RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-06, 01:49 AM   #1
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Fucka death penalty

IP:

The United States has been known for hypocrisy in all other countries if you want to admit it or not. One of the most hypocritical things in this country is the death penalty. Not by any means am I against the death penalty, just in the context of the United States' values.

All over America, religion is humongous. In the pledge of allegiance that students say every morning of every school day, God is mentioned along with he idea that we are "under" him. Shit, even on our money is says "In God We Trust". Yet, our government still finds it necessary to take some of the powers of God into it's own hands.

As Christian's we are taught that we will suffer for our sins in hell if we do not repent, but because of the laws in America, we suffer not only in the afterlife but in our existence on earth for sins such as theft and murder. If we truly believe that God is supreme ruler and he will make those who have committed sins suffer, why do we throw murderers away in prison and even sentence them to the death penalty? It seems stupid as fuck to me at least.

If we want to put people in prison and sentence them to the death penalty we should change what we say sometimes. It's kind of like me going around saying I love my dad and then going home to disrespect him all day and pretend like I run the house. Stupid. Open your eyes people, see how badly you're getting pimped by the "democracy".

Thoughts?

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!