RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Comments & Suggestions
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-06, 01:55 AM   #1
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IDEA #1 - Leagues & Tournaments [STROBE READ!!]

IP: 60E5 1FAF

This will be the first of several ideas I will drop in the next few days because seriously, RV is starting to pick up a little now and it needs some revamping done.

Here it is....

Leagues and Tournaments

TOURNAMENTS

Firstly, there is not much to say about the tournaments. You can’t really have a permanent spot for a tournament, (EXAMPLE: Having the KORV Tournament permanently up in one spot). Although I do not think that you should allow TWO of the same type of tournament to run at once. That in my opinion is just stupid. I mean, if you run two topical tournaments at the same time… one of them is pretty much guaranteed to not get really active. So I suggest that with the 4 slots you have you cater to every aspect of battling on RV.

Slot #1 – Text Tournaments
Slot #2 – Topical Tournaments
Slot #3 – Audio Tournaments
Slot #4 – Graphics Tournaments

^That is basically all you need. Any twist that someone wants to throw in like having a “Celebrity Tournament” where everyone is allocated a celebrity name, but all the battles are text…. then it would fall under the Text Tournaments Slot.
And if some dude wants to run a GFX tourney lets say, but one is already in progress then they would have to wait until it is finished before getting their turn. Regardless of whether or not the text, topical or audio slots are free. Nobody wants to see 2 or 3 of the same type of tournament running at once.

LEAGUES

The same thing, you don’t want to have two of the same type of league running. The only you could work it is if lets say you have two text leagues… but one is for one vs. one battles and the other is a tag team text league. But, at the moment you have the LBL Text League and the Front Lines Text League. That is just plain stupid in breaking up text battles into two different leagues when you could just pile them all into ONE BIG league.
Now, I think one of them should be deleted. I know that the popular choice to remain up would be the LBL. But to keep it fair a poll should be put in Lyricist Lounge just to see which league people want to stay up.

So, what you should do with the league slots is again, allocate a spot for each.

Slot #1 – Text League
Slot #2 – Topical League
Slot #3 – Punchline League
Slot #4 – Any other League

^Now, the reason I haven’t suggested a spot for GFX and AUDIO leagues is that there are not enough members on RV who are that active to get a decent league in those two areas. People have tried and failed miserably. Topical and Text battling are still and will always be the most popular battles on RV. So, you give them both a spot each. Then you have the punchline league because that to is one of the popular leagues. The current one is fairing OK… but need I remind you that the PLL back when Mimesis ran it was the most popular league this site has seen as of yet.
Then you have the fourth slot for anyone else who wants to have a league, providing that said league is not a TEXT LEAGUE, a TOPICAL LEAGUE, nor a PUNCHLINE LEAGUE. GFX, AUDIO, TAG leagues – all those would be acceptable.
Old 06-09-06, 04:36 AM   #2
Magic5

IP: 6EB9 28C9

1. I definately agree with only one text, audio, etc. tournament/league at a time. Instead of one active one, you'd have two semi-active ones and that doesn't work very well with leagues and tournaments.

2. Get rid of FLBL. . there's less skill, worse mods, battles go up late, there's no mag. The LBL has battles up every Sunday, a huge ass mag, mods do their jobs, some of the best text battlers on the internet are signed up. . there's not even a comparison.

3. Yeah, I'll dedicate a number to saying that the PLL was great. There was like, 70+ people in at one point. Biggest league this site has seen. BLAT BLAT.
Old 06-09-06, 01:12 PM   #3
The Creator
I beat bitches up

Text Record: 8-1
IP: F1FE FCAA

I suggest we all get a van like them niggaz off of Bangbus(I know I aint the only one who watches that shit) and just to cross country to peoplez homes after no show to battles and just make them sit there and type they shit while we whach they assess do it....then we take embarrassing pictures for late blackmale perposes and harrassments and really good personals in a battle....how bout that for an idea...