RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-05, 10:54 PM   #1
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
Parental Advisory

IP: 0825 899A

I was wondering which would have the better effect. This requires serious thinking. Alot of people would say too strict would be better, but I say otherwise. For example, my pop's cousin got strait A's his whole life and his parents were christian and very hard on him. He got accepted to an ivy league school. The day he got free he robbed a shoe store.(payless no lie, lmao) It made me think that maybe if you're deprived from the real world so long it'll be like pupils awakening to sunlight. Soon as you get a taste of freedom you will indeed, go crazy. So all this parental advisory restrictions can only do harm. I mean if you tell the child what he's seeing and the negative effects of it it'll be easier. I mean would parents rather let him find out from some friend? They're gonna have to find out sooner or later. Imagine if you just found out where baby's come from at the age of 18. I knew when I was like 4. Soon as I got old enough to make a baby I was already mature about it. I just think all sheilding their eyes and muffing their ears are just gonna make them go out of their way to get to whatever it is you don't want them to see and be more reckless about it. I just think they should stop all the bullshit and let people see and hear reality.

Last edited by -Indeph- : 10-07-05 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-07-05, 10:57 PM   #2
ksr
Middle Weight

Graphics Record: 11-4
IP: C83A 8EB7

yea i agree wit u 100%
eventually kids r gonna hav to face reality for themselves, and the transition is easier if everythin isnt completely new to them
Old 10-07-05, 10:59 PM   #3
Cocaine
Blow Me

Text Record: 31-5
IP: 963B DD50

i agree as well to an extent.. i've been thinking about this for a while.. I got real sheltered family members.. and they're just wild as hell.. and my parents always were open with me.. told me exactly what i asked.. and after years of this.. i realize that living an open non-sheltered life.. is better in the long run.. but of course this varies depending on the adolescent..
Old 10-07-05, 11:04 PM   #4
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 0825 899A

Yeah I've seen a few people that stay away from all the bad shit and not get tempted. Although those are the same ones who are scared of everything. Fear is probably the worst feeling in the world.
Old 10-13-05, 12:34 AM   #6
Dijital
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 0FD1 522B

word to that..cuz most of these people turn out to be curious cuz they were so limited to what they can do and not do

.The Realest Can Be.
.Dijital.

Old 10-13-05, 01:07 AM   #7
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 1F98 D349

Yeah man..
I think certain things can be distressing to children if they are exposed at an early age. However most of the time, cencorship is taken WAY too far and only ends up making naieve people.
Old 10-14-05, 02:33 PM   #8
Willa
Bann The Deed NOT The Breed

Audio Record: 1-0
IP: C5F9 47E5

i agree to an extent but dumb asses well be like oh eminem killed his wife im going to do it too i mean like ppl dying trying to be like jack asses lol dumb ppl ruin it for everyone but i think it could be less strict

O.Y.D.
Old 12-02-05, 06:05 PM   #9
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Text Record: 22-1
IP: 1D60 6506

you bring up a good point, a person who is sheltered, is naive to not only actions available to them, but the consequences that follow. I don't think it's so much they go crazy, but there not very concious of being like everybody else, there naive to the idea that nobody is immune to the consequences for certain actions taken.

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

The I.H.C.J.S.F.M.T.R.H.P.M.M.W.T.S.M.S.I.T.F.F.W.A.S. O Crew
Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-05, 03:29 AM   #10
Lyriclesolja
I Create Dope Poetry For The Thinkers Of Tomarrow....I Am Lyriclesolja

IP: 12CD 59BB

Quote:
Originally Posted by A'Cred
I was wondering which would have the better effect. This requires serious thinking. Alot of people would say too strict would be better, but I say otherwise. For example, my pop's cousin got strait A's his whole life and his parents were christian and very hard on him. He got accepted to an ivy league school. The day he got free he robbed a shoe store.(payless no lie, lmao) It made me think that maybe if you're deprived from the real world so long it'll be like pupils awakening to sunlight. Soon as you get a taste of freedom you will indeed, go crazy. So all this parental advisory restrictions can only do harm. I mean if you tell the child what he's seeing and the negative effects of it it'll be easier. I mean would parents rather let him find out from some friend? They're gonna have to find out sooner or later. Imagine if you just found out where baby's come from at the age of 18. I knew when I was like 4. Soon as I got old enough to make a baby I was already mature about it. I just think all sheilding their eyes and muffing their ears are just gonna make them go out of their way to get to whatever it is you don't want them to see and be more reckless about it. I just think they should stop all the bullshit and let people see and hear reality.

im just guessing that this kid never had to work a day in his life...and if so i agree....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
Lyricalsolja you illy on the sickness tip.
Send a message via AIM to Lyriclesolja Send a message via MSN to Lyriclesolja   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-05, 05:11 PM   #11
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 5467 E2B2

I see your point, but a child being exposed to certain things at a young age could cause some problems with them later in their life, for real. Some things need to be censored.

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★