

Ice Cube has slammed the media for creating the misconception that rappers encourage violent behaviour from crowds at concerts.

The veteran rapper-turned-actor admits the international popularity of hip-hop took him by surprise, but he's adamant authorities should not be afraid of rap tours.

He says of hip-hop: "It's worldwide now. It's grown to the point where you can be as big as you wanna be as a rapper now. You wanna tour the world, tour the world.

"Even though they don't want us to play certain spots because they think we'll cause riots. We don't cause riots. It might be a fight or two but you get that anywhere, at any event.

"But us on stage? We ain't gonna provoke the kids to do nothing."
Old 06-07-05, 06:00 PM   #2
Sixth Sense
Banned: For Being So Fly.....lol....my new account is Triple Sixes....

IP: 473F 6D42

yea thats true man ^^ word man ice cube sayin that gives him major props good for him

STARTING 2MORROW I WILL BE TRIPLE SIXES THATS GON BE MY NEW ACCOUNT SO THATS ME AIGHT CUZ IM SO FLY......LOL
Send a message via MSN to Sixth Sense   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 06:55 PM   #3
B Weezy
" A nigga try to play me, I'ma blow him off the map A-S-A-P "

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 334C 9068

Yea i heard about this... Ice Cube is a good rapper
Old 06-07-05, 07:12 PM   #4
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

I'm sick of the media tryna use hip hop as a scape goat for all the violence that goes on.
Goths carry on much worse. Did any of you remember back when in eastern europe, they went all evil n shit n started burnin churches down n tryna kill people n shit. You would catch a true hip hop cat carryin on as stupid as that. Yeh you got pricks who just happen to listen to hip hop music, but dats true of all other types of music, so they can't be blaming hip hop, either as a music genre, or as a culture for the violence in the world today. People kill each other on the streets every day.If some of them listen to hip hop music, that's just a coincidence, as they would've gone out n killed someone whether they were listenin to a hip hop tune or not...
Peace
Old 06-07-05, 07:39 PM   #5
L-A-C
New to RV

IP: A39F E8F2

it's funny how ice cube is slamming the media when he was part of the violence that infused kids to start the violence in the streets.isn't that a hpyocrit?
Send a message via AIM to L-A-C   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 09:57 PM   #6
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

yeh it is, but if you think about it, this just shows how much he's matured innit
Old 06-07-05, 09:58 PM   #7
MC IgGY
Banned: Cheating

Text Record: 3-2
IP: 8A1A D0A3

hell yea, i agree
Send a message via AIM to MC IgGY   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 10:00 PM   #8
L-A-C
New to RV

IP: A39F E8F2

yea i guess he's matured i just find it funny the people that start these violent tendencies land up trying to reverse what they started u know?It's like the us dropping nukes and shit and then saying oh shit we made a mistake every other country don't start making nukes u know?(don't know if that's a good analogy oh well lol i tried)
Send a message via AIM to L-A-C   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-05, 12:14 PM   #10
kar0de
New to RV

IP: 508E 2DA7

ice cube is right, violence doesnt insue because of the rapper or act. its usually down to a few asscracks in the crowd.
Old 06-09-05, 02:37 AM   #11
Yung_Dragon
Flyweight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: BE07 6157

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-A-C
yea i guess he's matured i just find it funny the people that start these violent tendencies land up trying to reverse what they started u know?It's like the us dropping nukes and shit and then saying oh shit we made a mistake every other country don't start making nukes u know?(don't know if that's a good analogy oh well lol i tried)

Actually Einstien did that, he helped create the A bomb, but pleaded people to stop using it ever.

Anyway, I agree on Ice Cube on this. The man is a wise legend....or he just happened to mature like you guys said. It's strange, everytime I wear any type of "hip-hop" clothing, the people in front of me start walking faster. People are confused, and it's not supposed to be that way.