RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-07, 02:20 PM   #16
M&rk
10:23 till i'm 86

Text Record: 32-23
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: D22F CD29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Sky
^- Rofl, son

Being in a gang dont make you a gangster

Thats like saying you gangsta by affiliation

but than again if being in a gang dont make you gangster, what does?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gangster
^^
yes it does

Big Pic- Whore of the World ( youtube video)

Jesus saves, even from paranoia

myspace.com/marktimothyschafer
my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-07, 02:42 PM   #17
Triple_N
Ya mom massages my nuts

Text Record: 44-19
Audio Record: 6-1
IP: 3141 C6C0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone Out
If you're raised around an area with a high crime rate and drug dealers and killers, it dont matter if you have a weak mind or not. You will have all of that embedded into you. Its not changing to become them, its becoming them, period. Not literally becoming them, but just knowing it in your mind. Some people embrace that lifestyle, some people dont. The ones that embrace usually becomes the people commitin the crimes and dealin the drugs. The people that dont embrace it are usually the ones that make it out the hood. But even still, just because you make it out the hood and try to lead a good life you will always have that hoddness in you, ya dig?

and the same thing goes vice versa.
If you're raised in the suburbs around grannies plantin flowers and ice cream men smiling and police officers actually helping you and not beatin your ass. And talkin your problems out then you move to the hood, that wont make you hood, because you still have that suburban mentality. YOU FEEL ME?! DO SOMEBODY FEEL ME!?

^^^Absolutely incorrect, I am born an raised in the hood an been to hoods all up an down the east coast. An I know tons of dudes born & raised in the hood such as myself an u would never know it unless u asked them. The hood is just a neighborhood, its not who u are. Which brings me to aurora's gangster theme.

Nowadays we got "Thug by Location" niggas, these are the dudes that grew up in the hood but stayed in the house an watched shit pop off from the window but when they leave the hood they quick to tell outsiders "yo, I'm as thug as they come I'm from such & such hood, yall kno how we do." The truth is in most ghettos the large majority are not gangstas/thugs....u got the 20 or 30 so niggas on the corner...then the hundred or so of everyone else. Which be the elderly, middle-aged city workers, nurses, janitors, teachers, school officials, etc. But niggas like to lie an say the hood is a 24/7 war zone..there are dead bodies on the street everyday an every cop is corrupt...dont get me wrong its def fucked up an katz dying young an corrupt cops do exist there but its highly overblown. It really comes down to the individual an how their parents raise them which will determine if the hood will define them or not. an thats real talk....1
So, when you consumed with his...don't get mad when everyone else is
Send a message via AIM to Triple_N   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-07, 02:47 PM   #18
ThatsWhatSheSaid
= )

Text Record: 3-3
IP: E0AB 4BA8

Rofl lol i like how you say thug by location, thats why i said everyone in a gang isnt gangster, it all depends on the person and their values for themselves, which gets set in their ways from what they are around if they were around their parents and they were taught well they fine but if you cant talk to your parents like that you look to your friends and whats around you and thats how you get caught up, im not a gangster at all, and im not tough cuz im from New York but i got that Ny mentality and dudes from NY know what im talkin about
Old 03-02-07, 02:56 PM   #19
Triple_N
Ya mom massages my nuts

^^^^I was born & raised in New York City an been to all five boroughs, all thru long island an upstate to yonkers an albany. Any New Yorkers mentalities vary. The way katz in my hood view things is a polar opposite to kids in Long Island. You find commonalities here an there...but there are damn near 13 million people in New York City alone, its impossible for all those people to have the same mentality.
Old 03-02-07, 03:01 PM   #20
ThatsWhatSheSaid
= )

I hear you, i meant more in a general sense, Ny thinkin diff from Cali, im not talkin specifics cuz none of us think the same but the commonalities as you say is what makes us different from other states and places, New york has a depth that most states dont have n i dont mean population
Old 03-02-07, 03:11 PM   #21
Triple_N
Ya mom massages my nuts

Quote:
I hear you, i meant more in a general sense, Ny thinkin diff from Cali, im not talkin specifics cuz none of us think the same but the commonalities as you say is what makes us different from other states and places, New york has a depth that most states dont have n i dont mean population

^^^what are you talking about? what depth? what does New York have that other states dont? what is this train of thought that everyone in the state of New York shares? I know people in my own borough that the only thing we share is that we live in New York...there is no common mentality whatsoever. Maybe everyone in your part of NY think alike but in nyc there are as many mentalities as there are streets.
Old 03-02-07, 03:19 PM   #22
ThatsWhatSheSaid
= )

New York has pride and passion, we have history, a deep history, square one for Hip Hop, from the basment parties with Djs and the master cermonies that would rock it. Almost like a swagger we have, maybe not everyone has it, well obviously but still, and some people have it but its not a conscious thing you would just think about like randomly its just who you are. New York has pain, its like a fuckin soul, Louisianna has that Soul but its different their, it bloomed in other ways. Im probably going over your head but its all good, i dont mean just daily life thinking, all humans are alike in nature to a certain extent, i could keep explainin but you wouldnt get it, suprised because you born n raised, im not saying were better than anyone else, were tougher, more "ghetto" richer or poorer but were different, and dont think on the basics of comprehension as you've been with all people are different because i know that, thats common sense

Maybe its just me but its way more than a nas song or a tshirt that says i heart ny, im proud to be a New Yorker
Old 03-02-07, 03:32 PM   #23
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Audio Record: 5-1
IP: 2143 04F1

Triple N stop actin like a douche
its pretty damn obvious what he's talkin about.

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-07, 03:37 PM   #24
KOOL COL-B
Tha 1st member of S.W.A

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 5350 A834

im a pinche vato spicca, gangsta az a mafucka, werd

REST IN PEACE MY MUTHAPHUKKIN SPICCA OMB!!!
Old 03-02-07, 03:58 PM   #25
Triple_N
Ya mom massages my nuts

Lightbulb

Lmfao@ going over my head...man what u just said is all relevant to hip hop...does everyone in New York enjoy hip hop? You jus said because your proud to be from New York that everyone else from New York is proud to be from New York. Dude NYC has one of the highest rates of residents moving out in the country. Now, u trying to degeneralize it by saying we all dont have a New York swagger, again thats relative to New York Hip Hop....New York is a melting pot of all cultures of the world....u telling that me an abu at the 7/11 across town have the same NY swagger? You telling me that me an former mayor guilliani have the same swagger? You telling me that you an stephon marbury have the same swagger? All that pride in NY starting hip hop an djing u went on about is relative to New York ghettos cuz thats who really started it, when hip hop was being created in the south bronx in the late 70's the rest of New York was discoing they ass off. There is a New York style of rap...but their is no "one" New York persona....Black new yorkers from the ghetto rep NY differently than Italians from howard beach, Puericans from jackson heights/corona rep new york differently than asians in chinatown, arabians in bellrose rep new york differently than indonesians in long island city, I could go on an on. Dude get out of ya small NY town upstate an actually come down to the city then u will truly know what NY is about.
Old 03-02-07, 03:58 PM   #26
Triple_N
Ya mom massages my nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone Out
Triple N stop actin like a douche
its pretty damn obvious what he's talkin about.

^^lmao, who da fuck says douche?
Old 03-02-07, 04:04 PM   #27
ThatsWhatSheSaid
= )

Triple N, someone who's suppose to have common sense knows that on a site called "Rap Verse" primarily about hiphop the discussion in most topics have some twist with Hip Hop, hence the "Gangster" topic, its a part of HipHop, thats where i was going with the Ny shit, but youre just your run of the mill average joe people or you wouldnt even come at me like that, inside the box thinkin n shit, whatever though, everyone trying to bring new york back but its losin heart, cuz of people like you, its done with, you aint a new yorker youre just a resident son, go move to connecticut with 50
Old 03-02-07, 04:14 PM   #28
Triple_N
Ya mom massages my nuts

Quote:
Triple N, someone who's suppose to have common sense knows that on a site called "Rap Verse" primarily about hiphop the discussion in most topics have some twist with Hip Hop, hence the "Gangster" topic, its a part of HipHop, thats where i was going with the Ny shit, but youre just your run of the mill average joe people or you wouldnt even come at me like that, inside the box thinkin n shit, whatever though, everyone trying to bring new york back but its losin heart, cuz of people like you, its done with, you aint a new yorker youre just a resident son, go move to connecticut with 50

^^^So, now becuz this discussion happened on rapverse its limited to rap-related subject matter? your words was "New Yorkers." New York is made up of FARRRRRRRRRRRRRR more nonrappers than rappers my friend. As well as New York is made up of FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR more nongangstas than gangstas. So, I lack common sense for thinking "New Yorkers" meant anyone who lived in the state of New York? I'm jus a run of the mill average joe thats ruining hip hip becuz I misinterpreted "New Yorkers" for "New York rappers & fans?" WTF are u talking about man? u on some children shit, when a child cant articulate his/her thoughts they resort to calling names. If u feel like returning to an adult level with your replies hollaback.
Old 03-02-07, 04:20 PM   #29
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Audio Record: 5-1
IP: 2143 04F1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_N
^^lmao, who da fuck says douche?

haha
I thought about that after I posted it
lol

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-07, 04:33 PM   #30
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 2020 96DE

i dont even give a fuck bout being gangsta i'd rather not be a gangsta rapper cuz that means im just another rapper..im nowhere neat gangsta and im proud cuz i can reach a WAY more bigger audience being me...a majority of the people are nowhere near gangsta so they'll connect..thats where the genious of the old eminem was..he rapped bout his problems with his mom and his girlfriend..and his love for his daughter..being bullied and picked on at school..living in a trailor park..being the only white kid..ALL of that..and thats why he was so big was by being himself...

me so far im just focused on my rhymes and writing im not even recording no more thats gonna be outta the picture for a while and it has been..im focusing on what to say and how ta put it and i need ta focus on other things in my life right now before i refocus heavily on rap again but when the time comes im going to reach an audience that lives the same typa life i lead and has the same views...thats for every kid who isnt gangsta and im sure theres some aspects in my words that reach people living the gangsta lifestyle too just not as heavily..but if im successful im gonna reach a BIG ass audience