RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-03, 09:46 PM   #16
Canuck
Middle Weight

IP: 15C8 5124

Let me get this str8. Half of you diss peeps cuz they listen to 'Mainstream' hiphop, like it isn't good rap. Peeps here thin k 'Underground' Hiphop is better for what ever reasons.......cuz their not Mainstream.

So once this 'Underground' rap takes over it now becomes the main rap being played. Therefore is now 'Mainstream'.

Does that mean peeps like B.E.P, Eminem, Tribe, peeps that were 'Underground' but then got major play so they became 'Mainstream' will now be considered cool again cuz basically their now 'Underground'?

This if the fucking most usless thread I've ever posted in. Can't you see the question is an absolute self-inflicted burn to your itelligence?
Old 12-28-03, 09:52 PM   #17
~RaPiDfIrE~
Light Weight

IP: 8AFF 7D25

fuck no underground won't take over mainstreme...underground music is underground for a reason...not necessarily saying that underground rappers are bad or anything but look at it like this...

what type of person listens to underground hiphop? underground rappers usually listen to underground hiphop to find influences (or found influences already)...a lot of people listen to underground shit to listen to something diffrent, that everyone else doesn't listen to...you don't see a wide audience listening to underground emcees..it's because it takes intelligence to listen to underground rappers..people want to hear shit that they can dance to in the club, and w/ hooks that they can walk around and sing and that are easy to remember....I mean imagine someone walking around at school trying to sing one of canibus's 7 minute, no hook songs..lol that would never happen..

however I think some underground rappers might make it to the mainstreme ears...every mainstreme rapper was underground at some time...maybe they didn't have an underground album but they were unknown at once...look at Eminem, and 50 cent for example..both were underground, unknown rappers at one time and now u hear they shit everywhere...I could easily see like, Tech N9ne on MTV2, possibly MTV...b/c he has enough songs that u can dance to in the club, he has catchy hooks, tite ass live shows, good video concepts, and to top it off he has enough alternative style songs to keep the underground fans interested....there's a few other rappers that I see like that, and I believe the only reason they're underground is b/c they don't have the advertising power that they need...

peace
Old 12-28-03, 10:08 PM   #18
Xpress Lane
the other white meat

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 9365 A3B9

Go ahead and call me an idiot, but were the black eye pea's really that underground?
Old 12-29-03, 08:50 AM   #19
Lokinator
peace

IP: BAB0 D316

Black Eyed Peas are Dope

Owwww Righttt
Old 12-29-03, 10:56 AM   #20
C.Quip

Text Record: 0-1
IP: 80EF 45DD

I Think It'll be Aesop Rock
Old 12-29-03, 11:08 AM   #21
Hero

IP: BAB0 D316

No, it won't happen . .
Old 12-29-03, 11:29 AM   #22
Penskills
Banned: Spamming

IP: 4577 CD9A

..simple..NO..
Send a message via ICQ to Penskills Send a message via AIM to Penskills   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-03, 12:16 PM   #23
A-DueCe-26mad3

IP: 0F8F 62FC

it prob wont happen but that be nice if it would. Theres some dope underground emcees that i know and listen to that id like ta C get some play on radios and shit.
Old 12-29-03, 01:41 PM   #24
Content
Special Ghost To Blow

Text Record: 3-0
IP: 56B8 1A09

theres a lot of decent underground and mainstream artists

but dont expectt free and Aj to be introducing Aesop Rock
or Eyedea or Tonedeff to the platform..even though theyre
full of talent..people wanna dance and for the most part not
think of the lyrics that are being explained..therefore its not happening

I like Eyedea..but then I like Cypress Hill sometimes
or Talib Kweli..Mos Def...Nas..Jay Z...GZA...Ghostface..
everyone has a preference...

Mainstream to underground...about 85% 15% unfortunately
Send a message via ICQ to Content Send a message via AIM to Content Send a message via Yahoo to Content   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-03, 03:32 PM   #25
Skeemz

IP: 399E F0FD

ROC
Old 12-29-03, 07:07 PM   #26
varentao

IP: 5F0A 0E4C

Black Eyed Peas were once underground, of course.

I think they're alright. Positive, wide ranging and not allowing themselves to be restrained by musical boundaries.

Not geniuses. But good and effective nonetheless.
Old 12-29-03, 08:43 PM   #27
Transmogrify
Oh Word?

Text Record: 3-3
IP: 825B CC0C

The only Underground artist that could get major airtime is demigodz. They have that Commercial appeal cause Apathy comes ill with his beats and Celph Titled and Ap incorperate The Gangsta image in their rap while staying somewhat lyrical. Any Underground artist could surface easily but they refuse to give what true hip hop is. Anyone with club bangin beats and a fetish for talkin about guns can get far. Most Good artists stay away that keeping them underground. So no, true Underground heads Will stay in the Underground never becoming more than That guy who raps about nerd shit
<font face ="Verdana" size="2">RhymeVantage
HipHopRoots
</b>
<font face="wingdings" size="6">FBJ
</font>
</center>
</html>
Send a message via AIM to Transmogrify Send a message via Yahoo to Transmogrify   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-03, 08:59 PM   #28
saltheking
Flyweight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 6A57 D029

^ i guess i can onLy dream that my nerd shit will be bought by a miLLion idiots

but uhm yeh i stick with my opinion/prediction aLthough....aLot of vaLid(and no) arguments were presented...

awww damn it...this is stiLL sorta like a freepost...

but uhm yeh, country rapping fa sho...<-----future underground hip-hop

hey you!
your worthless like pre-owned autos...
hahaha

PNEUMATIC...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/saltheking.htm
Send a message via AIM to saltheking   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-03, 09:09 PM   #29
Van Ished
Throwback Member

IP: 6D86 F833

Why go main when your money comes direct if you fund your own label? Look at Chamillionaire, the man has some of the dopest rhymes I ever heard freestyle or written, own website, under a label with the rest of his crew and they're sellin cd's at 15 dollars a pop, an people buy them whether it's 10 tracks or 2 cds. Plus add that to funds gained from live shows/appearances, there's no point in him goin major cuz he already turned down Def Jam.

Basically if your makin your money underground your not lookin to go main, I'm pretty sure even 50 (even tho hes nothin special) would have stayed with mixtapes if not for the opportunity to work with Em & Dre. It all depends on the artists situation, if they're satisfied, you won't see them tryna get on MTV or BET, so mainstream and underground would never merge or swap. Besides that's like seein some half-decent local rappey gettin a music award...... nonsense
Old 12-30-03, 01:22 AM   #30
nam_208
Banned: Cheating

IP: D917 C89A

It will eventually or at least get as big... alot of underground artist are tighter rappers and hungrier