RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-04, 03:07 PM   #31
The Black Plague
... I Dont Hate...
I Speak The Truth

Text Record: 21-6
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: B690 40FB

I dont think god's son was "shitty", it was far above average... It just wasn't as good as Illmatic, and i think ur judgin him because god's son wasn't on par with illmatic. God's Son was prolly a 6 or 7/10, far from shitty. And yes, Jay was decent like 7 years ago, wit tracks like h to tha izzo, where he rapped about his life... Now jay is wack... Dirt off your shoulders? Pure wackness.. But for you to say gods son is shitty is a disgrace to hip hop, it was far better than the majority of albums at the time, you gotta give it that
Send a message via AIM to The Black Plague   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-04, 03:37 PM   #32
~Babylon~
~Lyrical Nirvana~

IP: C1DA C961

the new CD comes out sept. 28.........if anyone hasnt said that yet..........

its called...........street disciple

Last edited by ~Babylon~ : 08-11-04 at 03:47 PM.
Send a message via AIM to ~Babylon~   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-04, 04:26 PM   #33
GFX.
Cypher King. True Story.

IP: F177 A97F

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Plague
I dont think god's son was "shitty", it was far above average... It just wasn't as good as Illmatic, and i think ur judgin him because god's son wasn't on par with illmatic. God's Son was prolly a 6 or 7/10, far from shitty. And yes, Jay was decent like 7 years ago, wit tracks like h to tha izzo, where he rapped about his life... Now jay is wack... Dirt off your shoulders? Pure wackness.. But for you to say gods son is shitty is a disgrace to hip hop, it was far better than the majority of albums at the time, you gotta give it that

I can't compare it to Illmatic because I never heard the whole Illmatic. I'm basing it off everything that came after it. And like I said, Jay's shit has been garbage for a while now. So that means Nas is still better. But I personally was not feeling any part of God's Son besides the three tracks I said. Being that I was a fan before God's Son, I'm still gonna check out Street's Disciple even if I don't pay for it.
Old 08-11-04, 06:15 PM   #34
Triple_N
Ya mom massages my nuts

Text Record: 44-19
Audio Record: 6-1
IP: C3CE 96D1

Ok once again Triple_N is here to drop knowledge.......

GFX<----your location explains your dislike of God Son, central connecticut your an obviously some soft teen that lives all of your life's adventure thru hip hop songs. Now God Son was for the streets it wasn't a mainstream album in any sense, illmatic had change ups on it some street some commercial, the commercial shit was for catz like you. You think God Son is wack because you don't understand what he was saying throughout the album, he was touching on real issues and telling insightful stories on every track dats what makes him great...he made I know I can a single...its called positivity....but his messages are aimed at poor young black people of the street, so if u couldn't relate to his songs you wouldn't like it and a soft mothafucka like you knows nothing of the street and don't post some bullshit about your life I DON"T CARE!!!! and I won't read it cuz I drop knowledge then move on, so don't hate on Nas cuz he spits about things to need to be brought to light.

Another exclusive with Triple_N
So, when you consumed with his...don't get mad when everyone else is
Send a message via AIM to Triple_N   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-04, 08:56 PM   #35
Big Boy
Banned: Cheating

Text Record: 0-0
IP: C1DA C961

dont eva talk about nas like that... even if you not dissin him... nas is illmatic. theif's theme is a nice song. nas is tha realest rapper out there, if not, who is realer?
Old 08-12-04, 08:18 AM   #36
Effect
..::shut the fuck up::..

Text Record: 10-14
IP: CCAE A7E8

naz rules......

Old 08-12-04, 11:27 AM   #37
dren
Middle Weight

Text Record: 0-1
IP: ED9F 61C9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_N

GFX<----your location explains your dislike of God Son, central connecticut your an obviously some soft teen that lives all of your life's adventure thru hip hop songs. Now God Son was for the streets it wasn't a mainstream album in any sense, illmatic had change ups on it some street some commercial, the commercial shit was for catz like you. You think God Son is wack because you don't understand what he was saying throughout the album, he was touching on real issues and telling insightful stories on every track dats what makes him great...he made I know I can a single...its called positivity....but his messages are aimed at poor young black people of the street, so if u couldn't relate to his songs you wouldn't like it and a soft mothafucka like you knows nothing of the street and don't post some bullshit about your life I DON"T CARE!!!! and I won't read it cuz I drop knowledge then move on, so don't hate on Nas cuz he spits about things to need to be brought to light.

god's son wasn't comercial???? go relisten...then listen again...and then rethink what you say. "i can" doesn't get much more comercial. the eminem joint along with several others. yes the lead single took it to the streets, but the rest...i don't really know man. illmatic was all street, it was raw hip hop with a raw emcee that ripped up tracks.

Last edited by dren : 08-12-04 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-12-04, 11:42 AM   #38
The Black Plague
... I Dont Hate...
I Speak The Truth

Text Record: 21-6
IP: DC71 3BF5

^^^^^ Agreed

Illmatic was street, real hip hop at its finest... God's son was also true to tha streets, but it was far more commercial than Illmatic. I can't blame Nas for that, he was tryin to make himself known to the public, and get his shit out there for more people to hear.. Im not sayin he's mainstream, cuz hes far from it, but God's son was somewhat commercial
Send a message via AIM to The Black Plague   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-04, 01:47 PM   #39
dren
Middle Weight

Text Record: 0-1
IP: ED9F 61C9

yeah, but if you want to make A LOT of money in this business you have to adress your audience and cater towards them, and this is what Nas has been trying to do every since Illmatic. He has had some success with it but not near the amount that Jay-Z has found. I don't think Nas is the type of rapper that will ever obtain that success. He just needs to stick to what he does best and keep it that way.
Old 08-12-04, 06:48 PM   #40
GFX.
Cypher King. True Story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_N

One sentence will clear this up for you. Fuck You, homes. So because I live in CT, that makes me soft? I know niggas in fucking WYOMING that could whoop your ass. Location don't mean shit. Don't forget, last summer CT was the murder capital of the country. I was here, faggot. Secondly, you're talking about how Nas' song were aimed a poor young black people in the streets and all this. Where the fuck do you think I am? Oh, I guess that because I own my own computer and I know how to get a fucking job to pay for an internet connection, I'm not poor OR black? And my apologies, but I can't stand commercial shit like you thought I could. And I don't talk about my life, pussy, so continue along your not caring path.
GFX. destroys Triple_N's exclusive... fucking fag.
Old 08-12-04, 07:57 PM   #41
M-Eazy
Banned: Cheating

IP: F6AB BAF7

damn...nas fans beefn back n forth...wow!!!, guess yall forgot bout me...lol...naw tho, i was fuckin around that night...but i was serious, sound wierd dont it...

All you fuckin freeposters...hahaha
Send a message via Yahoo to M-Eazy   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-04, 07:43 PM   #42
DeaDWronG
Flyweight

IP: E8BD FA9F

^^ yea that site is ten times better.
All u see on this site are 50 lovin faggots. Go to origional to talk bout some real talented rappers, unlike the shit u hear on MTV.

FUCK 50 CENT and EMINEM

Pete Rock: The original Pete Rock is like Soul on Ice, dynamite with the mic device.

The Notorious B.I.G.: I'd rather die on my feet then live on my knees.

Big Daddy Kane: I do the body rude like the cops did on that Rodney dude

Guru: Right about now I use my authority, cuz I'm like the Wizard and You look lost like Dorothy.

Nas: Sentence begins indented.. with formality. My duration's infinite, moneywise or physiology
Old 08-13-04, 08:08 PM   #43
Tha~Pro.DiGy
Banned: biting

Text Record: 2-5
IP: 3240 794D

Yo, all this talk bout Nas is makin' me sick.........nas don't stand for no nasir....it's Nigga Ain't Shit.........cuz dat's tha truth. Sure he came right wit Illmatic, but ain't been nuthin but GARBAGE since then. He WAS a lyrical giant.....but now he ain't nuthin but a cd at tha bottom of my collection, collectin' up dust. N his "new" single....thief's theme?.....he needs to steal him sum better beats n a new style....he even tried to go wit tha golds now.....what tha fuck is up wit that? nah im just...... bein serious, y'all need to be educated on tha industry, drop ur boy nas n listen to sum real mc's. N no, ain't from tha west.....Boston, born n raised. Holla!
Send a message via AIM to Tha~Pro.DiGy   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-04, 04:34 PM   #44
DeaDWronG
Flyweight

IP: E8BD FA9F

^^ lol. Who would u suggest? Probobally 50 cent, lil jon, eminem, am i getting warm? Real Mc's? You wouldnt know anything about real mc's. Nas' lyrics have always been fire, maybe not the beats. Dont try to tell anyone that nas isnt educated to the industry u fucken mess, he knows what his fans want and he delivers it. 50 cent knows what followers like you want, and he delivers it to you. grow a fucken brain

Congratulations on being from boston, no one fuckin cares, grow up.

Pete Rock: The original Pete Rock is like Soul on Ice, dynamite with the mic device.

The Notorious B.I.G.: I'd rather die on my feet then live on my knees.

Big Daddy Kane: I do the body rude like the cops did on that Rodney dude

Guru: Right about now I use my authority, cuz I'm like the Wizard and You look lost like Dorothy.

Nas: Sentence begins indented.. with formality. My duration's infinite, moneywise or physiology
Old 08-15-04, 02:56 AM   #45
GFX.
Cypher King. True Story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaDWronG
Dont try to tell anyone that nas isnt educated to the industry u fucken mess

So what? Styles P is WAY deep in the industry and what does that mean? He's the reason the LOX/ D-Block is even still around. Homes KNOWS how the game works from the suits level and he saying the same shit 50 saying. Intelligence has nothing to do with dropping a hot track or CD, homes. Talib Kweli is one of the smartest fucking dudes out there, and his shit is slept on constantly. BlackThought is one of the most talented lyricists alive, but he is way underrated. Shit even Slum Village have deep meaning in their shit, but they get slept on too much too. Intelligence has nothing to do with it. Get it right.

Edit: Fuck it. After this post, I'm done here. Say what you want, diss me all the way to hell if you please, follow me to any other site you feel like it. I'm done here.
Peace.